Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FlyEagleJet F-15 disintegrated in the air - WARNING

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FlyEagleJet F-15 disintegrated in the air - WARNING

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Kmarks
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FlyEagleJet F-15 disintegrated in the air - WARNING

I am always sorry for anyone who losses a jet and I am sorry to you Uwe. It stinks even more when it is caused by NON -Dumb Thumb error. In this case when I read the beginning thread I was to believe this was the maiden, I filled in the blanks that this was a new kit, newly built and built by the owner who was flying it.

It has come to light that this kit has some history and is over 2 years old. It has been owned by 3 people and has flown many times. Does this matter NOT really, but what matters is how this jet was taken care of and the possibility of transportation or other damage occuring with out notice.

The fact that this jet is over 2 years old and was bought for under $1000 USD as one of the first ten during its introduction, my not have been told to the current owner. WE all know now that FEJ does offer a special price for the first 10 out the door for each model. It is a fact that FEJ has improved its building techniques and since FEJ's management's visit to Germany for the recent Jet Power 2009, they have again made commitments to improve techniques and materials used in its construction of jets.

If Uwe has threatened FEJ to supply a new Jet and A new Turbine or else, well that is none of our business and should not be brought to this forum. Personally by playing this hand leaves Manufacturers with little choice. There would be little if no goodwill gained from this pissed off customer, his thread has opened a can of worms with out presenting ALL the facts, and a 2+ year old jet that has changed hands and has many flights on it. Sorry BUT this is to fishy!!!!!!!

Uwe, if you wanted a FREE jet, then that means you are willing to try FEJ again. As their products are evolving I am sure the current F15 are built better then what you had, experiance leads to improvements. Make the best deal you can, James I am sure would want to resolve this with you, and you can enjoy this hobby once agian.

Uwe, as I stated I am sorry for your loss, but you did not state the facts that are important in this case. I hope you can resolve your issue with James.

Best of luck

Kevin Marks

Old 11-08-2009, 07:19 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

I can see another "notice to the customer" coming up on FEJ's homepage "warning, we will not be held responsible for anything that can and will happen with our models, But please look at the new (insert model here) at its reduced price! (read, no R&D)"

Old 11-08-2009, 07:30 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

LGM,

If you purchase a Composite-ARF plane and the wing blows off...Andreas will have a replacement heading your way before all of the pieces have hit the ground (I've seen him do it on more than one occasion). I know first hand that if you buy a Skymaster jet and something like what is being shown here happened...Anton would step up to the plate and make it good. I know this for a fact.

Notice anything about these two manufacturers? Their products ain't the cheapest stuff on the market. Why is that? It's because they spend more money making sure the model is properly designed and constructed. That's why a Skybanger F-15 will cost twice the price of a FEJ F-15...it's because it's built better. The gear works...the cylinders don't leak ETC. Slapping a fancy paint job on a substandard airframe only gets you a good looking jet than loves to take dirt naps.

Like I said before...you get what you pay for.

Beave

Old 11-08-2009, 07:35 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Beave,
If a wing fails on a comp arf plane they'll really replace the airplane? I'm not talking about one single piece, if you're lucky enough to save an airframe and can send the failed part back maybe, but will they replace a total loss airplane? I don't know what Skymaster will do today, in the beginning there were threads on Skymaster failures and people didn't get free airplanes out of it. I'm not arguing with you, I've just never heard of a manufacture replacing an entire airplane when there was a structural failure that cost the aircraft.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:36 PM
invertmast

ORIGINAL: bevar

LGM,

If you purchase a Composite-ARF plane and the wing blows off...Andreas will have a replacement heading your way before all of the pieces have hit the ground (I've seen him do it on more than one occasion). I know first hand that if you buy a Skymaster jet and something like what is being shown here happened...Anton would step up to the plate and make it good. I know this for a fact.

Notice anything about these two manufacturers? Their products ain't the cheapest stuff on the market. Why is that? It's because they spend more money making sure the model is properly designed and constructed. That's why a Skybanger F-15 will cost twice the price of a FEJ F-15...it's because it's built better. The gear works...the cylinders don't leak ETC. Slapping a fancy paint job on a substandard airframe only gets you a good looking jet than loves to take dirt naps.

Like I said before...you get what you pay for.

Beave

So your saying, that the Eurosport i lost at the beginning of the year should of been replaced for free b/c the wing dis-integrated in flight?? Wish i would of known that before forking out the $$$ for a new one...
Old 11-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Mr DJ

LGM
Point (again): The Head of the company spoke to this issue – I will not go behind him and say further. This man lost his plane on the other side of the world, the company Head spoke to the issue, and you guys want to drag me into this because I love the hobby and blame me – ya’ll need to get a life real quick. It ain’t happening here, Baby. If you worked for Microsoft and Bill Gates addressed an issue with a billion dollar company, would you go behind him and readdress it – not no but hell no. Neither will I. End of Story!
“My plane arrived in France and it had tape stuck to the pipe, now I have to clean it,” blame Mr DJ. “I bought my plane at an auction, came with servos and everything, flew it and the flaps didn’t work, it crashed,” blame Mr DJ. It ain’t happening, folks. No matter what you think of me: bad or even worse, this mishap and this thread is not about Mr DJ no matter how much you obviously want it to be. I am fine and I feel great and I will not respond further. Thanks.

BTW, I am not the only rep, but man, you guys sure like to pick on me: I Love It

Old 11-08-2009, 08:36 PM
SAP_2000

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix
I have been reading thread after thread of yours promoting these airplanes, and talking about how wonderful they are, and as far as I am aware, you still have not flown one. You are a REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COMPANY, not simply a modeler who enjoys collecting trailer queens. As a representative, I would EXPECT you to voice something in a thread such as this and try to work with the owner of a model and the company in coming to some sort of resolution. This thread is NOT about Mr DJ, but being a representative of FEJ's, if a thread is about FEJ's then you are involved.
[sm=what_smile.gif] Is this true?? A rep that has never flown a jet?? I really hope it's a joke...
From what I've read in his post, I have gotten the impression that he's a pro...

Uwe. I am really sorry for your loss.
Don't bother with those that says the field was to rough, that you flew mach3 and yanked the elevator etc... The picture you posted of the wing says it all!
Ufortunatly this is nothing new. Do they even test their planes more than the one flight we see in the release videos?? It seems that the pilot they use barely can keep the plane in the air.
What about the FEJ gear. From what I've seen they are porely designed and machined and leaks and fails. Have they even delivered one gear that actually works and does not leak??

As others have said. You get what you pay for. I will not spend my money on (IMO) JUNK like this. Saving a few $$on an airframe can (and probably will) cost you a lot more than you saved. you know that now. Both in terms on money and headache.
Maybe in a few years time, FEJ have learned their lessons (on customers expenses) and put out decent products. But then there will probably be a new "FEI-company" that spits out jets even cheaper and history will repeat it self again.
Use your vote and don't buy a FEJ product as long as they sell non tested JUNK like we read about so often. (all in my humble opinion off course)
Old 11-08-2009, 08:44 PM
bevar

LGM (For God's sake...please sign your name so I know who I am talking to ),

Yes, I know first hand of people who Comp-ARF completely replaced airplanes when wings or stabs failed. They also replaced complete airframes when the new servo arms caused servo failures leading to crashes.

Anton completely replaced a jet for me a couple of years ago when a wing failed. Anton did the same thing for another modeler I know when his wing failed the exact same way too.

So...what is your name?

Boli

Beave,
If a wing fails on a comp arf plane they'll really replace the airplane? I'm not talking about one single piece, if you're lucky enough to save an airframe and can send the failed part back maybe, but will they replace a total loss airplane? I don't know what Skymaster will do today, in the beginning there were threads on Skymaster failures and people didn't get free airplanes out of it. I'm not arguing with you, I've just never heard of a manufacture replacing an entire airplane when there was a structural failure that cost the aircraft.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Mr DJ

SAP

Only for you - yes, I fly jets. Go to AMA web and look up my name, there you will see my waiver along side all the rest. I'm done!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:47 PM
SAP_2000

ORIGINAL: Mr DJ
SAP

Only for you - yes, I fly jets. Go to AMA web and look up my name, there you will see my waiver along side all the rest. I'm done!
Thanks for straightening that up!
PS: electric foamies doesn't count[8D]
Old 11-08-2009, 08:50 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SAP_2000

[sm=what_smile.gif] Is this true?? A rep that has never flown a jet?? I really hope it's a joke...
From what I've read in his post, I have gotten the impression that he's a pro...

not completely true, there was a video with him behind the sticks of a Shock Jet on youtube..............
Old 11-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Mr DJ

SAP

Thanks for straightening that up!
PS: electric foamies doesn't count[8D]
Old 11-08-2009, 08:55 PM
bevar

Mr DJ,

My curiosity has been spiked. I remember this topic being raised before, because indeed I believe at one point you really were repping FEJ and did not hold a waiver.

So, currently...what FEJ jets are you flying (solo...taking off and landing by yourself). I believe answering this will put to bed any questions brought up by anyone.

Thanks,

Beave

Old 11-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: KC36330

not completely true, there was a video with him behind the sticks of a Shock Jet on youtube..............
You guys are 2 much, that video is still out there - what is your point. Is that not a jet?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:59 PM
invertmast

LGM (For God's sake...please sign your name so I know who I am talking to ),

Yes, I know first hand of people who Comp-ARF completely replaced airplanes when wings or stabs failed. They also replaced complete airframes when the new servo arms caused servo failures leading to crashes.

Anton completely replaced a jet for me a couple of years ago when a wing failed. Anton did the same thing for another modeler I know when his wing failed the exact same way too.

So...what is your name?

Boli

Beave,

damn.. guess i need to go ask for my money back from Comp-arf since the poor hatch design caused the wing to fail on my euro **** happens, stuff breaks. its part of the hobby, ya either accept it, or go home whining.. thats my opinion. [8D]
Old 11-08-2009, 09:01 PM
KC36330

You guys are 2 much, that video is still out there - what is your point. Is that not a jet?

there you go on the defensive.........i was merely explaining that you have flown a jet so don't be so apt to think everyone is out to get you
Old 11-08-2009, 09:02 PM
bevar

What ever works for you I guess.

Beave

ORIGINAL: invertmast

damn.. guess i need to go ask for my money back from Comp-arf since the poor hatch design caused the wing to fail on my euro **** happens, stuff breaks. its part of the hobby, ya either accept it, or go home whining.. thats my opinion. [8D]
Old 11-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Mr DJ

there you go on the defensive.........i was merely explaining that you have flown a jet so don't be so apt to think everyone is out to get you
Appologies, I missread your post - you know how everyone want's a piece of me for some reason - like I stole something from them Thank you, Sir
Old 11-08-2009, 09:04 PM
invertmast

Beave

sorry, guess my attempt at bringing in some humor (my comment was a joke) didn't work to well
Old 11-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Mr DJ

Mr DJ,

My curiosity has been spiked. I remember this topic being raised before, because indeed I believe at one point you really were repping FEJ and did not hold a waiver.

So, currently...what FEJ jets are you flying (solo...taking off and landing by yourself). I believe answering this will put to bed any questions brought up by anyone.

Thanks,

Beave

Beave, you guys are a joke I'm not concerned about questions about anyone on RCU - SAP was kool, and so I responded to him. So to you and to anyone else who wants to jump in bed with me appearenlty, look up my waiver if you're that desparate to find out parts of my life.

And you guys seem to have turned this thread into Mr DJ's thread - wow. I truly will not say another word.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:09 PM
bevar

Thomas,

No worries...I was just pointing out a few items.

Be cool,

Beave [&:]

Beave

sorry, guess my attempt at bringing in some humor (my comment was a joke) didn't work to well
Old 11-08-2009, 09:11 PM
bevar

DJ,

I believe you just answered my question.

Take it easy,

Beave

Beave, you guys are a joke [img][/img] I'm not concerned about questions about anyone on RCU - SAP was kool, and so I responded to him. So to you and to anyone else who wants to jump in bed with me appearenlty, look up my waiver if you're that desparate to find out parts of my life.

And you guys seem to have turned this thread into Mr DJ's thread - wow. I truly will not say another word.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:11 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Mr DJ,
Please note, I never said that you have never flown a jet, I know you have flown the shokjet, what I would like to see though is you fly the FEJ stuff that you own. I think it's very important as a Rep that you fly what you represent. I also never said that you should say anything to argue with the head of the company, however, when you are mentioned in a thread, or even if you are not, I would hope as a rep that you would at the very least be trying to explain that this is not typical and speak with James himself to find out all the info instead of disassociating yourself from the issue at hand.

Beave, my name (most people on RCU know me already ) Is Jeremy Ferguson, MAAC # 29228, I've never tried to hide any identity.
I wasn't trying to stir anything up with my comments regarding comp arf or skymaster, but those are exceptions and I would like to know all the circumstances as I know people who lost Comp ARF products and Skymaster products and never had them replaced after structural failures. Having said that I would never expect a manufacture to replace my airframe either, that is truly going above and beyond.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:19 PM
KC36330

Appologies, I missread your post - you know how everyone want's a piece of me for some reason - like I stole something from them [img][/img] Thank you, Sir

I'll try to overlook it this time

Oh, BTW i did find that video for the proof you've flown a jet for those of concern......... http://vimeo.com/2944095
Old 11-08-2009, 09:22 PM
SAP_2000

...what I would like to see though is you fly the FEJ stuff that you own. I think it's very important as a Rep that you fly what you represent.
Jeremy said much better than what I could.
Fly the stuff that you rep. That way you will gain your own experience and get to know your product a lot better than most people here (including me)
Looking forward to a "MR DJ tearing up the sky with his F-14" vid[8D] You hit them afterburnes, you hear![8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.