Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Engine choice

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Engine choice

Old 11-29-2008, 09:32 AM
MattyC-130
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine choice

Hey Guys,
I am shopping for a new engine for my new jet
Which of these 3 engines would you recomend?, I need at least 18 Lbs of thrust.
- AMT AT180
- Jetcat P80
- JetJoe JJ1-800
Thanks
Matty
Old 11-29-2008, 09:37 AM
B58
My Feedback: (43)

Default RE: Engine choice

There are only 2 real choices there. I would scratch the Jet Joe. Take a look at Jet Central too. Of the other two you have listed I would go with the Jetcat. Bob
Old 11-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Agree. You either go Jetcentral or Jetcat.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:42 AM
cjmusa
Banned

I know I am going to open up can of worms......... but to me .... I have been sitting in the so "called wings" way too long. I have flown a lot of the Jet Mfg's Turbines out there. I will tell you that any Jet MFg makes who makes a turbine .....Makes a turbine!. I will tell you that Jet Joe gives you the BEST Support for a Turbinet in the USA for the money! Period. I have been doing Jets for a Long time and have made a lot of good friends all over the Great Land of the United States. Listen UP, Jet Joe has a Field Demo Pilot for every Turbine they make. These guys are not under a contract to fly only a Jet Joe Turbine........... just fly that Jet Joe Turbine that they Rep at meets and give the Honest feedback of how that Turbine runs! PERIOD! I am a dealer and going to be a Field Rep for the East Coast for Jet Joes. On the East Coast side you guys have all known Waggie as the "Guy in the Tent". There is a new plan for 2009. I will be doing the Meets that Waggie did on the East Coast side. Look out West Coast... because, here comes Jet Joe and Waggie to the West Coast! A long with a whole new line of bigger an better Turbines. We are also hoping to do the Toledo Expo this Spring.
Back to the subject, and the question that many of you have asked.............. who makes the best Turbine?
The answer is not a blank Name of a Turbine.......... To me it is "Who gives you the support for the hard earned $ that you want?"
Now ..... Who might ask...... does one guys 18 pounder bench run better than the other guys 18 pounder? Answer: An 18 pounder from any MFG will be some what easier to start............ the Question is??? Who can you pick up the phone or E-mail and get the right answer to "How does one bench run to the other?" Give me a call........... I will not give you BS. The 18 pounder Has different charicteristics than a 12 pounder. One can not say that one is better thaqn the other............. Just that , it is better that you know the charicteristics of the one that you are going to run on your Black and Decker Workmate!

I am certainly not trying to say who is the Turbine MFG. What I am trying to say is when a guy asks " What is the best Turbine I can buy?" that they are like thier full scale representatives. Each one runs a little different than the other, especially when mounted on different model Black and Decker work benches. Jet Jog and Waggie have put together a new team to let its customer know how Jet Joe runs you B&D great. To me... That's important! It is a long and hard continuing process that will keep improving as the years go by.
With all that Said.........
Respond!
Jimmy the Graham, AKA "Crazy Cracker"
Team Jet Joe
Old 11-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cjmusa

I know I am going to open up can of worms......... but to me .... I have been sitting in the so "called wings" way too long. I have flown a lot of the Jet Mfg's Turbines out there. I will tell you that any Jet MFg makes who makes a turbine .....Makes a turbine!. I will tell you that Jet Joe gives you the BEST Support for a Turbinet in the USA for the money! Period.
ROFLMAO !!!!!

Whatever drugs you have been ingesting in order to come up with the above baloney … can you please share them with us ?

Gordon
Old 11-29-2008, 11:54 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Lets keep this one civil please.

J.Duncker Jet Mod
Old 11-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

Gordon I think you missed the jest of that post lol

It's the FeiBao post all over again
Old 11-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: Shok
Gordon I think you missed the jest of that post lol
Nah - I thought it was the funniest thing I've heard since the joke about the Englishman, Scotsman and Irishman who meet a wizard at the top of a cliff...

I just want a share of whatever it is that he's been using in order to come up with that stuff.

Gordon
Old 11-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

Jetcat, Jetcentral, PST800 and the Wren SS are all great choices. The AMT 180 is also great but is a lb heavier than the rest...
Old 11-29-2008, 01:26 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: j.duncker

Lets keep this one civil please.

J.Duncker Jet Mod

Negative.....

Go with the P-80... Awesome runner. Flew mine for 2 yrs FULL POWER the entire flight, every flight, all the time. Ran like a champ... Sold it with an old airframe and bought a Titan..
Old 11-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Stobe777
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Consider Also the G-booster g-80. Light and powerful like Wren SS but with kerostart. Very reliable and fast throttle response-the P80 is much slower spooling, bigger and heavier, so Wren SS or G-80 is my opinion.
Tuomas
Old 11-29-2008, 01:47 PM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: Stobe777

Consider Also the G-booster g-80. Light and powerful like Wren SS but with kerostart. Very reliable and vast throttle response-the P80 is much slower spooling, bigger and heavier, so Wren SS or G-80 is my opinion.
Tuomas

The P-80 is like a Toyota/ Honda.... Keeps going and going and going... Running like a champ...
Old 11-29-2008, 02:32 PM
cjmusa
Banned

Listen afterburner dude...

So, you have a few hundred flights on your Jetcat with no problem. What does that prove???

I have more than 5 hours of Bench time on my Jet Joe and it has been running almost every time. I only had to replace the starter motor, the combustion chamber and the fuel pump. Everything else has been almost flawless most of the time.

we produce the BEST, the most reliable, the most scale, the most cheap and the most best products.

You elitist JetCat pilots think that just because your turbines can run hundreds of flights, your turbines are the best. Not so. In fact, most pilots don't want to fly that much anyway. And what's the fun if it just works all the time. You are like a turbine, you suck and blow.

Call me

Jimmy the Graham AKA "Crazy Cracker"
Team Jet Joe
Old 11-29-2008, 03:07 PM
AFTERBURNER1

So, you have a few hundred flights on your Jetcat with no problem. What does that prove???

I have more than 5 hours of Bench time on my Jet Joe and it has been running almost every time. I only had to replace the starter motor, the combustion chamber and the fuel pump. Everything else has been almost flawless most of the time.

we produce the BEST, the most reliable, the most scale, the most cheap and the most best products.

You elitist JetCat pilots think that just because your turbines can run hundreds of flights, your turbines are the best. Not so. In fact, most pilots don't want to fly that much anyway. And what's the fun if it just works all the time. You are like a turbine, you suck and blow.

Call me

Team Jet Joe

?????? You Capt 3 post seem to be under JJ hypnosis......[X(]

Keep up the bench running and I'll keep flying!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 03:14 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call me

Team Jet Joe
Now that is in consideration for funniest post of the year!!!!!! (You just needed to throw in Black and Decker Workmate)
Old 11-29-2008, 03:46 PM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: GSR

Call me

Team Jet Joe
Now that is in consideration for funniest post of the year!!!!!! (You just needed to throw in Black and Decker Workmate)

I second that thought oh wise Grasshoppa!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 03:55 PM
cjmusa
Banned

SILENCE Jetcat fanboy

Or

I KIIIIILLLLLL YOU

OOOOOHHHHHhHHHHHHHHhHH

JetJoe rulez
Old 11-29-2008, 04:48 PM
AFTERBURNER1

SILENCE Jetcat fanboy

Or

I KIIIIILLLLLL YOU

OOOOOHHHHHhHHHHHHHHhHH

JetJoe rulez

[sm=cry_smile.gif] Don't hate bench run boy!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooohhhh P/F? J/S
Old 11-29-2008, 05:08 PM
cjmusa
Banned

Do you even own a Black & Decker Workmate dude????????? Huh???

If not, how can you make a fair comparison of Jet Joe and Jet Cat. Bench run is the true way to compare. None of this "I got 500 flights sheeeeet"
Old 11-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Josh_K

Call me

Thank you.
Team Jet Joe
Your post does not help your argument in any way. I have had a JC p60 and it was a great engine. I sold it with a cermark f16 decause it was under powered.

I have given it seriuse thought to purchase a JJ but after reading your post, NO WAY!

I dont care for arfs. I like to build. And after spending 6 months a over a $k in a airframe, there is know way in hell that I would install a engine that cant make it 5 hours on a bench with out have all that stuff changed out.

I asked the queston a few weeks back about your engines and your answer today is the best one I have recived yet.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:23 PM
AFTERBURNER1

Do you even own a Black & Decker Workmate dude????????? Huh???

If not, how can you make a fair comparison of Jet Joe and Jet Cat. Bench run is the true way to compare. None of this "I got 500 flights sheeeeet"

Where exactly is "BJ-T" MI???? Would that be the city of " BLOW JET JOE," MI????

Capt 5 post FNG Troll.. Crawl back under ye rock that yee emerged from.[X(]
Old 11-29-2008, 05:56 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just for your information I have a "Silver Series Workmate" with Official Diamond plate footrests and special Flameproof HIGH heat surfaces custom designed for Turbine bench run operations!!!!!!!! I thought FLAMEPROOF worktops would come in handy in case I ever had a chance to bench run a Jet Joe. I probably will hold off bench running a Joe till I am able to afford the 3/4 inch thick Plexiglass fragment containment shell ( $189.99 at Drumworks) to place over the turbine section of the engine. Scotty
Old 11-29-2008, 05:58 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys wouldnt know a joke if it hit you in the face. Unknot your panties, this Crazy crackers is funny!!
Old 11-29-2008, 05:59 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Folks.....
I've sat long enough listening to this dribble!

I have ONE question for all those Jet Joe wannabes.......

How many JetCats, Jet Central, Wrens, G Boosters, etc can come even close to the total hours Jet Joe's have been powering WorkMates??????

Put up or shut up!

Dave "No Workmate for me" Rigotti
Old 11-29-2008, 06:00 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You must have missed it.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_81...tm.htm#8187973

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.