Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

LOSI LST ARRIVAL DATE

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 01:56 AM
nurch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOSI LST ARRIVAL DATE

Now I'm just going to play devil's advocate here for the sake of this post. If the trucks are stuck at customs, how come you can't find out when an estimate time of release will be from customs? I know when I worked at an over seas developing company, we had stuff go through customs every time! Although customs does not give an exact date of when they will be done with inspections, they can give you a guesstimate of when your container will get inspected and how long it might take. If Gil Losi won't allow this information to be leaked out, then he probably has some other issues that he does not want known.

What gives (just playing devil's advocate here and i am not jumping off the Losi bandwagon)?
Old 06-15-2004, 06:32 AM
fiddybucks

ORIGINAL: Tweedybird

enough talk about the savage fiddle...

It should have never been brought up in the first place, I answered a question and then everyone started talking about it. I'm just as much to blame for answering the question in this thread.
I hope that you as a moderator are not making fun of my name!

And speaking of off topic, you have many times posted off topic on this thread. Talking about you son, you not buying a LST, you not knowing what to get, you then deciding to get a rs3 because you want to drive on road (this topic is in a whole other section), and the savage stuff. i am sure there is more but I am going from memeory

I am just being kind and answering some questions, if you notice I tried to get back to the topic in most of my posts.

I am new here and is this what moderators do call the members names?

AND back to the topic......next couple days we will now how much longer the wait is! and we may get some more pics of the LST!
Old 06-15-2004, 08:14 AM
fiddybucks

ORIGINAL: nurch

Now I'm just going to play devil's advocate here for the sake of this post. If the trucks are stuck at customs, how come you can't find out when an estimate time of release will be from customs? I know when I worked at an over seas developing company, we had stuff go through customs every time! Although customs does not give an exact date of when they will be done with inspections, they can give you a guesstimate of when your container will get inspected and how long it might take. If Gil Losi won't allow this information to be leaked out, then he probably has some other issues that he does not want known.

What gives (just playing devil's advocate here and i am not jumping off the Losi bandwagon)?
Who said they were stuck in customs? They get production samples and I am sure that they found a tuning issue (which was stated) and they are going to correct it so that we don't have to. So if they are fixing any issues what does it matter to us (if they have issues)? Not tring to argue but if they are willing to upset customers (by releasing them late) to keep up their quailty control more props to them!
Old 06-15-2004, 08:53 AM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah, I don't mind waiting if it's making the truck better. I don't think they would withhold such a wanted truck for no good reason. I think they know that people will be PO'd if the truck comes out late summer when most racing seasons are over. Therefore, I doubt they're simply sitting on it, letting hype build around it. If they're fixing it up, I'm disappointed that it's not out sooner, but I can wait for the better product.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:52 AM
twisted

i have come to learn that release dates dont mean nothing any more. when a company sets one you almost gaurunteed to plop another month ontop of that.

as for tunning issues...isnt that engine already out ? its the dynamite .26 correct ?
Old 06-15-2004, 07:45 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it's the Dynamite Mach .26 that's included with the LST.

You've gotta figure that Dynamite only produces a small number of these engines, and until now, they haven't been included with any kit (that I've heard of) and only sold as an aftermarket choice. Since Losi has decided to include this engine in their truck, Dynamite had to seriously increase the production of this engine to meet the demands of the production of the LST and still be able to produce their normal amount for aftermarket sales. Since Dynamite has increased production, they may have had to hire extra people to meet the demand, and possible increase the amount of tool and dye machines needed to make these engines. Somewhere along those lines, a possible quality control issue may have occured, due to either unexperienced new-hires, and/or unproven assembly line machines/procedure because of the higher production rate.

Then again, maybe Losi just wasn't impressed with the quality of some of the sample engines they received, and they just want to make sure that the engines meet Losi's approval since they are being placed in a $600 machine. After all, Losi has a lot riding on this truck.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:47 PM
twisted

good point.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:38 AM
fiddybucks

Well we should hear something from losi today about the real delivery date. Rich said within 2 days on his post....yesterday no news today should be the day.

Imagine if he said they were going out today!!!!!! .......Just figured I would get everyones hopes up [sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 06-16-2004, 09:34 AM
ThermalRD

That would be some great news. I went out yesterday and bought a dynamite micro failsafe, a starter battery, and an extra nimh RX pack for the LST. So, im pretty excited. I want my LST.

Matt
ORIGINAL: fiddybucks

Well we should hear something from losi today about the real delivery date. Rich said within 2 days on his post....yesterday no news today should be the day.

Imagine if he said they were going out today!!!!!! .......Just figured I would get everyones hopes up [sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 06-16-2004, 09:40 AM
joules

I just saw this over on www.thedrake.net

"We have the trucks in CA, just waiting on more to arrive."

from Adam Drake.
Sounds like good news to me.

http://thedrake.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=484&start=90

J~
Old 06-16-2004, 10:16 AM
fiddybucks

Do you think they are waiting on the second larger shipment and then sending them all at once? I do remember that there was talk of a small first shipment and then a larger second shipment. Makes me wonder why they would wait. Well at least now I know they are real!!!!

Rich can you post the warehouse pic?!?
Old 06-16-2004, 11:53 AM
breakin2

All I know is my LHS insists they're on "first wave" and that I'm first on their list. Send em' out Losi!
Old 06-16-2004, 12:13 PM
nurch

YAY!!!! MY TRUCK IS COMING SOON!! YAY!!!!

Rich hurry up with the news!!
Old 06-16-2004, 03:18 PM
O.G.SaNDMaN

Hey I have a source that is pretty reliable that tells me that the trucks were supose to ship yesterday ( around 7000 of them)

and its not anything to do with the truck its self but the packaging they need to change.....
Old 06-16-2004, 03:42 PM
breakin2

I had heard a while back that their boxes were too big to fit enough on a pallete. I don't know how true that is, but my LHS guy told me that about a month ago.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:50 PM
Richard Trujillo

Ok guys good news and bad news....The bad news is, I still do not have an exact shipping date. The good news is, I can confirm that we do have some in the warehouse BUT we will not be shipping until we have enough to fill orders. This truck is obviously huge and takes a bit longer to produce than a sport NT. As much as we would love to see them in the publics hands now, we do not want to upset our dealers that may or may not get them. Gil Losi Sr will be back from vacation tomorrow and I will ask for permission to post a picture of the trucks in the warehouse right now....again, playing it safe and not wanting to lose my job

Thanks again for your patience
Richard Trujillo

One more thing...as to some "packaging changes" Not true.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Q8 RC

still no one got the monster i cant wait to see your faces
Deandome

Welcome to RCU, Rich!!

Most/many here might know, but some don't, that Rich is indeed a Losi employee/tech/PR guy, and his ACTIVE presence at the one18th.com Mini-T board during it's launch was MUCH appreciated by everyone. He answered pretty much every question thrown his way, but all I ask (and probby him, too!) is that you not hound him too much 'bout trivial stuff/arrival dates as this is a MUCH bigger board & it might get ugly for him.

Let's make him feel welcome, pour him a martini & wait a couple of weeks before hounding him for hopups & stuff.

BTW...can you tell me anything about the ball diff for the Mini-T? I can't seem to find anything about it over at one18th

Dean

BTW, Rich...check w/the powers that be here & see if you can get a special thread or something like you did at one18th!! I know they have mfg forums here, but I think everyone would appreciate it MUCH more if you could be worked into THIS forum..and then maybe migrate to a LST sub-MT forum (like the ones for Traxxas, Savage & the MGT)
ThermalRD

Awesome, thanks for the update. Oh hope we get a pic, and i really hope those trucks are shipped out this month.

Matt
Old 06-16-2004, 06:47 PM
fourwheeler

Yea, a pic or 2 of the pallets of LST's sitting in the warehouse would be really cool!!
Old 06-16-2004, 07:15 PM
jefx

Thanks again Rich!

Matt, I wouldn't go with the Dynamite failsafe if I were you. If it's not too late, you should return it and get a different brand, perhaps the OFNA failsafe.
I have had 2 Dynamite failsafes, the first one "failed". The second one has some issues that were also apparent in the first one.
First off, it doesn't hold it's preset very well, sometimes it decides on it's own to make the "fail" position at full throttle when I had set it for full brake. This has happened to me a couple times where the failsafe has triggered and the truck takes off on full throttle instead of braking like it should. I have to reset it every time I take it out, and still it has malfunctioned on me.
Secondly (and most annoyingly), it doesn't like a freshly charged Rx pack. If the pack is freshly charged, the failsafe goes crazy, just twitching all over the place and making the truck impossible to drive. When I charge my pack, I have to unplug the failsafe for about the first 10 minutes of driving the truck to let some of the charge out so that the failsafe doesn't go all crazy on the servo. This totally defeats the purpose of having a failsafe, since I have to unplug it.
I know that it isn't my Rx pack causing the problems, since I have two different ones, and one of them happens to be a Dynamite pack.
Just thought I'd let you know.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:25 PM
ThermalRD

Thanks for the info Jefx. Which dynamite failsafe are you referring to? There were two originally, and now they have a MICRO clear red plastic fail safe. I've tested this fail safe, and my micro venom, original venom, micro ofna, and original ofna. The only one of them to work against interference from an identical radio frequency was the Micro Dynamite. After using this on my SS, i figured i would try one on my LST. Heres some pics of the goods i bought for the LST so far.

Matt
Old 06-16-2004, 08:12 PM
O.G.SaNDMaN

Thanks rich, im looking forward to seeing the new truck in my little hands!!!
Old 06-16-2004, 08:25 PM
jefx

Oh, the one I have is black and white, it looks different from the one in your picture. I didn't realize they had 2 different ones. Never mind then, just don't get the black and white one.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:45 AM
breakin2

OK, how did this thread fall so far down? I want my LST, dammit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.