Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Genesis

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 07:20 PM
Duff_Beer_12oz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Genesis

.46 engine, 17lbs, 10 shocks..im beginning to think they really just make it look, sound all good, but its to heavy and slow to perfom well...get a LST
Thats the exact opposite! The Genesis has a better power to weight ratio than the LST, Revo, or the Savage. It is also not slow at all. It travels at 50+mph stock. The LST was clocked at 44mph.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Mxracer45

I think im gonna have to agree with snow here.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:26 PM
Nitro10

Uhh....NO, it's plain as day (as others have mentioned) that the Genesis CLEARLY copied many/most of the Savage design elements (chassis), and the suspension is straight off the T-Maxx, ignoring the relatively silly top/horizontal shocks that seem to do nothing other than look cool/different (and add weight). Where Losi, Traxxas & UE have stepped back & said "gee, maybe 4 big shocks are better than 8 small ones", CEN took the much more predictable "they have eight, let's do TEN" approach. And NOBODY has really explained what the top shocks bring to the table....care to take a stab?
I would guess Cen went with the vert frame for simplicity and strength. Personally I would prefer this method over any other, especially for a basher. With 5" of suspension travel how do you compare it to a T-maxx? The top shocks are basically a cantilever set up that add dampning, but probably wont hold up with bashing. As far as the shocks go..if four big ones seems better than 8 small ones.....fine with me but the other features the Genesis offers is definately more exciting. 5 horsepower , 3 speed tranny, over 2 feet long, 50 mph top end.....This doesnt sound plain to me.

Sorry I forgot the smiles with your "joke", here they are. A few smiles is all it takes to cover up an insult? You sure there wasn't a little sarcasm in there?
But of course, everyone who disagrees with me clearly has no brain, so maybe it's a tough call for some of you

And I'm 41 yo, and only a complete idiot woud read a line like "But of course, everyone who disagrees with me clearly has no brain, so maybe it's a tough call for some of you" and take it as anything other than a SELF-DEPRECATING joke (go get a dictionary). Funny, though, that you didn't quote the 3 smiles I posted to make the joke extra clear. You obviously understood them, but chose to eliminate them to give your slam a vague hint of legitimacy.

Well Dean with the post's you have produced you obviously feel pretty strongly with your opinion on the trucks. You had a reply for my post with the no brain comment , my comment was there to keep the thread from getting locked. Now I get to read how you are comparing me to an idiot and "go get a dictionary".... How IS life treating you these days Dean?
Old 05-19-2004, 04:28 AM
RCnutz

Ahhh Why must you all talk and talk and talk some more about things you only dream of? I was reading on the previous page the words of some Dale Gribble saying that the truck is this and that and that HPI can file a legal suit based on design patents... Obviosly the man doesn't know much about patents. There are many companies and small shops who produce parts for the T-maxx for example. Do you think they have a contract with Traxxas? no they don't! They just make the parts slightly different which makes them legal according to patent laws! Patent Laws say that you cannot reproduce a design in it's exact form. So Mr Gribble.. you talk and talk and talk about things you know nothing about.
Another thing I red was that there are few hobby stores that will support the Genesis... Well I have 4 in my area that are certified CEN dealers so again the deographics are not everywhere the same and again Mr. Gribble talked and talked some more about things he is opinionated about.
And yet another thing... The Cen Radios... Ah I assume Mr. Gribble spoke from experience when he said that they are nothing more than junk ... Well Mr. Gribble... I know several people me included that own CEN products and radios and never complained about them a single time... Now if you want to complain just for the love of complaining you go ahead and do it privately without splashing dirt on companies like CEN in public without having anything in your arsenal but your own silly opinions.

Wait and see! then talk and talk and talk some more about what you've seen not what you think you're going to see!
Old 05-19-2004, 04:35 AM
RCnutz

oh I almost forgot... I am recieving a Geneis next week sometime and I'll be posting some honest feedback!
How do I know it's next week? I talked to Cen customer service and they have the truck in their warehouses ready to ship to hobby stores. Hopefully they'll be there next week by Friday.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:40 PM
T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

DAMN, ALL YOU PEOPLE DO IS TALK CRAP ON THIS WEBSITE AND I AM SICK OF THIS BULLS##T, I MEAN COME ON HAVE ANY OF YOU MORONS EVER SEEN THIS TRUCK DRIVE OR ANY THING????? SAYING THE LST OR THE REVO IS BETTER, SHUT THE HELL UP YOU GUYS HAVE PROBABLY NEVER EVEN SEEN THE LST OR THE REVO, WELL I HAVE I SAW BOTH THE GENESIS AND LST DRIVE AT RCX, AND ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THE LST IS NOTHING, ITS NOT ANYTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY LOOKS LIKE IT NEEDS A BETTER ENGINE, I ALSO SO THE GENESIS DRIVE AND I WAS AMAZED WITH THIS TRUCK IT AWSOME YOU CAN SURELY TELL IT HAS THE BEST POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO OF ANY TRUCK, AND ALL YOU PEOPLE ESPECIALLY DALE GRIBBLE SAYING THAT IT WILL NEVER BE ON A TRACK THINK AGAIN THIS THING MAY LOOK LIKE IT CAN'T HANDLE GOOD BUT BELIEVE ME THIS LOOKED BETTER AT THE TRACK THAN THE LST. WHY DON'T YOU ALL JUST SAVE YOUR CRAP TO YOUR SELVES, AND WAIT TILL THIS TRUCK COMES OUT THEN YOU WILL SEE THAT THIS TRUCK IS PROBABLY GOING TO BE THE BEST TRUCK ON THE MARKET, TIMMY FROM CEN SAID THAT THIS TRUCK IS GOING TO HAVE ALOT OF AFTER MARKET PARTS FROM CEN AND OTHER MAJOR AFTERMARKET COMPANIES.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Duff_Beer_12oz

I can't believe you people are still talking about a truck that hasn't come out yet. When i started this forum i was expecting a few quick answers and thats it. Yall keep saying the same thing over and over again[:@]. I can almost feel tension between CENheads and LOSIheads. I'm still deciding between both but after hearing that there will be many aftermarket parts for the genesis says t-maxx killer i'm back to being a GENhead again. I simply can't make up my mind. They are BOTH really good trucks in differnt ways. Why don't yall just shut up and wait about one week when a certain rcu member is supposed to revieve his. He promised to truthfully say how the gen is. I think that after what t-maxx killer typed this is going to get locked anyway.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:00 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: Duff_Beer_12oz

I think that after what t-maxx killer typed this is going to get locked anyway.

It should be locked. If it cant be discussed in an adult manner, without insults, and rude gestures, then it shouldnt be discussed at all. Actually, it should just be deleted. This reflects really poorly on RCU when new people come to the site.

Matt
Old 05-19-2004, 02:04 PM
bustergonad

Thermal,
I think the problem is that there are not many adults posting in these threads. If you look at the average age of an RC'er(??) I'll bet you will find many in their teens. A big deal to many younger people is brand loyalty and sometimes this turns into blind loyalty. A good comparison to the Genesis/LST/Revo debate is the Sega/Nintendo/Sony battles of the 90's. Sega and Nintendo (Traxxas and Losi) were the big boys on the block when Sony (Cen) announced their new product, a lot of Sony bashing was going on by the Sega/Nintendo fans until many people realized that Sony had a good product. Now I think you going to see a lot of Cen bashing, weather it's deserved or not, until the Genesis proves itself. As for the mature debate, I think you're really not going to get that because of the younger age group that RC MT's attract.
That is my opinion and if anyone feels like I'm full of it then you are more than welcome to your opinion

Buster
Old 05-19-2004, 02:17 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE:[Deleted]

Remember that this is a hobby. It's supposed to be enjoyable. Publicly trashing a product that isn't available yet AND nobody has tested means all opinions about power, support, handling, top speed, acceleration, durability, etc. are pure conjecture. It's like arguing the Losi XXXXX Kinwald 4 edition is better than the Associated B12!!!!!!!

I'm closing it down.