Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

*PICS*The REVO is mine!*PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 10:14 AM
William Q

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *PICS*The REVO is mine!*PICS*

i'm so jealous right now cause you have your revo and i'm still waiting for mine to show up. matter of fact i'm hating right now. but i loved the pics you showed on the revo. i can't wait until mine gets here. keep the info coming on how things are going. and thanks for telling us about the servo problem cause now i know to center my servos first before i try to break in my revo when it gets here.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:25 PM
bamaracer0

I'm about to get ready to go to my LHS to get a new servo, I'll update ya'll when I get back.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:36 PM
HPIDUDE

get hi-torque ones
Old 07-18-2004, 03:37 PM
bamaracer0

we just got back, we got a futuba(sp?) S3010 it was 19.99 it works, and should hold 'till we can talk to traxxas. The box said hi-torque, but it was the highest, we couldnt afford the highest seeing how it was 55 dollars. We're topping off the battery about to run tank 2.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:00 PM
HondaCRX

^ you think thats alot? Get a JR 8611 servo, they cost ~$100 Thats a lot when you need 14 of them for a 40% scale model airplane!
Old 07-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Q8 RC

yeah man i have them all over my plane

Bader

KUWAIT
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25424.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	154839  
Old 07-18-2004, 04:23 PM
HondaCRX

ORIGINAL: Q8 RC

yeah man i have then all over my plane

Bader

KUWAIT
Planes are great arent they?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18134.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	154842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46616.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	154843  
Old 07-18-2004, 05:23 PM
bamaracer0

ok, tank 2 is done with, the replaced servo corrects itself almost constantly but no excess heat(no heat at all) to the touch, so I dont think its much of a problem anymore. It stalled several time in the beginning, but after a few minutes it ran fine my mom got home with supper right after we got done and started letting it cool, so im eating and when we get done....ON TO TANK 3!
Old 07-18-2004, 07:01 PM
bamaracer0

Just run 3 and 4

3-stalled a couple of times, not a much as 2nd tank, but thats part of the break-in I reckon. We moved out to the dirt road for more room to run it at 1/2 throttle for 3 seconds. I am very impressed at the suspension taking every bump like nothing. Steering was great! So- far this was the best run YET.

4-FULL THROTTLE! accelerated great. It bogged down twice in a row, so we leaned it out slightly. Even though I cannot let it shift into 2nd, it sounds like the transition time is a little quick. I flipped it during this tank, first time. I was turning it around and the back end hit the grass, and apparently that slowed it down and flipped over on its shell....no damage! Stalled once.

I'm charging the starter battery right now, then tank 5 w00t! w00t! 3 seconds full throttle then hold. We'll see how the shifting is
Old 07-18-2004, 09:17 PM
bamaracer0

5th tank is done...ish

this tank was probablly the most problmistic(sp?) of the 5

It would get up and go, but it either wouldnt shift, or shifted right after the wheels got traction on the dirt. We're calling Traxxas tomorrow to talk about the servo, and we'll aks about the shifting also. It also made a rolling throttle sound when it decellerated(sp?).

Well...it is pretty strong, I hit a little hit on the side of the road left by the road graders going WOT and it hit and did a cartwheel or two, landed on its wheels and kept going. I also smacked a rock a little less than the size of your fisted hand, only scratches on the skid plate. Tough truck, if we could get it to shift at all or a little later respectively.

Steering gets twitchy at WOT(duh?) so be careful, my neighbors metal poled mailbox about jumped out at me, then out brick mailbox went after me, crazy stuff.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:44 AM
William Q

i hope that traxxas helps you out with your servo, and give you some good advice about the shifting. please keep the info coming cause i'd really like to know. i'm still waiting for mine to get here. i'm almost to the the point of getting the 1/8th scale mayhem, cause i'm getting tired of waiting for the revo. who am i kidding cause truth be told i'll wait for the revo until X-mas. knock on wood cause i hope it doesn't take that long. i was also thinking about just using one servo on the revo like JR( Z8800T ) speed: .15 sec / torque: 188 oz/in then you won't need two servos and you would save battery power and still have more than enough steering power.
tell me what do you think about using one servo?
Old 07-19-2004, 10:51 AM
HPIDUDE

start one of these threads when you get your mayhem
Old 07-19-2004, 11:12 AM
bamaracer0

I think the dual setup works really good, once I got the futaba s3010 i've had no more problems with the dual servo setup, no heat or anything, and its a straight drop in, its not the highest torque but it works i guess helping each other I have not had anymore battery problems. I think I'm gonna reset to factory settings for tuning this evening, because its running a little too lean I think, it pops when i decelerate.

I'll get back this evening on tuning, then running prolly tuesday. I should have the full review wednesday. [8D]
Old 07-19-2004, 02:56 PM
William Q

that's good that the servo is working now. how long does the receiver battery last? i guess i'm asking during break in how mean times did you recharge the battery that came with revo? cause i heard that the LST batteries for the receiver weren't last but thru 1 or 2 tanks. keep the info coming. oh by the way i was reading on traxxas site. make sure you go thru and tighten everything on the revo to make sure it's tight. people have been having problems with screws not being tighten and stuff coming off, nothing major just small stuff just check it out and see.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:30 PM
bamaracer0

i'll check it out, I have been topping off the battery just any chance I get, starter battery go dead...we have 2 extention cords in the garage, so i just hook both of them up. Since NiMH doesnt get memory or as much it dont hurt to top off.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:10 PM
bamaracer0

6th tank is done...break in is over with!

I'm gonna really get to see what this can do tomorrow at my grandmothers, then run it at home where i have more stuff to work with. I didnt get around to shifting because my grandparents came over for a little while. I flipped it a couple more times, no reported damage.

This truck is holding up good so far, I wanna see what it can do outside of straight line...stop...turn...repeat.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:54 PM
William Q

nice info and glad you got it broken in. keep the info coming and don't forget to let me know how long the receiver battery last before you have to charge it again. i hope it last about 5 tanks of fuel?
Old 07-21-2004, 08:14 PM
Spudnik

bam, is that your first mt. I remember my first. It was all the way back in jan, a savage. Man i have still not broken anything on that truck. can you say rock
Old 07-21-2004, 08:55 PM
bamaracer0

yeah, my first MT.

The other servo died on me, we sent both of them to traxxas today, i'm probablly gonna go pick up another futaba S3010 and use them and have the stokc ones as back-up if they ever decide to die.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:16 PM
RedDawg303

your in luck man, cause i will be willing to trade you my dog for your REVO. thats a great deal when you think about it, there both the same size and both agresive and my dog doesnt need nitro. i want a revo so bad but my birthday isnt till november so im sol for now. my lhs had 4 of them odered but he cancled 3 of them because he had no requests for them, but right when he got the order in he sold it. so somone in my area has a revo, but its not me.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:25 PM
bamaracer0

sure, shoot me a pm and we'll work out the shipping
Old 07-23-2004, 11:20 AM
cdwhocd

probally Matt Kenseth
Old 07-23-2004, 11:48 AM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: N-Rusty17

i want a revo so bad but my birthday isnt till november so im sol for now.
Nah you could get one of those things called a "job" and start saving yourself. It is summer, so it's easier to get a job since you likely do not have school.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:17 PM
RedDawg303

i live in the stix, jobs arent as easy to come by as walking down the street and applying for a job at the local McDonalds. my parents work in the city thats an hour away and i dont drive yet, but as soon as i do i will go up there and get a job at my lhs, i could easily get a job there, since all the people that work there are idiots except for the owner. and i already have a job, i mow the lawn for my cityiot neighbors when there to lazy to do it. but i use that money to maintain the rc's that i currently have.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:27 PM
HPIDUDE

cityiots.... thats funny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.