Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Sounds like a BAD deal to me......

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Sounds like a BAD deal to me......

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sounds like a BAD deal to me......

Well this guy just Deposited $1700.00 to my PayPal account. Now what????? [&o]
Old 10-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Redline7000
My Feedback: (2)

Ask for a wire transfer for the balance. If he balks, walk away and reimburse him his money.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:08 PM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm with Redline. Ask for the rest before shipping anything.

Hector
Old 10-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

If you do a PayPal transfer could anyone retract the funds if they wernt happy or were trying to scam someone? I agree with you guys that I do mosty wire transfers and to be honest I dont even like doing business with PayPal but many seem comfortable with it.

I sure do appreciate all the advice I am receiving on here. Most of it is very good info.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:20 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Patty,
your going down brother!!!
Been good knowing ya.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

What I do wong??? Pleeeez tell me? What I do now???

Scotty.................go back to your fake Jewelry biness in Floriiiiida!

-Frosty
Old 10-13-2008, 08:13 PM
mselby
My Feedback: (1)

Patrick,
There have been a number of scams on turbines from Indonesia. The more common one is where they advertise cheap turbines and then accept payment and disappear. There is also one where they have you ship the turbine to Singapore and tranship from there, once again disappearing. There are however some bonafide modelers in Indonesia. If you receive full payment, check with Paypal as to whether Paypal has the right to debit your credit card or any account you have with them if they receive a claim from a purchaser. If they can, then you have no way to protect yourself and it is likely another variant of the purchase scam. At that point you should probably cancel the transaction and return the funds. I lived in Indonesia for 9 years and have a reasonable degree of familiarity with it.
Mike
Old 10-13-2008, 08:28 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: highhorse

Thank you for your heads-up termination of the sale. It isn't about the $$, it's about a much bigger picture.

Ur right. Guy is full of BS. Internet crime enforcement my ass ! I know a bit about this if he really was one of the good guys he would be irresponsible to admit that to you, thus exposing his methodology to the public domain.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do your country a favor and contact, for starters, homeland security. They can refer it to the proper folks from there.

Believe the threat is real. A friend and co-worker of mine prevented another 9-11 scenario just by following his instincts. Once he contacted the authorities and gave them the info he had they went absolutely BONKERS and shut down a "cell" here in the U.S. which had already begun rehearsing/training for the attack !

His being smart and following his gut is the ONLY reason you never heard about a SECOND 9-11.

What he does with it is his busness. If he was a terroritst or something he could buy directly from a jetcat dealer. I wouldn't worry about that. I highly doubt it.
Andy ! You can't mean that bro [] ! Security is OUR in business these ugly times, and there is a very good reason this guy chose the route he did. Think about it for a few minutes . PM me if a light doesn't come on that makes you smack yourself in the forehead and say say DOH [X(] ! I don't want to elaborate here..........
eh, I guess your right. Not worth a sell. Who knows what the guy is planning. I wouldn't sell to him for his crappy attitude anyway.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:32 PM
ltdorn1
My Feedback: (39)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PAYPAL will NOT PROTECT you from scammers... they will take the money back out of your account if they find it came from stolen money.... read the paypal fine print....

Only way to protect yourself is to immediately withdraw the money from your paypal account and the bank account its connected too.... makes it harder for paypal to take them money back from you but they will probably end up getting it from you in the long run and you will be out the turbine and money....

I got scammed for $700 from a jackass that did that with i filled a complaint with paypal on a misrepresented ebay item... Paypal only suspended the funds the guy had currently in his paypal account only and i was out the $700 balance due...

Bottom line: Dont sell anything to someone you dont totally feel confident with....
Old 10-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

But if you have a special account JUST for PayPal transactions, can't you simply transfer the $$$ out of it and leave a zero balance? Then there is nothing for PayPal to get? Or are you saying they can just take the $$$ anyways and leave you with a multi-thousand $$$ negative balance that you then owe to the bank???
Old 10-13-2008, 09:54 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Patrick,
If you don't want to deal with this guy at this point, here's what I would do. Contact paypal and tell them that you cancelled the deal with this guy via email before any money was sent as his questions and attitude caused you to feel it was deal that was heading south. He then sent you money after you told him you didn't want to complete the transaction. They will most likely just credit his paypal account and not charge you the 3% service charge. They can probably block him from sending you any more money as well.

Marty
Old 10-13-2008, 10:24 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I got scammed sort of once through paypal, guy sent me a guitar to do work on, and sent me the deposit through paypal with a stolen credit card. About 3 weeks after I withdrew the money, paypal took the money back, leaving me with a negative paypal balance so that any money that got deposited in there just paid off the balance.
Fortunately for me, I had the guitar, so I sold it to pay off the deposit.

You can refuse the payment through paypal. That's what I would do. When I first read this thread I thought you were just goofing around with another scam email. I won't sell to indonesia at all. Probably sucks at times when there is a legit guy out there, but I'd rather have a legit guy mad at me than get ripped off by a scammer.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

I don't understand that! How can they force your balance negative? Can't you call the bank and direct them to NEVER allow an over-draft on that account by anyone but you, or something like that????

This is nuts!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:49 PM
aparchment

Hmmmm, sounds to me like PayPal is worthless. Perhaps something like escrow.com works better. That way funds are automatically transferred once the buyer either accepts the goods or holds them longer than the return period.

I have a transaction pending with a modeler from FL I don't know and he paid with PayPal. I think I may handle the payment differently.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:56 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: Woketman

I don't understand that! How can they force your balance negative? Can't you call the bank and direct them to NEVER allow an over-draft on that account by anyone but you, or something like that????

This is nuts!!!

It's not your bank account they put as a negative, it's just your paypal account. I suppose you could just close the account and tell them to stuff it, but I've got tons of verified transactions on that account, didn't want to close it. Paypal is convenient but it's far from perfect
Old 10-14-2008, 12:38 AM
tamjets

Paypal just like credit card company.
If other guys are using stolen credit card to pay you through paypal.
Paypal will took the money back from your account before they event noitify you.
Don't even pay the guy back with Paypal account even you refuse to do business.
Contact your Paypal account and report possibily fraud case with your transaction and let them take care of it.
Don't submit anything from your account. Once you do. You accept the hidden term with Paypal and you give up your right.

Good Luck Patrick.
Save those money for the bad time and hope you had some left to buy me a beer when I see you again.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:00 AM
Moerig

And another thing, dont be fooled about the phone nr he gives you to phone. Its a virtual skype nr. LISTEN TO TAM.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:03 AM
Moerig

ORIGINAL: Woketman

This is nuts!!!
Can anyone be this naive? Dont you watch the news? Your money is being stolen by the fat cats on the hill right now!
Old 10-14-2008, 04:10 AM
Moerig

ORIGINAL: Redline7000

Ask for a wire transfer for the balance. If he balks, walk away and reimburse him his money.
Wire Xfer is not safe either, if it is fraud, the bank WILL reverse it. Ask them about the fine print, they wont tell you.....
I knew someone local who got taken systematically for 100's of K on his online shop and shot himself....
Is this your guy?
I do bank security... (how do you think I know this e-mail)
Sugiharto Nasrun [[email protected]]
Old 10-14-2008, 06:58 AM
Patrick Frost
Banned

Okay......... I refunded the $1,700.00 from PayPal back to his account. I told him that if he wanted the TITAN that he had to wire the money to my bank account. He said he didnt know how to do it but he would try. Should I go this route or just tell him it's not for sale? I sure do appreciate everyones help here and hopefully many others will learn from some of this info. I sure dont like the way PayPal can take your money if the guy is a fraud. The only bad thing is IF there is a good guy in Indonesia it's gonna be hard for people to trust that person. I hate to say it but it is true at this day and age.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Redline7000

If this guy doesn't know how to do a wire transfer, then he's not for real! Anybody with a brain knows how to give instruction to a bank rep. Tell him you just won't sell it to him! You don't know him and you don't owe him anything. Wait till an honest buyer contacts you. There are plenty of those as well.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Patrick Frost
Banned

I currently have two other guys in the U.S interested in the turbine so I will go with one of them. SOMETHING with this guy from Indonesia just doesnt feel right or sound right. The guy has been calling me 5-7 times per day but I wont take his calls and he wont leave a message and that is strange as well. I beleive I have all the info I need and I have certainly learned some valuable info from this. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:59 AM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Forget it. Even if he decided to pay Now all at once, Id make sure his money can't be taken back. Moerig is correct...
Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 AM
tamjets

ORIGINAL: Patrick Frost

Okay......... I refunded the $1,700.00 from PayPal back to his account. I told him that if he wanted the TITAN that he had to wire the money to my bank account. He said he didnt know how to do it but he would try. Should I go this route or just tell him it's not for sale? I sure do appreciate everyones help here and hopefully many others will learn from some of this info. I sure dont like the way PayPal can take your money if the guy is a fraud. The only bad thing is IF there is a good guy in Indonesia it's gonna be hard for people to trust that person. I hate to say it but it is true at this day and age.

Patrick,
You refunded to him. Did I told you not to do it. If this guy a fraud. The refund can be deducted from your account and the the money he paid can be reverse by PayPal.
Contact PayPal to clear up the matter ASAP to protect yourself from Fraud.
I'm not try to scare you. The scam artist had learn many way to Fraud.
I been there and lost the battle deal with boogie credit card sale.
The money I had lost with Fraud can buy me a brand new car.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It does pay to be careful, however I bought a Jetcat P160 on E-bay from a guy in Indonesia & had no problems. You are just as likely to get scammed from anyone, anywhere.
Reading this thread, it seems to be getting a bit manic ( Reds under the bed etc ). The guy said he could not pay the total in one go. He therefore got permission from Paypal to increase his sending limit & sent you the money. What more can you expect. If Paypal can take back money sent from Indonesia, it can take it back from anywhere. If that is a worry, do not have a Paypal account, because anyone can screw you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.