Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM has done it again.....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM has done it again.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 06:09 PM
SinCityJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BVM has done it again.....

Here's what's coming down the pipe now. Ultra Bandit in their newest Red / Black / Aluminum sparkle paint. It looks white on their website, but looks like screaming fury in real life!

I can't wait!

Chad
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35848.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1224036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14153.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1224037   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48457.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1224038  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Kelly Rohrbach
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BVM has done it again.....

SOMEONE GOT BIT BY THE BANDIT BUG !!!!!
VERY NICE CHAD, I'M FILLED WITH ENVY. THOSE COLORS LOOK AWESOME
SEE YA IN A FEW WEEKS
Old 06-24-2009, 06:28 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

I she going to Montana?
Old 06-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Ad Clark
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations Chad! You are fortunate indeed to have one of these special jewels. Wow!! A brace of Bandits. But some one once said "you can't have too many Bandits". Later,
Ad Clark
BVM rep
Old 06-24-2009, 06:48 PM
SinCityJets

ORIGINAL: F-18DiamondBack102

I she going to Montana?
Don't I wish!

No, she is currently at her builder's residence/shop. She's a couple of months out at this point.

Chad
Old 06-24-2009, 06:49 PM
SinCityJets

ORIGINAL: Kelly Rohrbach

SOMEONE GOT BIT BY THE BANDIT BUG !!!!!
VERY NICE CHAD, I'M FILLED WITH ENVY. THOSE COLORS LOOK AWESOME
SEE YA IN A FEW WEEKS

Can't wait, Kelly! Can't wait!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great Chad, I am waiting for mine to be finished. Joe C!!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:26 PM
SinCityJets

Hey Joe! What color scheme did you get?

Chad
Old 06-24-2009, 07:33 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Jeez Chad,

Not only did you "Drink the Kool Aid", now you're taking baths in it!

David S
Old 06-24-2009, 07:53 PM
SinCityJets

Hahaha. I have to tell you Dave, I learned the hard way with these jets. I kept buying the less expensive, but "same quality" other brands, only to be disappointed will performance, flying characteristics, approach speeds, build quality, durability, etc. As much as I've spent in crap planes, I could have bought 4 Ultra Bandits by now.

I go to these jet rallies and see all these 3,5, 10+ year old BVM jets, but the other brands only seem to last a couple years, if that long. I don't want to have to keep replacing planes that blow up, or suffer through flights with TERRIBLE flying traits (Velox). I want a plane that's flies true and will last more than a season or two.....and I want it in 2 different sizes

I too used to be a BVM nay sayer. What can I say? I was wrong.

I also have to say that Mark Taylor, Kent Nogy, Matt West and Paul Bageman played a big part in getting me familiar with the products. The planes did the rest.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Joe C

ORIGINAL: SinCityJets

Chad
Chad, its an all white, have not choose a color scheme yet.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:32 PM
SinCityJets

ORIGINAL: f16jc

ORIGINAL: SinCityJets

Chad
Chad, its an all white, have not choose a color scheme yet.
Can't wait to see what you choose Joe. Do something unique. I got the first UB with this scheme, but there's about 4 more right behind it.

Sounds like there's going to be a whole slew of these in the air here pretty soon!

What happened to the recession?? I guess my two Bandit purchases have pulled us out!

Chad
Old 06-25-2009, 12:54 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

ok...What I got was some bad wood, smooth stop didn't work, Talked to bvm and they said there was nothing they could do. It was just a question!!! GEEZZZ!!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:21 AM
Joe C

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

OK.....Question? I have heard that yes BVM are good planes considered to the others. OK...Saying that, I have also heard that they are made in Mexico too. And Bobby just triples the price on them, Is this true? Now some of the stuff is good, BUT like other companys there is some JUNK too. Correct??? I have had several jet stuff from BV and it was total crap!! Some was good , but the price!!! WOW. Anyway was just wondering......Gerry
I like to know what was crap that you have from BVM. BVM jets are nothing but quality, maybe priced higher than others, but the old saying is. "you get what you pay for".
Joe C!!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:16 AM
ckeene9
My Feedback: (-1)

OK.....Question? I have heard that yes BVM are good planes considered to the others. OK...Saying that, I have also heard that they are made in Mexico too. And Bobby just triples the price on them, Is this true? Now some of the stuff is good, BUT like other companys there is some JUNK too. Correct??? I have had several jet stuff from BV and it was total crap!! Some was good , but the price!!! WOW. Anyway was just wondering......Gerry
What???

I'm the closest thing to a Mexican that works on them . . .

and I ain't even Mexican

Old 06-25-2009, 07:35 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

WOW!!

Surprise that it took so long (post 13) for the BVM haters to show their butts. No surprise that it comes from someone affiliated with another manufacturer.

Chad, enjoy your Ultra Bandit
Old 06-25-2009, 07:42 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: f16jc

I like to know what was crap that you have from BVM. BVM jets are nothing but quality, maybe priced higher than others, but the old saying is.
Are you serious? Sure, you may get a bum part once in awhile, but "I have had several jet stuff from BV and it was total crap!!" - C'mon!!

Joe,

Just a cheap shot from TBM, typical! They have some history of questionable character and tactics. When I say them, I mean the owner. Not real sure about Gerry, but from the post...

George

P.S. Nice UB Chad.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

So sad when a rep for one manufacturer can't promote his products based on their merits, and must instead resort to trying ridiculous smear tactics against other companies. Makes me wonder whether that's because his own products have no merits... ?

BVM certainly aint perfect. I've had faulty parts from them, and I've had screwed up service from them on at least 3 occasions in the roughly 200 or so times I've dealt with them in the last 9 years in building many jets for myself or for others. So although imperfect, those are pretty good odds.

Note for the BVM haters ... if you really want to get people to believe any anti-BVM stories, you need to at least make them SEMI-believable.

Gordon
Old 06-25-2009, 09:27 AM
SinCityJets

Hey Gerry,

I don't blame you for your question, and as I have said before, I was a lot like you before owning a BVM product. Gerry, I have had the Velox's, Boomerang's, Shock Jet's, Fei Bao's, Fly Eagle's. And I can honestly say, from experience, that nothing I have owned to date even comes close to a BVM product. Whether it's glue joints, fit, finish, completeness, balance, manuals (take your pick), nothing compares.

Gerry, I encourage you to spend some time with someone that owns a BVM product and actually take a close look inside. And if you're close enough with someone, see if they'll let you fly it. I know they're expensive, but you really do get what you paid for. I had a fun time with my Shock Jet, right up until the elevator separated from the stab in flight....reason....no glue on the hinges. I loved my Boomerang, right up until the wing exploded in flight......reason....flying it too hard or wing not strong enough. The Velox was fast, but you had to keep it fast otherwise it would cobra up on you and smash into pieces.

I don't care if these planes are being built in Mexico, Thailand, Singapore, China, Taiwan, or even by slave laborers chained up in Bob's basement. The quality of the product speaks for itself.

As an aside, the Ultra Bandit is made by hand, one at a time, right here in the USA. Oh, that engine you have pushing your Shock Jet and DV8R is also made in Mexico, and I've never had a single complaint about them.

If we meet up at a jet rally Gerry, you're welcome to try one of my planes out.

Chad
Old 06-25-2009, 09:42 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Chad,

Thanks! I have had several jets too. I guess I got a bad one, which we ALL get sometimes! I got a Bandit and the wood was bad...Seperating and I also bought some hardware, gauages, smooth stop, etc.... The smooth stop wouldn't work. I called them about the wood and smooth stop, They said there was nothing they could do, Granted I bought all off the net. But all was new in box. It was just a Question...... I deleated my post, due to respones.. Didn't want that. Gerry
Old 06-25-2009, 01:25 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

Chad, I just have to say this....you are an EVIL man...( I am writing a blues song E-V-I-L-M-A-N...)

Why do I say this? Because NOW I have to have one! SO, there goes the CFR450R....and several other big ticket items to pay for it.... and the Misses is going to kill me (or try too) but I must have one....

So, anyone want to buy a gently used dirt bike ?

Cant wait to see her!
Old 06-25-2009, 04:23 PM
acw

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Joe you got an UB? Congrats. I just ordered mine. With Raf's we'll have 3 next year.

Arnaud
Old 06-25-2009, 07:33 PM
SinCityJets

ORIGINAL: F-18DiamondBack102

Chad, I just have to say this....you are an EVIL man...( I am writing a blues song E-V-I-L-M-A-N...)

Why do I say this? Because NOW I have to have one! SO, there goes the CFR450R....and several other big ticket items to pay for it.... and the Misses is going to kill me (or try too) but I must have one....

So, anyone want to buy a gently used dirt bike ?

Cant wait to see her!
Dave,

You absolutely should get one. Just tell your wife you had to get it because your eyes are getting worse and you needed a bigger plane.

chad
Old 06-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Kelly Rohrbach

No Dave
You tell her that in order to bond with your son Jake like a good father should, you are giving up so much other personal items to make this happen for your son. Its a win win for Jake!! Well that's if you let him fly it?
Then Jake, don't rat out your father or you will only be flying rubber dog $H1T out of Hong Kong. Father & son's have to stick together in these tough times!!

Old 06-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Joe C

ORIGINAL: acw

Joe you got an UB? Congrats. I just ordered mine. With Raf's we'll have 3 next year.

Arnaud
Yes, I had it for a while, I hope to have it soon from my buider. Great to hear you have one. Joe C!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.