Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

XTM MAMMOTH V. AE MGT

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 01:43 AM
hiflyn72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XTM MAMMOTH V. AE MGT

Well I don't own either of these trucks (ofna monster pirate) but this weekend two guys at our local track showed up with these trucks. I drove the MGT on the street and was not impressed, it really didn't seem to have much power although the brakes were excellent. I have not driven the Mammoth yet (we're going tomorrow morning and I was told i could run it , Can't wait!!!!) but just from watching it I would say it is faster, handles better, and is more stable. As a spectator I would say the Mammoth is better and began saving my money for one as soon as I saw it make about 5 laps. Hopefully I will own one soon after x-mas.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:48 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: hiflyn72

Well I don't own either of these trucks (ofna monster pirate) but this weekend two guys at our local track showed up with these trucks. I drove the MGT on the street and was not impressed, it really didn't seem to have much power although the brakes were excellent. I have not driven the Mammoth yet (we're going tomorrow morning and I was told i could run it , Can't wait!!!!) but just from watching it I would say it is faster, handles better, and is more stable. As a spectator I would say the Mammoth is better and began saving my money for one as soon as I saw it make about 5 laps. Hopefully I will own one soon after x-mas.

jus like a real car, if your going slower, your breaks are going to seem like they work much better
Old 11-27-2003, 10:28 AM
ALLISONMO2
My Feedback: (35)

i've only got two tanks through my mammoth so far but the brakes are sooo strong. granted casey is right and i have only been going 25 - 30 on the outside and only twice so far but they feel great. another nice touch is xtm locktited all the metal to metal screws with blue locktite.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:15 AM
kingswingdaddy

Well U IDIOT...Hope I spelled that right!!!!!U FRUIT GO GET 1 of these trucks B4 U start flappin UR damn Gums[>:].....I OWN the MGT & its a BEAST.....U dont own neither so why are U even speaking ....Go too your LHS & look @ the Trucks again....Until U get enough money.... Im tired of pillow biters like U speaking on sumthing they see sitting in the LHS...No action!!!!!!I see my MGT & It RUNS!!!!I clocked mine @ 41mph killed a T-MAXX..This is a sick truck GURANTEED!!!!!!

PS. 2 the forum fruits ...stick 2 what U See & DO not what U THINK...NO1 cares what U think?????

Go 2 ur LHS & compare the 2 U will see the MGT is built alot better,more +++++++++!!!!!!!!!
The Mammoth is cheaper get it if U R tryin 2 save money...But if U wanna sick truck get the MGT; when Offroad U dont need 2 go 52mph[:'(]....The mammoth is cool but Nah...U want sumthing 2 build Up...If U want fast the MGT's drivetrain will hold up too a .50 engine.........
Old 11-27-2003, 11:58 AM
Ovgron

dude, chill. Next, when you try to flame, actually spell out the words. YOu say the Mammoth LOOKS cheaper, do you own one? i didnt think so. I dont own the MGT or Mammoth and you know what im going to assume right away? That the MGT looks cheaper and sucks and that the Mammoth will just blow it away in every single aspect, speed, handling, jumping, EVERYTHING, you know why? because the MGT looks cheap and is built like a peice of doodoo.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:36 PM
TCMan86
My Feedback: (1)

How about both trucks suck and the savage will claim all in an all out competition of speed, durability, jumping capabilities, and track capabilities. It may not be faster but why would you want to go 50mph OFF ROAD? Maybe its just me but I thought MONSTER TRUCKS we're designed to be OFF ROAD! No pun intended of course.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:57 PM
Ovgron

God dude, i hate it when dorks bring up the Savage into a discussion between 2 other trucks. Such as, a discussion between the Thunder Quake and MGT, so someone brings up the Savage saying its better. Or a E-maxx vs. TXT-1, someone brings up the savage and would say something like "Electric sucks, buy a savage because there fast, duable, and beat everything else". I do beleive everyone can agree with me there.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:59 PM
caseyddr

lol mgt at 41 mph... lol
Old 11-27-2003, 01:38 PM
popa71

First of all without flaming unless you a have limited addition MGT with a picco .26 that truck is not running 41 mph. I have read every review even from owners and magazines and Associated is not even claiming 40 mph. There is no way you out gunned a T-maxx on a straight away with an MGT unless the maxx was a first generatio or the 2.5 was out of tune or had bad clutches. The associated truck may be durable but there is no way it will jump, handle or run faster than a Mammoth. This truck was designed to race. I have to give it to XTm they kicked butt with this truck. It is very simple but has everything you need to stay on top of the rest. If you read the reviews it out jumps, out handles and out runs the competitors even the Savage. Time will only tell about durability.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:49 PM
caseyddr

i think u made a great decision in trading the savage popa! Jus my 2 cents
Old 11-27-2003, 03:13 PM
TCMan86
My Feedback: (1)

OvGron, don't call me a dork man it was a fricken joke. Just trying to lighten up this huge flame war.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:19 PM
UP Down Flyer
My Feedback: (3)

i work at hpbby people the ones who make XTM stuff......this is by far the faster rtr mt out there and it will push over 50 mph no problem.

Chad
Old 11-28-2003, 12:02 PM
**MilkMachine**

Well, here are the specs for the mammoth:

SPECIFICATIONS
Length: 59.5cm
Width: F/R: 43.6cm/44.3cm
Weight:11.75 Pounds
Height:26.5cm
Ground Clearance:8.75cm

FEATURES
Full Ball Bearings
Threaded Aluminum Shocks
High torqe metal gear servo
Factory painted and trimmed body

INCLUDED
Factory installed Hitec Lynx Sport Radio
Factory installed super powerful XTM 24.7 engine

OTHER SPECS.
Adjustable 2 speed transmittion
2.6 HorsePwer XTM Engine
RTR 4 by 4 Monster Truck
HUGE
fast and Durable
Old 11-28-2003, 12:04 PM
**MilkMachine**

and here is the Monster GT specs:
VEHICLE INFO.
Vehicle-Monster GT
Type-1/8 scale 4WD Nitro Powered Monster Truck
Part #- 205000
Street Price-$500.00-$550.00

DIMENSIONS
Wheel Base-14.5 in
Vehicle Width-17.25 in
StockGround Clearance-2.5 inch
Weight-12 lbs

WHOS IT FOR
BackYard bashers and Monster Truck Racers

CHASSIS
Type-Extruded Single Peice
Material-Aluminum

DRIVE TERRAN
Type-4WD with 2 speed foward/reverse
Differential- Gear
Cluth-3-shoe
Bearings-Metal Sheilded

GEARING
Primary):3.46
Internal (1st/2nd):8.15.1 / 5.63.1
Final Gear (1st/2nd):28.22.1 / 19.51.1

ITEMS NEEDED FOR COMPETION
Radio and receiver, batterys, fuel, glow starter, filter oil

BODY, TIRES, WHEELS
Body-MGT
Tires-Rubber Cheveron Pattern
Wheels-Chromed plastic bead-lock look

MAIN COMPETITION
Traxxas T-Maxx
OFNA Pirate
OFNA DOminator
Kyoshio Mad Force
XTM X-Factor
Thunder Tiger
EK4 S2
CEN Fun Factor
HPI Savage .25

SUSPENTION
Type-Independent dual A-Arms
Damping-Eight Plastic, oil-dampened coil-over shocks

ACCELERATION
Acceleration- 2.28 sec. @ 30.8 mph
Top Speed-34.2mph @ 227ft.
Average Run times: 9-10 min.

HANDLING
Turning Radios-9ftsh
On-power-push
off-power-neutral

BRAKING
Control-good
Fade-Moderate
Overall Breaking-Good

ENGINE DATA
Engine-TTR Pro .21
Fuel (reccomended): O'Donnel %30
Pipe-Asc. Single Stage
Plug-Stock

Needle Settings (used in test)
High- 2 3/4
Low-3 (flush)
Mid: N/A
Operating Temp-253 degrees F.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:18 AM
UP Down Flyer
My Feedback: (3)

the mgt felt like a brick when i picked it up to move it.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:06 AM
SH ByA

Ok here is what I have found out from Personal experience and trials with the Mammoth. I had my Mammoth out last weekend (The weekend after Thanksgiving) and was doing some heavy duty speed runs in the big-ol empty parkinglot. A couple of friends of mine were there one has a T-Maxx 2.5, the other has a Mammoth and a BB T-maxx with an XTM 24/7 in it (The SAME engine that is in the Mammoth). we were there to finish the fine tuneing on the Mammoths. Those trucks (Mammoth) will flat haul *****. The stock Tmax wont stand a chance. it doesnt have the power or speed to keep up with the Mammoth. The BB T-maxx took it off the line and held a lead for about 1 sec till the Mammoth over powered it and took off. this was strictly because of the gearing. Both the Mammoth and the BB T-maxx that were there have the exact same XTM 24/7 motors in them, but the gearing is diff. The T-Maxx took it off the line, but the Mammoth quickly over took the poor T-Maxx. I was having fun starting from 20' or so behind the T-Maxx and still passing it by the end of the lot (Approx 70 to 85 yards). The Mammoth looks like it will be a blast, the engine is starting to show great improvements from the origional setup, the more you take your time in breaking it in the faster and stronger it performs. This truck just blew me away. I had it at full speed when it passed by me about 3' or 4' from me, this truck was hauling so fast you could hear the tires (like a normal truck going down the highway with big tires on it) as it flew past me. it was going so fast that it it hit someone or something at that speed it would be over . this truck will really haul. (Now I just need to get the other set of gears to make it go even faster )

This truck is way faster than the T-Maxx 2.5 or even my Savage with an Outlaw .26, And even a T-Maxx with the Big Block XTM Conversion with the 24/7 engine. I have raced all 3 trucks witht he Mammouth and it came out the winner in top speed on pavement. I havent had it out in the dirt to do the compairason there yet, but I will soon. AND I havent had it up against the MGT yet either, as I know no one who has one yet. When I do I'll not be afraid to take them on as well.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:15 PM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: SH ByA

This truck is way faster than the T-Maxx 2.5 or even my Savage with an Outlaw .26, And even a T-Maxx with the Big Block XTM Conversion with the 24/7 engine. I have raced all 3 trucks witht he Mammouth and it came out the winner in top speed on pavement. I havent had it out in the dirt to do the compairason there yet, but I will soon. AND I havent had it up against the MGT yet either, as I know no one who has one yet. When I do I'll not be afraid to take them on as well.
why would you be afriad, they are basically a brick on wheels ^_^
Old 12-03-2003, 09:12 PM
ThermalRD

50 mph??? Really, can i see a video, with that clocked on radar? That motor just does not pull the rpm's needed for 50 mph.

Matt
Old 12-03-2003, 09:27 PM
teamsquirreltail

The motor may not pull enough RPM, but the brute torque it has makes up for the RPM shortage. The torque will allow you to run taller gearing, which makes a big difference. I beleive it goes 50 MPH. It is basically a 1/8th scale buggy. The Mammoth will defenitely be my next RC purchase (beside my Mini T that I'm picking up on Friday night )
Old 12-03-2003, 09:31 PM
elway358

I'm with Thermal on this one. I Can't see it happening. I have the 24.7 pro on my converted Maxx and there aint no way it's hittin' 50mph! I sure can't see that heavy ass Mammoth getting near 50. That thing is the true definition of "overgrown truggy". Oh, and one more thing, as far as all these trucks smokin' a 2.5 Maxx...Give me a F'n break!! Like I said, I have the 24.7 pro on my Maxx now and a Picco .26 savage, and as much as I hate to admit, Neither one would be blowing any doors off of a stock 2.5 Maxx. Don't get me wrong, they wouldn't get walked off from or anything, but by no means would they , or any other MT thats out right now, blow the doors off of a stock 2.5 Maxx. Thats just a fact of life. You can accept it, or go on fooling yourself to think otherwise.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:10 PM
Nitro7-inactive

ive heard the mgt does 30-34..... not 40?
Old 12-03-2003, 11:11 PM
popa71

Sorry Elway the Mammoth is hitting 50mph. Dont ask me the furmula but its true. My buddy has a stock Maxx with my old Crazy nut on it. I pass him like he was driving a stock Savage .21. I guess its the gearing I dont know but it is very fast the one thing that is unreal is, it still has low end torque, a whole bunch!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2003, 11:15 PM
Cal-Torque

This was in reference to elways comments:
That's not true... As teamsquirreltail indicates, it's all about gearing. If you have enough torque (which the 24.7 does), you can gear it down for max speed. I don't doubt that the Mam can do 50mph. With the right gearing, I'm sure that the T could as well (with the 24.7).
Old 12-03-2003, 11:30 PM
popa71

I dont doubt that with the right gearing the t can be made to go faster. I was just trying to say we all know the t can hit speeds over 40 and I still walked away from my buddy. I dont have a radar gun so I was using our run to demonstrate that I was moving at a much faster rate of speed.
Old 12-04-2003, 03:09 AM
badboy2

any one of u tried the 2 trucks do what they are made for like jumping or climbing ?if yes how did they handle do they flip a lot when they land ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.