Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

One Eighth Air Force fly-in

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

One Eighth Air Force fly-in

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 03:24 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: One Eighth Air Force fly-in

Check out Mr Happy in the back round .The" Mr Ron" that we all know and enjoy.
Semper Fi
Joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83801.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1060910  
Old 10-28-2008, 04:00 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: arizonasun25

ORIGINAL: Vincent

Joe,
that shot looks like it was taken early sat am before the flying...either way Mr. Ron looks grumpy. He had to work hard to get the weekend pass from the Mrs i guess... []
V..
BTW This is why Ron looked grumpy... he just dropped it off at my office.

No wrong again guys The crying towel was a award that I accepted for jim after he crashed his grippen into the fence and scared everyone half to death. Here is some pics of Jim maning the Gong.

Ron, LOL, I was laughing so hard at your version of the truth that I nearly dropped a wrench through your Bandit wing. BVM sure does build them strong, it only went through the top skin!

The real story is that Ol' Ronny was grumpy [sm=angry.gif] because he was scared half to death to fly and be the first (again) to receive a gong. After a butterbell Gripen landing, the hair-triggered beatch gongs me after I touch a wingtip missile rail during a turn back to the pits. So we snap a few pics and the pressure is off Ron and it's now safe for him to fly. Gotta give him credit though, he did manage a few good landings (with the capable assistance (aka coaching) of Wayne, Vin, myself, and John).

As for the [sm=cry_smile.gif] towel/fence, one of the NWS pull-pull cables broke and the Gripen turned into the fence and the post removed about 1" of wingtip. (Thanks John for the suggestion of the fishing wire leader; your help/advise is much appreciated.) The most important thing is that nobody/nothing was hurt (a la Monster Planes).

The Gripen "crash" was pretty minor in comparison to the Ron Long scale of crashes (F4 highlights include: 70mph touchdowns, high bounces, pushed in gear, ripped out chutes, "I have no brakes", ditch digger, etc, etc, etc). That thing has spent so much time at Wayne's for repairs that he's thinking of charging rent!!!!

The best part of the weekend was the pilot's choice vote (which Ron's F-16 won).....I was standing next to Ron when I pulled out my ballot. He says "let me see that for a sec" and grabs it out of my hand. He writes in "F-16" and his plane number, hands if back, and says "There you go!"

All in good fun.

Jim
Old 10-28-2008, 04:17 PM
RonLongAZ
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcjets_63

Joe,
that shot looks like it was taken early sat am before the flying...either way Mr. Ron looks grumpy. He had to work hard to get the weekend pass from the Mrs i guess... []
V..

No wrong again guys The crying towel was a award that I accepted for jim after he crashed his grippen into the fence and scared everyone half to death. Here is some pics of Jim maning the Gong.

Ron, LOL, I was laughing so hard at your version of the truth that I nearly dropped a wrench through your Bandit wing. BVM sure does build them strong, it only went through the top skin!

The real story is that Ol' Ronny was grumpy [sm=angry.gif] because he was scared half to death to fly and be the first (again) to receive a gong. After a butterbell Gripen landing, the hair-triggered beatch gongs me after I touch a wingtip missile rail during a turn back to the pits. So we snap a few pics and the pressure is off Ron and it's now safe for him to fly. Gotta give him credit though, he did manage a few good landings (with the capable assistance (aka coaching) of Wayne, Vin, myself, and John).

As for the [sm=cry_smile.gif] towel/fence, one of the NWS pull-pull cables broke and the Gripen turned into the fence and the post removed about 1" of wingtip. (Thanks John for the suggestion of the fishing wire leader; your help/advise is much appreciated.) The most important thing is that nobody/nothing was hurt (a la Monster Planes).

The Gripen "crash" was pretty minor in comparison to the Ron Long scale of crashes (F4 highlights include: 70mph touchdowns, high bounces, pushed in gear, ripped out chutes, "I have no brakes", ditch digger, etc, etc, etc). That thing has spent so much time at Wayne's for repairs that he's thinking of charging rent!!!!

The best part of the weekend was the pilot's choice vote (which Ron's F-16 won).....I was standing next to Ron when I pulled out my ballot. He says "let me see that for a sec" and grabs it out of my hand. He writes in "F-16" and his plane number, hands if back, and says "There you go!"

All in good fun.

Jim
This is why he got one of these, for responses like this. must I remind everyone you are only as good as your last landing. Jim was in the fence.

Ron

Name:	Ki20167.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	1060925  
Old 10-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Ron... be nice !!! [>:]

Jim... relax, Ron will have his turn in the barrel soon enough and you can get your revenge

V..
Old 10-28-2008, 06:12 PM
rcjets_63

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ron... be nice !!! [>:]

Jim... relax, Ron will have his turn in the barrel soon enough and you can get your revenge

V..
LOL, relaxed! Gotta go, gotta patch a hole in a B-ARF wing. Now where did I put that cardboard and spackling paste?

Regards,

Jim
Old 10-28-2008, 06:22 PM
P38J
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMfr2CgIPhg&feature=related]can we all get along.[/link]
Old 10-28-2008, 06:27 PM
uncljoe

Wayne
Classic

SF
Old 10-28-2008, 08:17 PM
RonLongAZ

Joe,
V..

All in good fun.

Jim
Ohhhh in Case I forgot I just wanted to thank you Wayne, Jim, John, Vin for all the help and coaching??????? with my landings last weekend.

Ron
Old 10-28-2008, 08:17 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

couldn't help but laugh at this one after I watched Wayne's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-azgW...eature=related

you're only as good as your last landing. or touchdown I suppose

nice pix of the event fellas, some neat airplanes

cheers
Old 10-28-2008, 08:29 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Joe,
V..

All in good fun.

Jim
Ohhhh in Case I forgot I just wanted to thank you Wayne, Jim, John, Vin for all the help and coaching??????? with my landings last weekend.

Ron
Oh no, we are highlighting words again. This can't be good. At least I know that I am not involved.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:05 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

Boy ! this guy looks grumpy, Guess he got TOO many gongs on his last landing (kidding)
Semper Fi

My imfamous (wish I could get royalities) Burning Corn shot. [sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif]

C'mon Ronny Boy!!! I see you only brought easy and easier????? Where is the trophy grabber????
Old 10-28-2008, 10:15 PM
RonLongAZ

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

Boy ! this guy looks grumpy, Guess he got TOO many gongs on his last landing (kidding)
Semper Fi

My imfamous (wish I could get royalities) Burning Corn shot. [sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif]

C'mon Ronny Boy!!! I see you only brought easy and easier????? Where is the trophy grabber????
Douge,

I like the nick names for those planes I did fly the F-86 on Sunday No one took any pics.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:23 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Semper Fi

Douge,

I like the nick names for those planes I did fly the F-86 on Sunday No one took any pics.

I like this shot of the GONG and its STRIKER MUCH BETTER!!!

Name:	Sq45913.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	1061303  
Old 10-28-2008, 10:27 PM
RonLongAZ

Semper Fi

Douge,

LOL I do to.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:47 AM
uncljoe

Douglas
You have way too much time on your hands... see you at desert jet storm
Semper Fi
Joe
Old 10-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Dancobsen

Wayne, that was funny I don't care who yar.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:59 AM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are too funny. Seems like some animosity going on out there, our just a rough bunch of old-guys! Nick
Old 10-29-2008, 10:14 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Semper Fi

Douge,

lol, I have no dawg in this hunt but I swear that pic reminds me of the movie Water Boy
Old 10-29-2008, 12:51 PM
cactusflyer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: NickC5FE

You guys are too funny. Seems like some animosity going on out there, our just a rough bunch of old-guys! Nick

Nick.............No animosity...Just Ron[:-][:-]

Tailwinds,

John