Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:03 AM
oistein
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

You are so right David, i wonder why they dont listen. How on earth can it be that hard to communicate. If they're system wasn't as good as it is they would be out of business long time ago. I just dont get it. There is so many customers that has stopped buying weatronic now cause the do not want to invest in equipement of an uknown future and they can't buy even if they want to buy it. If you have a new airplane with no receiver then you WILL go for something else. There will be two pretty good competitors out there very soon they better hurri up. If this is not solved when FASSTest is available weatronic is even more serious danger of failing.

Weatronic has to:

1) Make their product available
2) Communicate
3) Fix the wire problem from TX module to TX interface, this is VERY URGENT
4) Translate to english all of their stuff
5) Get a better firmware update scheme for backwards compabillity and upgrade without loosing stored data/cfg
6) Solve the new transmitter problem where there is no modules

Weatronics largest marked has been and still is europe. In europe the futaba 14mz or fx40 is super popular by weatronic users in addition to the graupner. In 2-3 months FASSTest is here with 18mz, and you they treat customers like that. I can't really see how they can survive.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:26 AM
HarryC

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I do get the feeling that Wea's problems are due to the attitude of just one person in the company, who is a regular on the Weatronic thread in the main German r/c forum so he finds time for that, and seems to have no interest in selling to anyone but his fellow countrymen.
H
Old 11-10-2011, 12:57 AM
fireblade5437

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He might change his mind when the euro crashes..... but then again no one in europe will have the dosh to spend on Wea then! Lets hope JR's new Tx will have same kinda stuff like Wea, the new mz18 looks good but does not go as far as Wea..

What we want is a far east country to manufacture to the same spec and start selling ... service could'nt be as bad even if they tried!

Alan
Old 11-10-2011, 01:08 AM
HarryC

Wea's having a sale, many Rx prices lowered by €10 to €20, though judging by David's description you will not be able to actually buy anything!
Also the rx patch antenna is finally in the shop, though with no piccy or description yet.

Having a sale is just bonkers. The reason to have a sale is because your goods are not being bought in enough quantity. And the reason that Wea is not being bought in enough quantity is because as David G describes, either the service is so bad you won't touch them, or you do try to buy and the web shop won't let you! They could drop the price to zero but if the webshop won't let you buy stuff, it still won't sell!!!!!

Just 3 months until the anticipated unveiling of Multiplex's replacement for its still awesome Profi 4000 tx, big chance therefore that I will go down that route in future models rather than Wea unless the new owners deal with the blockage in Wea.

H
Old 11-10-2011, 06:55 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Does any one know the name of the new owner and have any contact information (e-mail) I would think they would like to know how their customers feel about service.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:04 AM
asimace

After placing an order in JetPower and having a very hard time trying to contact Weatronic since (and I admit I contributed in consuming David's patience too!), I had almost lost hope in ever receiving my equipment.
Instead to my surprise I have been repeatedly contacted by Weatronic during the last two weeks and this morning I finally received an email saying that my order has been shipped! Things are getting moving, at least in my case!

I agree on all the comments about the nearly inexistant customer service but I still hope the new management will fix these issues as I'm looking forward to become an active user!
Now It's all up to that yellow and red truck!

Ciao!
Mauri
(spending his last euros!)

P.S. I'll go through this whole thread again but be prepared to give assistance in my start-up!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:17 AM
HarryC

Well done Mauri, the service may be poor but the equipment is stunningly good, you will love it. (Except for the adapter cable issues, the german forum is complaining about that too at the moment!)
Harry
Old 11-10-2011, 07:27 AM
oistein

Which german forum is it? Do you have a link? Thanks a bunch
Old 11-10-2011, 07:44 AM
HarryC

ORIGINAL: oistein

Which german forum is it? Do you have a link? Thanks a bunch
This one, I run it through google translate. Look for the "Wer fliegt Weatronic?" or "Who flies Weatronic?" thread.
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/forum...uerungstechnik
Old 11-10-2011, 09:34 AM
fireblade5437

Harry

Just had a look at the German site, Wea has been busy answering questions they might as well market the system for 'German use only'

Thanks for the link some interesting items but you do get the feeling that some of our German colleagues are also running short of patience!

Alan
Old 11-10-2011, 10:58 AM
zl1wn

BLUE TOOTH Sendemodule.

Has anyone else purchased this TX module and made it work.???

I have had a few emails from Alwin over the past few days, I am trying to make it
work with a GPS program for RC sailplanes (Sky Navigator).

Weatronics (Alwin) said the BT module was designed for Sky navigator, but it certainly doesn't
work for me. Sky navigator was designed to work with a PDA an Ipaq.
The BT module connects to the Ipaq, but doesn't download any data.

Alwin certainly confirms the BT module does not work with Gigacontrol.

Regards
Ross
Old 11-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Teus

I can't help it but never had a problem with an order and delivery,

In the last 3 years placed 3 orders on the web and they where all three delivered within 2 weeks after payment was done! Last order I placed was in April this year and was delivered in 5 days!

A happy user

Teus
Old 11-10-2011, 11:30 AM
zl1wn

Actually I have to agree with Teus, my last orders over the past 6 weeks have been delivered promptly,
the only delays have been due to nil stock problems, and only on the cables for the GPS to link vario unit.

My gripe is with the lack of information, lack of English support, voice etc and trying to get someone to help.

Regards
Ross
Old 11-10-2011, 11:50 AM
roger.alli

ORIGINAL: Teus

I can't help it but never had a problem with an order and delivery,

In the last 3 years placed 3 orders on the web and they where all three delivered within 2 weeks after payment was done! Last order I placed was in April this year and was delivered in 5 days!

A happy user

Teus
I have to say, this has been my experiance also. I've ordered 3 times, and all 3 orders have been delivered to me (in Australia) promptly.

And the equipment works as advertised. It is still far ahead of the competition technically.
Yes the weatronics direct technical support is near non existent , but the web site has manuals for cover all the equipment. ( Ross I think you might be on your own with the Bluetooth). And this forum assists any users that can't figure things out.

I think that those users who have given up on wea are being a bit short sighted. The equipment is that good.

Roger, (another very happy user)
Old 11-10-2011, 03:52 PM
fireblade5437

"I think that those users who have given up on wea are being a bit short sighted. The equipment is that good"

Roger, (another very happy user)

Roger

I hear what you say and most of it I totally agree BUT I nearly lost my plane due to the Tx weak cable problem thats why I soldered it

I went through the XPS saga, that time I did write a plane off, full uncommanded aileron input drove the servo way past it's limit... impossible all the XPS supporters cried... I was right!

My point: Hardly being short sighted when I know if I had taken off I WOULD have lost it and I am not the only one, no point in having all the tech when the link between the Tx and module is going to fail..you might as well switch off the Tx at that point!

Alan
Old 11-10-2011, 05:23 PM
zl1wn

Blue Tooth module.
Roger unfortunately you are probably correct, I am on my own, I have been swapping emails with Alwin, but I have the impression
that he is sure the BT module works, trying to get him to tell me what to do to make it work is proving difficult.

However, at least I am getting prompt replies from him.

And this is a huge step in the right direction, to improve customer service.

Lets all hang in there, we know the system is good.

Regards
Ross
Old 11-10-2011, 09:37 PM
zl1wn

Off weatronic subject.
Harry where did you see info about the replacement for the Multiplex Profi 4000.
Yes I still have mine and use it all the time, but I would certainly look at replacing it.

Regards
Ross
Old 11-10-2011, 11:54 PM
peter.stegemann

ORIGINAL: roger.alli

I think that those users who have given up on wea are being a bit short sighted. The equipment is that good.
I think that those users who stick with wea are being a bit short sighted. The company is that awful.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:53 AM
HarryC

ORIGINAL: zl1wn
Harry where did you see info about the replacement for the Multiplex Profi 4000.
Anyone who asked Multiplex staff at shows in Europe this year was openly and publicly told they are working on it and hope to have it ready to unveil at the Nuremberg Show February 2012. In addition, Multiplex asked a few select users to gather suggestions for features etc from other users, so there have been a small number of forum threads from them asking for suggestions/wish lists for them to feed back to Multiplex. The only doubt remaining is will it be ready to unveil in 2012, or not until 2013? Even if unveiled in Feb 2012, I don't think we will see it on sale until the very end of 2012 or even into 2013, some things they showed at Feb 2011 are scheduled to go on sale by or even after the 2012 show! The first rumour from an "informed" source is that like the Jeti tx it will come in 2 formats for you to choose the one you prefer, wide case like the Profis or small case like the Royal/Japanese tx. But it will be hard wired with M-Link, so no chance of using the Wea module with it.
H
Old 11-11-2011, 01:05 AM
Teus

ORIGINAL: roger.alli

ORIGINAL: peter.stegemann

I think that those users who stick with wea are being a bit short sighted. The company is that awful.

Glad that we live in a free world and can make our own choices, but we also have to respect that some others have a different vieuw and/or opinion
Old 11-11-2011, 07:46 AM
speed is life

As one of only 3 or 4 known users of Weatronics here in Colorado I have to say that I love the system (Wea on MPX Royal Evo) but have constant heartburn with manufacturer and dealer level support. Gerhard Pasche here in the USA has often been as difficult to contact as Wea themselves.

The bright side to this support problem is that Henry at Modellbau has done his best to provide equipment and support. His operation is how it should be. I'm sure even he is hobbled by having to deal with Wea for support/tech issues.

As I read comment about a new Multiplex box to replace the 4000 I can't help but grit my teeth...........Hitec/MultiplexUSA have completely written off the Multiplex market here. They have no intention of importing the 2.4ghz M-Link in any form; more's the pity.
-Mike
Old 11-11-2011, 11:13 AM
zl1wn

Blue tooth module works.

Alwin, has sent me an email with the data I needed and its obvious when you think about it.

Connect the TX to gigacontrol, with the cable, then go to TX configuration, on the right side is a panel
for Bluetooth, click initialization, after a few seconds it will initialise and 4.3.6 shows (presumably the software version)
After that it will pair to an Ipaq perfectly.

Although it has taken a few days for Alwin to realise what I was trying to do, we had a confusion over Ipaq and Ipad,
once we got through that, he has been a great help.

Regards to all
Ross
Old 11-15-2011, 03:57 AM
STAN-CAUSSEL

ORIGINAL: eraysa

-Can someone confirm that they have been flying firmware 2.56 with no problem,

Regards

Eray Savci
Hi
I made 6 flights with Firm 2.56 on a 12/22R II gyros into my A10.
No problem at all.
Regards
Stan
Old 11-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Likai

ORIGINAL: STAN-CAUSSEL

Regards

Eray Savci
Hi
No problem at all.
Regards
Stan
Hi Stan:

How are you? We met in JetPower two monthes ago.

I install a DR-12-22 in my A-10. All servos used on the control surfaces are JR 8911 and my transmitter is Futaba 14MZ. When I apply a stick input, I can find the servo moves not so smoothly but a little step by step. When I connect the servo to a Futaba receiver, it moves smoothly. So I can confirm the servo is no problem. I wonder the problem is from my GIGA-Control setting but not sure. Anybody has same problem?

Best regards

Old 11-21-2011, 06:13 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Likai

ORIGINAL: STAN-CAUSSEL

Regards

Eray Savci
Hi
No problem at all.
Regards
Stan
Hi Stan:

How are you? We met in JetPower two monthes ago.

I install a DR-12-22 in my A-10. All servos used on the control surfaces are JR 8911 and my transmitter is Futaba 14MZ. When I apply a stick input, I can find the servo moves not so smoothly but a little step by step. When I connect the servo to a Futaba receiver, it moves smoothly. So I can confirm the servo is no problem. I wonder the problem is from my GIGA-Control setting but not sure. Anybody has same problem?

Best regards

Li, I have noticed this as well with my JR 12x and using JR 8411's and JR 8711's with my Wea 12-22R Gyro 3. When using a JR receiver the servo movement is smooth and crisp, when using the Wea they are "notchy" ie. you can see the small steps as they move and the control surface has a "softer" feel ( for lack of a better description).

I tried different servo pulses in Giga control but, was never able to resolve the issue.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.