Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

wren supersport

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

wren supersport

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:55 AM
ron Sweeney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wren supersport

John, I have been part of this puzzle. Paul and Jim are clubmates. Last Saturday when the evobooster was running without the hatch there was a fly happily walking around the sheeting immediately below the turbine intake until we poked at it and it flew away directly passed the turbine. Ron.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:36 AM
J.F

ORIGINAL: Gaspar

Here our experience is just the inverse, we had to recommend to some owners of Intro to cut hatches to ease the suction on the engine, to avoid the engine sucking his own exhaust, but in Sprints we never had any issue. One of our local pilots have logged over 200 flights on his Sprint/M90 combo without any problem. And the M90 uses more air than a SS/G90. As I commented before, we had experienced issues with fuel, sometimes the deodorized kero is something but kero.

Gaspar
I am running an M90 positioned as far fwd as it can go on the mounts of a Sprint and no issues whatsoever.

Would the transverse ribs on the underside of the hatch be pushing down and closing off any of the vent/fuel lines that might run on the top of the tank?
Old 06-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Jgwright

Ron

Lucky fly!

It would help to see a photo of the installation. Usually there is something apparently insignificant that causes the problem.

John

Old 06-29-2010, 11:36 AM
paulflys4fun

As i have said i have the photos, just cannot post them. If someone can do that i will send them the photos by email. My address is

[email protected]
Old 06-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

I would be happy to post them for you if you wish

[email protected]

Roger
Old 06-29-2010, 12:51 PM
paulflys4fun

Ok, just got off the phone to Jim, the baffles if anything made the problem worse. He moved the turbine that far back it stuck out of the airframe just to try.

I hate to say it, but he is about to give up. He is worried that after so many flame outs and failed runs that he will damage both turbines. Unless we get something positve then i am a fraid this has got us beat.

If nothing comes to light by tomorrow night, i have offered Jim the use of my p70, that said Jim does have a p80 in an Elan that he may try, but he does not want to put anymore stress on his booster.

Regards

Paul

P.S.

As we know this is no longer a Wren problem, and the super sport is indeed a victim of this airframe, or instalation maybe the mods could move it to the Sprint thread???

We must stress Both the Wren and the booster have work without hick up in other airframes, so we dont belive that the blame can be pind on either turbines. Both Turbines are very good and both companys have help in everyway possible to help resolve this problem. I now fear that an answer may never be found.

Regards

Paul
Old 06-29-2010, 01:02 PM
ron Sweeney

Oh yes it will !!!! If I have to put my own Wren ss into the airframe. By the way my SS has now accumulated 43 hours of trouble free running. never a snap, crackle, or pop. Ron.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:07 PM
paulflys4fun

Thats the British Bull Dog spirit Ron!!!!

So we got a P70 and another SS to try then

Never say never
Old 06-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Forgues Research

I received the photos from paulflys4fun to post for him, and although I have posted numerous photos in the past on RCU, this time it won't let me telling , missing field..

I have tried 5 times so far, rebooted my computer and no cigars. sorry...

Roger
Old 06-29-2010, 05:48 PM
new2jets

As you can see air in take is not the problem for my ss [:@]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71913.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	1460426  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:00 AM
lozza1965

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a nice photo

lozza
Old 06-30-2010, 05:31 AM
Duncan

you're so modest Lozza lol
Old 06-30-2010, 03:14 PM
ron Sweeney

Hello 'new to jets'..............I wish I could get away from these pseudonyms, but what the hell !!
I appreciate that you started this thread and have been partially by-passed in the momentum that has developed in the discusions so I re-read the entire thread to see if the focus of the topic had passed you by. Have you found a solution and if so can you publish please?
In summary there have been 3 diverse elements that have evolved from the discussions. Firstlly your problems with your Wren SS. This prompted myself and others to support your claims relating to throttling difficulties. I then unwittingly contributed to the change of direction with the difficulties experienced by my pal with his own Wren SS. and recently we have monopolised the thread with our own frustrations with the tubine installations in the Boomerang Sprint with two different turbines. This has perhaps, overshadowed your original cry for help but I believe that maybe all the symptoms may have a commom cause and no I am not a turbine expert despite a RAF apprenticeship in airframe and engine fitting in the late fifties, -T11s Dave Gladwin ? I'm your man!!. - I digress.!!
Those with commercial interests will adopt a defensive posture with these discussions and that is acceptable providing they keep an open mind and I am sure at the end of the day solutions will be found. I will leave publishing of our trials from today in the hands of my freinds who videod our latest experiments. Our fickle nature will unfortunately allow readers of this thread to draw their own pre-emptive conclusions but I think the solution(s) are not too far away. Ron Sweeney.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:28 PM
new2jets

Hi paul
I put the stabulity delay up to 100 and this seem to make the engine run much better it didn`t flame out untill i brought the acceleration delay down to 20 but put it back up to 27 now and the engine stays running but roar`s and blue flame about 4" long out the back untill it picks up speed
what does this tell me?

fuel is jet A1
Old 06-30-2010, 03:49 PM
paulflys4fun

As Ron has said futher trail where done today and videoed, and if i every get a clever pill i will post them. We are getting there, but we are still only getting the turbine to spool up slowly, but running it is.

Wren have bent over backwards to help Jim, and we are looking to reinstall the SS and contiue testing. I promise we will keep you informed.

New2jets

I am glad the info i provided was of at least some use. Please contact Wren again and let them know what it is doing. I honestly belive your problem is fixable and Wren will fully support you.

If you still have no look, Jim, Ron and i will contuine to work on our problem, which i am sure will inturn help you.

Regards

Paul
Old 06-30-2010, 04:45 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

Can we have a photo of the instalation and the under side of the canopy please?

Jason
Old 06-30-2010, 04:49 PM
new2jets

ORIGINAL: jason

Can we have a photo of the instalation and the under side of the canopy please?

Jason
you must want a photo of the sprinter not mine ?
Old 06-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Forgues Research

ORIGINAL: paulflys4fun

As Ron has said futher trail where done today and videoed, and if i every get a clever pill i will post them. We are getting there, but we are still only getting the turbine to spool up slowly, but running it is.

Wren have bent over backwards to help Jim, and we are looking to reinstall the SS and contiue testing. I promise we will keep you informed.

New2jets

I am glad the info i provided was of at least some use. Please contact Wren again and let them know what it is doing. I honestly belive your problem is fixable and Wren will fully support you.

If you still have no look, Jim, Ron and i will contuine to work on our problem, which i am sure will inturn help you.

Regards

Paul

Paul,
I apologize for not being able to upload the photos you sent me, I have no idea what is holding this back as I have posted numerous photos in the past , and have done exactly the as before, but for some reason, it won't let me telling me "missing required field". If anyone know what is missing , please do tell...

Roger
Old 06-30-2010, 08:48 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Send them to me and I'll give it a try.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:37 AM
box55555

Have sent my ECU and pump back to Wren as requested. Hopefully we will be able to resolve the problem.

Unfortunately they were at the Paris show, so no action as yet. Will give them a ring today.

Shame but have missed 3 glorious weekends so far.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:16 PM
lozza1965

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paris show may-be but its not good practice in this day and age to shut up shop and everyone go, well thats my thoughts anyway, awaiting the flak

lozza
Old 07-02-2010, 03:04 AM
HarryC

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: lozza1965

not good practice in this day and age to shut up shop and everyone go,
They didn't. I spoke to one of their engineers at the factory during the time in question, it was simply that some of them had gone to the show at Paris.
H
Old 07-02-2010, 07:17 AM
ron Sweeney

They have to sell turbines for a living soI guess they must represent themselves at all the major shows, Ron.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:51 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Paris show may-be but its not good practice in this day and age to shut up shop and everyone go, well thats my thoughts anyway, awaiting the flak

lozza
Agreed, I'll take some of that flak as well if it comes.

Mike
Old 07-02-2010, 08:14 AM
HarryC

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

lozza
Agreed, I'll take some of that flak as well if it comes.

Mike
They didn't. I spoke to one of their engineers at the factory during the time in question, it was simply that some of them had gone to the show at Paris
They didn't shut up shop, they didn't all go, so what is it you are agreeing with?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.