RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Decisions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 10:35 AM
RVSteelRR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decisions!

Hey Everyone,

I've been working on my trucks for quite a long time now. In fact I had only 4 over my 6 years of Nitro RC and I absolutely love it!. I started into nitro with a Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5 and it was tons of fun. After Gaining some more experience (and money xD) I bought my first biggish monster truck the Nanda Raptor. It was a nice truck but it had its fair share of problems. After these two trucks and their problems I decided to invest my money into a schumacher Havoc and a few years later a Manic. Now I love the Manic and Havoc, They are brilliant trucks and the Havoc is really brilliant. It goes through a lot of torture and still works perfectly. The manic is a bit of a loose cannon but nonetheless a lot of fun.

So after my manic I was wondering what truck I should go for in April seeing that it's my birthday. I want a little more of a challenge and something that's off the chain! xD. I'm also new here and I haven't heard of RC Universe until a friend of mine told me so here I am!. Can't wait to hear what you guys suggest. I am not a huge fan of electric because I eased from electric into Nitro. PLEASE I don't want to start a debate on nitro vs electric my original question was, what would be more of a challenge going from a manic to something new. Any suggestions welcome! .

Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon!.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:16 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Havoc and Manic are about the most challenging and extreme rc's available. It really doesn't get much more extreme than a big block .28 powered 2wd and .36 twin.

Normally I'd say get a 1/8 buggy or truggy with a modded .28 if you want to get nutty with nitro. But the Havoc and Manic are basically truggies already. I don't know how much nuttier you can get! Lol
Old 02-09-2016, 08:36 AM
beaux1313

Maj maybe you can help me .I have a t- maxx 12 inch wheel base 3.3 motor black trans and the slipper clutch has the red dowels. What model do I have? . Thanks have a good day.

Last edited by beaux1313; 02-09-2016 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:39 AM
beaux1313

Maj maybe you can help me .I have a t- maxx 12 inch wheel base 3.3 motor black trans and the slipper clutch has the red dowels. What model do I have? Thanks have a good day.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:41 AM
beaux1313

sorry about the double post.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:37 PM
radd-1

If your buying from your local Hobbie store see what parts,they carry.
My self been in it 33 years had a lot gas/ Nitro / brushless.
I will take brushless monster truck over them all
Clean quiet fast no Nitro will be a brushless truck or gas when the box says 70 + head of an ox it does 70 plus in the Box pending on the brand Traxxas e maxx / traxxas x maxx
Hpi Savage.
Team losi xxl2e
Them trucks are fast and don't seem to brake easy.anyone you will not be disappointed
Just buy the right lipo battery's for it with 5000ma a 25c or larger .
And a good battery .
It does matter.
You pay $80 or more,a battery the truck will run good with long run time and long battery life.
Go cheep .well you get what you pay for.

Stay away from Hong Kong batteries the known to have polarity change and if it changes and we'll burn up your ESC instantly.
Im a retired dealer.
Been in the hobby 33 years.

I hate to see a customer spend a lot of money on cheep stuff then have nothing but problems this is my two cents good luck on what you do bottom line research research research if you buy them at local stores see what they carry obviously it's a good product if they have tons of parts 99% of your stores CarryTraxxas and hpi.
Not many carry losi buy it's a awesome trucks
Any questions need help feel free to contact me I'm on RC Universe radd - 1
Old 03-21-2016, 09:49 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by radd-1
Stay away from Hong Kong batteries the known to have polarity change and if it changes and we'll burn up your ESC instantly.
Im a retired dealer.
Been in the hobby 33 years.
Normally I'd ignore a post like this because I honestly am not picking a fight but disagreeing or criticizing someone on the internet invariably turns into a fight. The original poster specifically asked for nitro suggestions and said he had no interest in electric but from what I can understand of your post you only bring up electric. By doing so you're going against the grain of the thread, creating friction and not helping the environment of the forum.

The thing that really got me though, besides the crude grasp of proper grammar, is the statement about batteries I quoted above. I've never heard of a battery reversing polarity. I'm not a battery expert but I do know the cathode and anode materials are chosen so that electrons will only flow one way, otherwise the batteries wouldn't work. You'd literally need to change the chemistry inside the battery to reverse polarity. And I can pretty much guarantee a lipo will burst into flames before it got anywhere near reversing polarity.

Also a cheap battery is not necessarily a bad battery. It's capabilities may be lower but stay within those capabilities and it will be fine. Push it too hard and bad things can happen, the same bad things which can happen to expensive batteries when they're pushed too hard. Can you please tell us what brand(s) you consider good?