RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   A few pics from Wroughton (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/5943833-few-pics-wroughton.html)

lozza1965 01-09-2012 04:01 AM

RE: A few pics from Wroughton

Twas a grand day out lots of flights, and these turbine thingys certainally start better when the fuel tap is turned on lol

Steve Moore 01-09-2012 04:18 AM

I had the same brain fart on one occasion, just trying to make the fuel last longer with todays prices!!!! (thats my excuse)

Was a superb day, shame the sun was not behind us but you cant have it always, somewhat of a contrast to last weeks weather, really enjoyed myself, good times!!!

Steve

lozza1965 01-14-2012 12:20 PM

An enjoyable if not chilly day today a Wroughton, can I ask whoever picked up my gas cylinder as i left it behind, not bothered about the gas but be nice to have the valve back.

Many thanks in advance

lozza

Jamie C 01-14-2012 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A very busy day at Wroughton today, VERY cold but little wind. Alot of jet flying went on, Geoff White flew Andrew Bailey's Boomer Exige several times without a hitch and i have quite a bit of video of it which i will post later, Andy Sylvester flew his CARF Eurosport, Painter had his 'Firewoodcat' John Tancock had his Hotpsot and had a very flukey landing as he bounced out a hung up main leg, Big G abused his Ultra Lightning, the ever present Dick Spreadbury had his trusty Foxjet, John Sanders had his Jetlegend L39 and FB T33, i had my Bobcat and there were two new members with an FEJ Rafale and a Nano. Took more film than i did pics.

Andrew Bird 01-14-2012 01:59 PM

Geoff,

How are you finding the UL now you've put the 180RX in there?

Birdie.

PS - Do I spy a mighty Crescent Bullet there in the back ground?!?

John Tancock 01-14-2012 02:02 PM

I got it Lozza, Dick found it and I thought it was Martins!:eek:
How can I get it back to you?:D

John.

Fortune7 01-14-2012 02:17 PM

Good man, Jamie; one of thee days I'll get off my ar$e and take pics and (maybe) post them too. But with yous guys around, what's the rush? Good cameraderie today despite only two flights (couldn't really be ar$ed....), and one of them a duff start coz I'd left the fuel tap off. I blame Loz; he must have been standing too close.

Come on Dick, where's your pics of my jet?

Andy

CJ2002 01-14-2012 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great day! Nice to welcome John Tancock, Martin Painter, Simon Potter, Tim Whitcombe and his mate (sorry chap, name's gone outa my head but I have put a piccy in of your Rafale!). In addition to the Rafale, pictures show Andrew Bailey's Exige, Andy Silvester's Eurosport, a chilly Jamie Cuff, John Sanders' L-39, Tancock's Hotsnot and a couple of John and Martin Painter!

Cheers,

Dick

Geoff White 01-14-2012 02:19 PM

Birdie,

There is a significant increase in power so its a lot of fun. Surprisingly, no real increase in fuel consumption, I guess because I am coming off the throttle more.
Next time you are in the UK, come down to wroughton and see for yourself.

Geoff.

Jamie C 01-14-2012 02:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Andrew Bird

PS - Do I spy a mighty Crescent Bullet there in the back ground?!?
In a way you do!? this is the prototype for a new kit that i have put together, it is a 60 size Bullet i have called the Calibre, Bullet stayed in the workshop today and i brought out the MFA Chevron instead. I am really liking the Exige, very pretty and looks great in those colours.

Was bloody cold!! Merryfield tomorrow aswell!

Andrew Bird 01-14-2012 03:12 PM

Cheers Geoff - sounds awesome. More power without any gain in weight and the same flight time.

I grew up flying Bullet's and I guess they only get better with more size and power - brilliant fun!

cant fly 01-14-2012 03:41 PM

Yep good day today. Thanks to the members for making us welcome. Managed only 2 flights on the Hawk but at last got the flap arrangement sorted for landing and a bit more confident with the tighter turns and slow speed. So next time I promise to just go fly!. The Extra needs a bit of tuning on the bottom end but it was nice to know its all working again and the smoke looked great in the blue yet cold sky. Looks good for the year to come.<div>
</div><div>Sy</div>

Jamie C 01-14-2012 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)

I grew up flying Bullet's and I guess they only get better with more size and power - brilliant fun!
Sorry to go off topic, pics of my Bullet at Merryfiled last year. Powered by a HP 40 Gold cup, i tried to get it as close as i could to the original box scheme.

I have been editing the video from today, quite a bit of the Exige and you can also just make out John T's flukey landing.

Andrew Bird 01-14-2012 05:45 PM

Thanks Jamie! I'll never forget the day I came out of a dive with my Super Tiger 45 version flat out, when the con rod broke, got smashed through the crank case and the prop went off at pace down the strip:D

Good times.

IB 01-15-2012 01:02 AM

Looks like y'all had a good day at my old flying site, I was out yesterday for the first time at my new site (B.H.), only turbine there and sky to myself, shorts and T-Shirt weather too ;)

Ian B

John Tancock 01-15-2012 01:51 AM

Fluke! Skill and the fact I didn't want to repair it again! I think there is a retract change coming very soon!
Was a great day, had lots of fun! Nice to see you flying Dick, the touch n goes were great, even managing to seize up the nose wheel!
Love the noise of GW's UL, as the air is forced through the airframe, impressive performance! Love the the retro stuff Jamie, a nice tune pipe to finish them off I think.

JT

Colin Gontier 01-15-2012 02:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Jamie C

Sorry to go off topic, pics of my Bullet at Merryfiled last year. Powered by a HP 40 Gold cup, i tried to get it as close as i could to the original box scheme.

I have been editing the video from today, quite a bit of the Exige and you can also just make out John T's flukey landing.
Jamie - your Bullet looks beautiful ! Did you glass it or is that normal covering? I lusted after one of these 1st time round but never got one. I have a kit up in the loft though - I think its time to get it out and build it.

Looks like you guys had a blast yesterday [8D]

Jamie C 01-15-2012 10:01 AM

Colin,

It is covered with ferrari red profilm and has black and white solartrim to finish it off. It is a quick build and a great flyer and i have the fiberglass fuselages for these now which have the integral blended in fin and wing fillets . . . . i am a HUGE fan of the Bullet!! it is nice to have a change now and again and it is such a good flyer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWkYMCPt1gE i did this video for Paul Bardoe pieced together from film of the Bullet at my local site and the Calibre at Sleap.

I am editing the video from Wroughton yesterday, i am in the front room warming up as i have not long got back from Merryfield.

whitcombe 01-15-2012 11:23 AM

Geoff, thanks for letting me and Gary have some jet fun yesterday at Wroughton. We had a cracking day, I enjoyed chucking Gary's Rafale around the sky and Gary has finally lost his turbine virginity! I am neginning to get back into the jets and have just sold the nano to Si Potter so a new toy is on the horizon. All the best to you and the guy's who made is really welcome!

Tim

Jamie C 01-15-2012 12:51 PM

I have put together a video of Andy's Exige from video taken yesterday.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtpnK6bn6U&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1[/youtube]

Andrew Bailey 01-15-2012 01:04 PM

Jamie. That is brilliant. So nice to have a record of the first couple of flights. Thank you very much indeed.

Andrew<br type="_moz" />

Andrew Bailey 02-26-2012 02:46 PM

Great day at Wroughton today. Some serious hardware there, at least a dozen jets including Geoff's Hunter and a wonderful 1/3 scale Hawk which was not flying, but deafened us all with a runup. I just uploaded a video of Geoff flying the Hunter. Taken with an iPhone, so sorry there is no zoom. Worth opening in YouTube though and running at hi res.

Andrew

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36sZgMmr8C0[/youtube]

CJ2002 02-26-2012 03:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: wearypanda

Great day at Wroughton today. Some serious hardware there, at least a dozen jets including Geoff's Hunter and a wonderful 1/3 scale Hawk which was not flying, but deafened us all with a runup. I just uploaded a video of Geoff flying the Hunter. Taken with an iPhone, so sorry there is no zoom. Worth opening in YouTube though and running at hi res.

Andrew
Echo that Andrew...some pics from today...including John Palmer's FB F-5, John Sanders 'new' (ex Big G) Hawk, Animal's CARF Hawk, Loz Hughes's Phoenix, Harry Curzon's Trim F-86, Andrew Bailey's Exege, Big Gs Hunter, Archie Woods's FB T-33 and his and Garry's BIIIIIIIIG Hawk (due to fly next week. A good day out!

Geoff White 02-26-2012 03:11 PM

Agreed, a fantastic days flying. Was very lucky the wing tank came off cleanly so I just took the other one off and continued flying:D

Nice to see one of the 'godfathers' (John Palmer) flying his F5 really well and John Sanders enjoying my ex Hawk, look after it John!

CJ2002 02-26-2012 03:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A few more...

BTW, the Install pics are of John Palmer's F5...Loz Hughes had a ball with his Phoenix...the big Hawk is 1:3 scale and belongs to Archie Woods and his mate Garry and the final one is the sunset over the WW2 Lamellas at Wroughton. Nice end to a great day!

Cheers,

Dick
England