Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Sounds like a BAD deal to me......

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Sounds like a BAD deal to me......

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sounds like a BAD deal to me......

Patrick,
You refunded to him. Did I told you not to do it. If this guy a fraud. The refund can be deducted from your account and the the money he paid can be reverse by PayPal.
Contact PayPal to clear up the matter ASAP to protect yourself from Fraud.
I'm not try to scare you. The scam artist had learn many way to Fraud.
I been there and lost the battle deal with boogie credit card sale.
The money I had lost with Fraud can buy me a brand new car.
[/quote]

Tam,

Are you saying that the money I refunded him can be taken from my PayPal account AGAIN? I refunded him his money in FULL so how can he do this? This guy is obviously reading all of this because he continues to email me regarding everything people are saying here and he continues to call me as of this morning 6 calls, but you would think by now he would take a hint! I am going to get ahold of PayPal and clear this up with them. Cant you send anyone money via PayPal by just having the persons email address? So if I send you money via PayPal and you refund it back to me.......... PayPal can take the same amount again? I am a little confused. [sm=confused.gif]
Old 10-14-2008, 12:09 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

I think that he could tell PayPal you didn't deliver the goods. and they would attach your account.
That the refund was a unrelated transaction.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Redline7000
My Feedback: (2)

Since he did not deliver full price on the turbine, he has defaulted. Therefore I see no reason why you should continue this transaction. I think you should be able to put some sort of "stop payment". Any legal minds reading this?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:33 PM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

HOW IRONIC........................
Old 10-14-2008, 12:35 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Patrick,

Better take a look at what Tam is saying. I don't think "refunding" the funds is the same as "refusing" the funds. Better move fast, and good luck.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

patrick,

i already asked this thing to my bank. And they said it will be very complex, and take at least 2 weeks. Because its international. Thats why the western union is very popular here in indonesia. But as far as i know, its not safe and expensive. And this is the reason why western union and money gram got banned on ebay auction.

you know, i do have an ebay id.you can check my reputation on ebay. So, please patrick, let us finish the deal using paypal. And you can even withdraw the money 1st from your paypal account before you send me the turbine.

heres my ebay profile : http://myworld.ebay.com*************
i hope you can understand.

thanks

So why cant this guy do a wire transfer from his bank to mine? Something sure doesnt sound right............................ Has anyone else dealt with this guy? I would feel really bad if this guy IS legit. Something still doesnt feel right .[:'(]
Old 10-14-2008, 01:24 PM
tamjets

ORIGINAL: Patrick Frost

patrick,

i already asked this thing to my bank. And they said it will be very complex, and take at least 2 weeks. Because its international. Thats why the western union is very popular here in indonesia. But as far as i know, its not safe and expensive. And this is the reason why western union and money gram got banned on ebay auction.

you know, i do have an ebay id.you can check my reputation on ebay. So, please patrick, let us finish the deal using paypal. And you can even withdraw the money 1st from your paypal account before you send me the turbine.

heres my ebay profile : http://myworld.ebay.com***********

i hope you can understand.

thanks

So why cant this guy do a wire transfer from his bank to mine? Something sure doesnt sound right............................ Has anyone else dealt with this guy? I would feel really bad if this guy IS legit. Something still doesnt feel right .[:'(]

Patrick,
Contact PayPal to stop the refund you did first. Get that money back to your account and had PayPal reverse the paying he did.
That is only way to protect yourself from Fraud.
If you use your account to refund the paying. You are reliable for any Fraud. PayPal will not do anything for you.
Do it now.
I don't want too loose my beers drink.
This slow economy I can't afford to drink many green bottle out of my wallet.
My advise should buy me few drink.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

Tam,

If you save my ***** here I will owe you more than just a few green bottles. Me love you loooooong time baby!
Old 10-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Redline7000

Wire transfers are not complex do not take 2 weeks to complete. I just bought a boat in FL. Wire transferred all funds. From the day I gave instructions to the day the funds were received and verified, the transaction was completed in three days.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:41 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I would tell this guy to go get bent...anything less and you will get what you deserve. And. I would be on the blower with Pay Pal most Ricky Tic, Tam's advice is solid.

Let this be a lesson to the rest of us.....
Old 10-14-2008, 01:49 PM
B58
My Feedback: (43)

There are some good guys selling from places far from here. I emailed a fellow about a P-80 he had on RCU. He was in Caraceau. I told him I was reluctant to send money out of the country before getting the engine, so he shipped to me and told me to check it out. If I liked it send him the funds. I got the motor, it was as described, and I wired him the money. Don't find many like that though. Bob
Old 10-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

I am currently lookin into PayPal "fine print" regarding "refunds" and have also received a phone number for Homeland Security so I will be giving them a call today. You just never know about scam artists now days. They will find anyway to get to you. This guy "may" be legit but I cant take any chances. If he wants a turbine he can go to JetCat Germany. This guy is also aware that his Warranty would expire in Indonesia unless he shipped it back to JetCat USA. I smell a dirty diaper with this guy.

Anyone else here familiar with PayPal and how this works?
Old 10-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

*****************Latest Email from Indonesia***************************************

Patrick,

i do understand with you condition of worry but no problem here. But i really dont have the choice. Regarding the fraud from Indonesia, why dont you let me know the details and let me see what i can do.

Actually the turbine will be put on a UAV prototype.. The fuselage designed by our team. And if you dont mind, i can send you once the our UAV is ready for launching. LOL

And thats also the reason why im looking for more thrust turbine. We will go to a bigger turbine next year once we receive more funds for project. But, we have to get more informations regarding the specs and price.

About the mail order, western union and money gram were banned on ebay because they dont provide the protection to user. Im not recommended this payment methode.

So, we can have the deal, please allow me to send the payment via paypal.

Regards,

Old 10-14-2008, 02:18 PM
747drvr
My Feedback: (5)

Why is he so desperate to buy from you in particular ? Are there no other turbine motors available in this big wide world ? Is your price so attractive that you're practically giving it away ? I really do like to give people the benefit of the doubt but you would think this would be way too much hassle for a legit guy to go through.

I'm thinking that he may think that the hook is in the mouth and with a little patience he can set it ! I would love to hear the bottom line about PayPal , wire transfer , money order..... security.

On the other hand . If he is legit , he's trusting that when you get his money that you will actually send the motor to him . Funny how this kind of business works !

Marc
Old 10-14-2008, 02:27 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Patty,
You kinda remind me of one of those guys standing on there roof during a flood.

You wanna go in on a pyramid with me? Will be ricH!!!
Hey, I got some oceanfront in AZ for sale cheap.

Scotty
Old 10-14-2008, 04:18 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

UAV....yeah right. This guy sounds more shady than ever. I would contact HLS on his butt for sure.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:41 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Patrick,
The only reason this person is so desperate for you to send the goods is that they were most likely paid for with a stolen CC and he only has a certain number of days to get the product from you before the owner of the CC reports the unauthorized purchase. Happens all the time.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH INDONESIA OR NIGERIA... PERIOD.

As Tam told you, you need to contact PayPal ASAP and see if they have a way to help you. unfortunately, I have bad experiences with them. Once a transaction is done, it's your problem. They are covered with all kinds of fine print that holds you liable. Plus, good luck getting through to an actual person there. When you refunded the money, you accepted the payment as valid. If the funds are not recoverable and have been withdrawn... Guess who is paying. Not PayPal.

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but I just tried to help one of my employees who was scammed into sending a laptop to Indonesia on a PayPal "guaranteed" transaction. Unless the sale is done through eBay, there were no help from them.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:47 PM
myork
My Feedback: (3)

Frosty there right man. Refunding the funds and Refusing the funds is two different things in Paypal's book. Maybe i'm just a dumb redneck from Ky, but I WOULD NOT sell anything to anyone overseas that I thought could be used as a weapon. It sounds pretty shady to me especially when he sent you part of the money when you haven't even accepted the deal.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Moerig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: myork

Frosty there right man. Refunding the funds and Refusing the funds is two different things in Paypal's book. Maybe i'm just a dumb redneck from Ky, but I WOULD NOT sell anything to anyone overseas that I thought could be used as a weapon. It sounds pretty shady to me especially when he sent you part of the money when you haven't even accepted the deal.
You are maybe what you think you are. Jetcats can only be found in the USA after all, outside america everyone is stupid right and live in jungles or the desert ? Fact is this guy targets stupid people. He would never pull this off in Europe....

Frost,

The mechanism is this:
Build confidence.
Pay with fraudulent CC money into Paypal.
One of two things:
1> you send the goods and pay for your own engine later that you dont have.
2> Refund to his paypal account, he makes off with the cash via some other transaction, you pay for the turbine you still have.
Win -win for the guy in Indonesia.

NOW FROSTY, read my mails again, you never stated the guys email until now, ASK yourself how did I know his e-mail if YOU DID NOT MENTION it.
I know he is trying SEVRAL OTHER folks just like you.
Well its because I know stuff that few people know and I like to help BUT,
TAM gave good advice. If you lose money its because you stepped right into it.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:31 AM
Spartan Missile

Mr Frost,

I hope you manage to extract yourself from this mess. I would be sick with worry.
Please let us know if you bring it to a happy conclusion. Fingers crossed, Good luck.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Patrick Frost
Banned

No worries here Amigo. Spoke with PayPal this morning and (Linda) said that I did the right thing by "REFUNDING" the money. I DID NOT "accept" the payment. I just simply refunded it in full back to the sender. If it was a stolen C.C. it would just go right back to the card. She also helped me with some insight to be cautious of people like that in the future and what steps I can take to protect my booty.

Also called Homeland Security and it appears that this guy has been looking for a large turbine for awhile. I dont have to worry about it anymore.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-15-2008, 12:07 PM
jetpilot

Patty,
If it smells like pee, its probably pee
If it smells like poo, its probably poo
If it smells like fart, I didnt do it
and if it smells like fish, its your fingers
Old 10-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

Scotty,

My fingers definately smell like fish. Your Mom came over last night and threw a Birthday party for me.[sm=drowning.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56865.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	1052470  
Old 10-15-2008, 12:39 PM
jetpilot

Just got off the phone with homeland security and they said you've been trying to buy large turbines for "vibrators"?
Man whats up?
Your mother told me it was much harder getn out your skid marks than your grass stains but she still thinks those other ones are milk stains.
Quit posting pics of my family online man, you've gone way too far!!
go back to textn your indonesian buddy and leave us americans alone!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

We all need to help my good Indonesian friend, Sugihfarto Nasrun Muhammed Achbad Vimal and send him food, water, clothes (he prefers Nike, Reebok, Tommy, Ralph Lauren) and if any of you have an extra jet laying around the house he could sure use one of those too. He says he has 14 kids to feed and his wife has crabs and diarreah so she cant work and the toilet bucket is getting full so lets do the right thing here! I am thinking of sending him my TITAN for free because if you are gonna scam someone you might as well just ask for it upfront right? After all...............he needs it. I mean.................Cmon............lets help these people out! [&:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.