Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Would you like to see a Turbine classified ads too?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
add turbine classified
75.64%
Do not add turbine classified
7.69%
do not care for either
1.28%
no preference at all
15.38%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Would you like to see a Turbine classified ads too?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you like to see a Turbine classified ads too?

I like the "jet classified ads" at the top of our forum, it provides a conveniant and quick jump. I also find myself almost always going to the turbine classified ads after I finish with the jet ads. Do you guys think we should also have a "quick jump" to the turbine ads? I know our jets are more than just planes and trubines (radio, servos, retracts...etc), but I think those are the most unique items in tubine jets...what ya think???
Old 12-20-2008, 02:44 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Would you like to see a Turbine classified ads too?

I don't check the classifieds too often but when I do I usually check the engine ads too. So, it would be simpler if the turbine engine ads were at the top of the page too.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:47 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Great Idea Ehab
Old 12-20-2008, 04:03 PM
flyinfool1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Just save the bookmark while on the turbine page and you will always be able to jump right there from anywhere.
I use that so that i don't have to open this forum first.

I have a small screen do not want even more stuff to scroll thru to get to where I want to be.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I use Favorites/Bookmarks for all the forums I visit. One click and you can be at the forum of your choice including the classifieds. Just make a folder for RCU and put all the links there.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:24 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: Thud_Driver

I use Favorites/Bookmarks for all the forums I visit. One click and you can be at the forum of your choice including the classifieds. Just make a folder for RCU and put all the links there.
Ditto,

I place my important bookmarks right in the tool bar so they are always there
Old 12-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

I would like to see ducted fan, EDF, turboprop and turbine powered aircraft ads seperated from the propellor driven "psuedo jets", and move them to the prop classifieds where they belong.
I fly prop airplanes and turbines, so I'm not flaming them, but I think they should be in the correct section. I don't think many of us call a Great Planes F-4 a jet, and I'm sure we don't go looking in the the prop classifieds for turbine powered airplanes.
Right now there are 8 piston powered propellor driven airplanes for sale in the jets classifieds.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:38 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: Harley Condra

I would like to see ducted fan, EDF, turboprop and turbine powered aircraft ads seperated from the propellor driven "psuedo jets", and move them to the prop classifieds where they belong.
I fly prop airplanes and turbines, so I'm not flaming them, but I think they should be in the correct section. I don't think many of us call a Great Planes F-4 a jet, and I'm sure we don't go looking in the the prop classifieds for turbine powered airplanes.
Right now there are 8 piston powered propellor driven airplanes for sale in the jets classifieds.

Everything you asked for is already there Harley except Turboprops which shouldn't be in jets period, powered by a turbine doesn't make it a Jet. They are all subforums under Jets, if you only want to look at Turbine powered, just make sure that you hit Turbine jets.
Of course, this doesn't fix stupid, it's still up to the person posting to the classifieds to put their airplane under the correct heading. Strangely though there are people who feel their prop driven Cermark F18 is a real jet instead of a prop plane...
Turbo props belong in their respective categories be it Giant, Aerobatic, Scale etc, they aren't jets and don't belong in the jets section IMO.

Sorry, just re-read your comment, I had a brain fart reading it the first time. Anyway, again, it's up to the people posting to put them in the correct category.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83152.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1093412  
Old 12-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

That's exactly what I'm talking about.....as I stated, there are 8 of them in the jets catagory. If it runs on JetA, its okay in the jets catagory as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:49 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

There is a specific Prop Jets category though in there, but like I say, it's up to the person posting to put it in the correct category, all the categories in the world can't fix stupid
Old 12-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

I tell you what I'd like to see, a classified section without all the b/s Proseller and Liquidator ads. If I wanted to see that junk I would be more than happy to visit the manufacturers or dealers website.... [&o]
Old 12-20-2008, 10:29 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Skymac

I tell you what I'd like to see, a classified section without all the b/s Proseller and Liquidator ads. If I wanted to see that junk I would be more than happy to visit the manufacturers or dealers website.... [&o]

amazingly enough, there is an option to BLOCK those as well