Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

9303 2.4 binding problem.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

9303 2.4 binding problem.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 10:00 PM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 9303 2.4 binding problem.

In my Elan I am using all digital servos except for the Brake and gear valves. I have binded the receiver(9100)to the sevos in the position I want the servos to come on during power up.

Every servo except for those two stays in the position which I binded them. The Gear valve servo makes a quick movement one way then back to the position I have the gear switch in during turn on. Because of this movement my gear will cycle.
These servos are Hitec 635's I dont believe they have their own failsafe.

I can't figure out why these two servos are acting the way they do. Shouldn't the binding take care of there movement?

Any Ideas out there?

Thanks,
Stan
Old 07-06-2009, 01:28 AM
A MAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 9303 2.4 binding problem.

bind w/ gear down also use digital and it will go away mine did

Arden
Old 07-06-2009, 02:31 AM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stan,

As A May said, the problem is with the analog servos you are using on those channels that you are having problems with. You can switch to digital servos and the problem will go away. You could leave the brake valve servo as is, because the initial movement of the servo is IMO not really a problem. If you want to maintain the analog servo on the retract valve, you can make a simple fix by duplicating what I have done or otherwise you will need a digital servo. See my fix at this link.... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_78...tm.htm#7878550

Old 07-06-2009, 02:36 AM
tucson

Hi Arden

I did bind with the gear down. It did not make any difference. The only thing I did not do is go to a digital.
I wonder why going to a digital would make a difference?

Thanks,

Stan
Old 07-06-2009, 03:13 AM
tucson

Hi CountryBoy,

Thanks for your Thread. Many interesting remarks. Your fix is well thought out.

I have to believe it is not a noise problem because of how many people are affected, but the analog interaction.
I have a digital on the steerable nose gear. I will switch it with the 645 on the gear . I don't mind the gear twitching a bit on power up but like you said hard to take the nose gear retracting.

This will be a lot chaper then going out and buying another digital at this point.

I was beginning to think I had a receiver problem and was going to delay my Maiden this week.

Again thanks for the information.

Stan