Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster/BVM

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster/BVM

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:14 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster/BVM

ORIGINAL: Patrick Frost

I can see my boy Dave Shulman readin this at home in front of the computer with a Twinkie in his hand sayin, "Aint dat a beeeeeeeotch!" "I should have stuck it out a little longer so I could get a SkyMaster tee shirt!" [:@] LOL!!

Just kiddin Dave Seriously though dude...............................do you really have a Twinkie in your hand right now? []

Am I allowed to laugh at this? he................he......no Muahahahahah!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:15 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why yes you can,,,, this is a famliy web page and meant to have fun
Old 02-16-2009, 09:22 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Bobman

Bob

What does RCU have to do with this? At least you have RCU where you can come to and tell your story.

FWIW, if what you stated was how it happened, then it stinks to high heavens. Again, JMOHO.

Ben, I can assure you that this is EXACTLY how it happened. I have the test messages / phone calls on my cell to verify it, not that it really matters anyways. As far as what RCU has to do with it, this forum is so saturated with shills and half-followed "codes of conduct" that you may as well forget about getting too many real answers anymore. And before anybody pipes up with the "sour grapes" theory, yes.... I *DO* have a bad opinion about this whole deal, I won't deny it.

Bob

STILL not a Skymaster Dealer/rep/supporter (but have a few planes to sell if anyone is interested)[:@]
Bob

Just thinking out loud, do you guys have agreement with SkyMaster when you became a dealer? If yes, then termination of dealership should be subjected otherwise to the term, exceptions and conditions of that agreement.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:25 PM
RC JET FLYER
My Feedback: (42)

Bob

What does RCU have to do with this? At least you have RCU where you can come to and tell your story.

FWIW, if what you stated was how it happened, then it stinks to high heavens. Again, JMOHO.

Ben, I can assure you that this is EXACTLY how it happened. I have the test messages / phone calls on my cell to verify it, not that it really matters anyways. As far as what RCU has to do with it, this forum is so saturated with shills and half-followed "codes of conduct" that you may as well forget about getting too many real answers anymore. And before anybody pipes up with the "sour grapes" theory, yes.... I *DO* have a bad opinion about this whole deal, I won't deny it.

Bob

STILL not a Skymaster Dealer/rep/supporter (but have a few planes to sell if anyone is interested)[:@]
Don't worry Bob, I'm on my way with the Joy-Jelly and some cold ones that I picked up after I got off the phone with Jeff from Skymaster, then 10 mins later magically the dealer list question was asked by a unrelated RCU member? I remember having to pay several hundred dollars a month to advertise on RCU before Skymaster USA took over and they became the middleman between the dealers and Anton.

Do you think the question asked was coincidence??[:@]

Steven

Also not a Skymaster Dealer/rep/supporter anymore….

Old 02-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Let's all just try to get along here. Just think.......................Dustin Buescher is learning Chinese so that has to account for sumthin yall. It's not every day you see a Red Headed kid walk down the street speakin the Chinese language! LOL !!! I LOVE IT!!! I LOVE IT!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Peace out Homeys! Gonna get sum sleep and think bout what SkyMaster ARF Im gonna buy next week.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:29 PM
RC JET FLYER
My Feedback: (42)

So we find this out two weeks before Florida Jets??? Does anyone want to buy our airline tickets? I think I need some more joy jelly

Old 02-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Bobman
My Feedback: (5)

Hey Steve,

I'll take the cold ones from you but "no joy" on the jelly please.

Ben, no formal dealer agreement was in place from Anton, not that it would have mattered anyways. Looks like I'll just have to get in line with all the other sheep and drink the grape kool-aid......

Bob
Old 02-16-2009, 09:41 PM
bigbaggy

Frosty soon we all fly JetBaoFeiLegendSkyFlyEagleBVMiboGlobalGateJet ARFs then the party will really begin.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

Yo Bags, I thought it was: SkyShulmanAviationBVMFeiBao-with-a-purple-cow-Philips66Gas station EasyTigerFoamyPlanesPLUS Jets? Thats gonna be one sweet Website! Well.............................back to my purple Kool Aid and then Im off to sleep in my new BVM/SkyMaster bed I just bought Saturday at "Tom Cook furniture Outlets". Its the most Comfy bed I ever had and it came with a 33 year Warranty and a bottle of purple jelly that is made in China. (the stuff works great for lubing those squeeky wheels) I think things are lookin sweet with our new African American President and many other awesome changes goin on in the World. I think I LOVE CHANGE!!!!!! Get use to it guys..................... It aint gonna kill ya. Its only a Hobby.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Bobman

I think things are lookin sweet with our new African American President and many other awesome changes goin on in the World. I think I LOVE CHANGE!!!!!! Get use to it guys..................... It aint gonna kill ya. Its only a Hobby.
I'm not against change either, and you're right, it's not gonna kill me. Take a step back and look at it from the other side of the fence for a moment though..... how about BVM suddenly saying that they're going to drop all of their dealers / reps and sign on with, say, Towers Hobbies or something? I'm thinking you might not be quite so understanding of the situation then.

Bob
Old 02-16-2009, 10:37 PM
BlackCloud
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: RC JET FLYER

Bob

Bob

Don't worry Bob, I'm on my way with the Joy-Jelly and some cold ones that I picked up after I got off the phone with Jeff from Skymaster, then 10 mins later magically the dealer list question was asked by a unrelated RCU member? I remember having to pay several hundred dollars a month to advertise on RCU before Skymaster USA took over and they became the middleman between the dealers and Anton.

Do you think the question asked was coincidence??[:@]

Steven

Bob and Steven,
Just for the record I have absolutely no ties to Skymaster or BVM in all this. I was going to look up email addresses for a quote and found yours and the others were gone. I found it very odd with all the friction in the past between BVM and the Chinese manufacturers specifically recalling the misrepresentation statement on BVs site awhile back. I was just curious as to what was going on. I think I just stumbled upon it because for the first 300 or so views of this thread, which included principals involved that were watching, nobody wanted to post anything until BV put up that notice on his site.
I am sorry you guys and the rest of the dealers got shafted. At least that is how I see it. You should have at least been given rights to sell BVM stuff instead of being dropped.
Mark
Old 02-16-2009, 10:51 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

My BUSINESS observation:

BVM's products are outdated & overpriced for current market conditions. In order to keep his doors open he needed to produce or acquire another line of products that can compete. Producing or adapting his current line to today's pricing would be too expensive with little profit potential. How to best use his reputation for quality products? Simple: Acquire, or become a dealer for, the best quality ARF mfg in the current market. SkyMaster. In order to make the $$$ work, he needed to be a sole source provider, without competition of "local" dealers.

RCI owns exclusive rights to USA market for distribution of SkyMaster products. A heavy financial commitment in a slow economy. Answer: Sell half the responsibility to BVM, end all dealership agreements and become combination distributor/dealer for greater control and higher profit margins.

Except for the previous bad blood between Anton & Bob V, it makes perfect business sense for both parties.

David S

Old 02-16-2009, 11:08 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Bob and Steven,
Sorry to hear this but I can't say that something like this was unexpected. When it comes to money loyalty takes a back seat. That's business.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

To put it in simple terms we can ALL understand, it's like this: Lets say Mr. Krabs and Plankton "unite" as ONE in harmony to create the most profitable and customer service orientated Restaurant Business in "Bikin Bottom". They would call it: "The Krusty Krab/Chum Bucket Express LLC"

Lets hear what Plankton has to say about this: "Once I get the secret Krabby Patty ingredient, I am gonna be RICH, RICH, RICH I tell ya!" "Muha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha" [&:]

Okay Mr Krabs, What do you have to say about all this: "As long as Squid Wort (Dustin Buescher) and Sponge Bob (Jason Somes) rake in me money and keep handin out those Krabby Patties I am gonna be one happy soul I tell ya!" "Excuse me while I go bathe in me Coins and dry off with me Dollar Bills!" "Argggh Argggh Arggggh Arggggh Argggh"

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH, Who lives in a Pinneapple Under the sea...........Sponge Bob Square Pants, Absorbent and yellow and porus is he, Sponge Bob Square Pants
Sponge Bob Square Pants Sponge Bob Square Pants SPONGEY BOB SQUARE PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ANTS! Arggh Argggh Argggh!

See........................now it all makes sense!

Old 02-16-2009, 11:46 PM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

wow you got to be f ing kidding

i tried to merge these two companies 1 1/2 years ago - and the great one chewed my ass

CAN YOU SAY -HIPPOCRIT !!!!!!!!!!

guess he would sell me bvm parts for a skymaster f-86 now.

there is gonna be a lot of crow eaten at the rep dinner at fla jets-huh!

sh-t crow is not vegetarian

Old 02-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Kelly Rohrbach
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To answer your question LGM
The Tam F18F has not been on the BVM site because Tam no longer has that kit in production at this time. He told me problems of quality control in China, so he plans to make it here in the states instead in the future.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:58 AM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

To put it in simple terms we can ALL understand, it's like this: Lets say Mr. Krabs and Plankton "unite" as ONE in harmony to create the most profitable and customer service orientated Restaurant Business in "Bikini Bottom". They would call it: "The Krusty Krab/Chum Bucket Express LLC"

Lets hear what Plankton has to say about this: "Once I get the secret Krabby Patty ingredient, I am gonna be RICH, RICH, RICH I tell ya!" "Muha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha" [&:]
Frosty, you always crack my ass up..... Don't change.

Time will tell!

Barry
Old 02-17-2009, 01:17 AM
Kriptonic69

Jeff, When I get some funds together I'll have to pick up a SM Mig-29, make sure to throw in some BVM stickers... Maybe I'll use a pair of Vio Fans to boot in it.... J/K,

I think i'm thru with electrics... I need to break the 200mph mark but not with electrics cus I'm not going to throw 10k at batteries,,,

I wish both SM and BVM luck in there new arrangement and look foward to purchasing something soon.

Gene
Old 02-17-2009, 02:04 AM
AMA234
My Feedback: (3)

Let's all just try to get along here. Just think.......................Dustin Buescher is learning Chinese so that has to account for sumthin yall. It's not every day you see a Red Headed kid walk down the street speakin the Chinese language! LOL !!! I LOVE IT!!! I LOVE IT!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Peace out Homeys! Gonna get sum sleep and think bout what SkyMaster ARF Im gonna buy next week.

You live in Missouri right? Isn't that kind of Mid-West? How can you be a BVM/Skymaster rep if BV is the EXCLUSIVE EAST COAST distributor for Skymaster?? You can't sell Skymaster kits if you live in Missouri. Only peeps on the EAST COAST.
Please tell me I am missing something here.

Red-headed American guy speaking Chinese...that's funny! What's even funnier is a brown-haired Chinese guy speaking English!

On the "Joy-Jelly", there is another lube type stuff you can buy; it's called Kentucky lubricant. I'm not sure why they don't spell it out on the bottle but they just have KY on the label.

Les
Old 02-17-2009, 02:12 AM
AMA234
My Feedback: (3)

Yo Bags, I thought it was: SkyShulmanAviationBVMFeiBao-with-a-purple-cow-Philips66Gas station EasyTigerFoamyPlanesPLUS Jets? Thats gonna be one sweet Website! Well.............................back to my purple Kool Aid and then Im off to sleep in my new BVM/SkyMaster bed I just bought Saturday at "Tom Cook furniture Outlets". Its the most Comfy bed I ever had and it came with a 33 year Warranty and a bottle of purple jelly that is made in China. (the stuff works great for lubing those squeeky wheels) I think things are lookin sweet with our new African American President and many other awesome changes goin on in the World. I think I LOVE CHANGE!!!!!! Get use to it guys..................... It aint gonna kill ya. Its only a Hobby.

What about Pat McCurry?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:03 AM
funflyerf4
My Feedback: (6)

Whats next Fly Eagle and Cox?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:59 AM
BlackCloud
My Feedback: (12)

The way things are going the next time you want to buy a Chevy you will order it Ford, pay for it at Chrysler and pick it up at Nissan.

But in this case I guess it is more like you can buy a Toyota at Cadillac.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:41 AM
E.N.T.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Excuse me, am I in another planet or what???? Business is business.
If you got a comp. going down and a comp. going up,, then someone
will try to make a deal someplace. As David Searles said, this is money stuff.
What I can't assimilate is to leave all the dealers out. Something will be pricing up,
and the other will not go down, that's for sure.
Time will tell................................

Hector
Old 02-17-2009, 09:09 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: Bobman

how about BVM suddenly saying that they're going to drop all of their dealers / reps and sign on with, say, Towers Hobbies or something? I'm thinking you might not be quite so understanding of the situation then.

If that happens all of their products will all be made in China and the USA factory will close.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Bobman

Bob and Steven,
Just for the record I have absolutely no ties to Skymaster or BVM in all this. I was going to look up email addresses for a quote and found yours and the others were gone. I found it very odd with all the friction in the past between BVM and the Chinese manufacturers specifically recalling the misrepresentation statement on BVs site awhile back. I was just curious as to what was going on. I think I just stumbled upon it because for the first 300 or so views of this thread, which included principals involved that were watching, nobody wanted to post anything until BV put up that notice on his site.
I am sorry you guys and the rest of the dealers got shafted. At least that is how I see it. You should have at least been given rights to sell BVM stuff instead of being dropped.
Mark
Mark,

Thank you for being candid about this. Given the timing of how everything happened you can see how suspicious it looks. I've slept on it and am in a much better frame of mind right now. That, along with some of the PM's / email I've gotten confirms that there are still *some* people with integrity left in this hobby. Best of luck to SM and BVM in this "bold new venture" , and I'll be sitting here waiting for the fallout when one of them gets screwed in the next saga of the SM "legacy".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.