Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CONFUSED!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 07:06 PM
opeth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CONFUSED!!!!!!

i need help with my rc truck i was driving it and i jit a bump and let go of the gas and **** like that but when it landed it went for like a couple inches and it just stopped. it wont move. so i picked it up, and the tires turned again like nothing was wrong but when i set it on the ground it wouldn't move the tires only move when its off the ground. im thinking theres somthing wrong with the engine but i dont want to **** with it and mess it up more. sooo if u have any ideas about wat might be wrong. please tell me.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:13 PM
creyc

Default RE: CONFUSED!!!!!!

First, what kinda truck is it?

Second, put the truck on the ground and hold the spur gear in place with your finger. Push the truck backwards to see if it wants to try to move the gear under your finger. It should as long as nothing is wrong with the differential. Also, make sure the clutch bell spins freely and the gear mesh is correct. Sometimes a hard landing and loose engine screws can cause the engine to jam into the spur gear and lock the two gears together. Also, when you try to drive forwards, does it sound like the engine is straining or is it just free revving and nothing is moving, like it's in neutral or something.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:47 PM
supernova803

I have no idea, but opeth is cool. hope that helps. lol
Old 09-12-2004, 04:24 PM
G1GY

Check to see if the set screws on the drive cups(from tranny to diffs) haven't come loose or fallen out.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Roadhog2K4

was it still running?
Old 09-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: opeth

i need help with my rc truck i was driving it and i jit a bump and let go of the gas and **** like that but when it landed it went for like a couple inches and it just stopped. it wont move. so i picked it up, and the tires turned again like nothing was wrong but when i set it on the ground it wouldn't move the tires only move when its off the ground. im thinking theres somthing wrong with the engine but i dont want to **** with it and mess it up more. sooo if u have any ideas about wat might be wrong. please tell me.
Hmmm... It seems like an obvious spur gear problem... Either it is stripped or the motor moved.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:00 PM
opeth

futaba i believe. and yeah it sounds like its just revving up its wierd. and i checked the gears and there not stripped im sure of it. and i cant checked wat u siad creyc b/c i dont have any batteries for my remote. so as soon as i can try that ill tell u. and every1 else the same.

HELL YEAH OPETH IS BADASS!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Element

ORIGINAL: opeth

HELL YEAH OPETH IS BADASS!!!!!!!!!
[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 09-14-2004, 09:38 PM
KICKINDIRT

Also make sure the flywheel nut is tight or the slipper clutch is properly tightened. It sounds like the diff is stripped,because it will turn the wheels when lifted off the ground,but when you set it down nothing happens
Old 09-14-2004, 09:48 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: KICKINDIRT

It sounds like the diff is stripped,because it will turn the wheels when lifted off the ground,but when you set it down nothing happens
There is no center diff, and it isn't gonna strip them BOTH at EXACTLY the same time. If only one stripped, it would move when on the ground.

I know he says he doesn't see damage but remeber, the spur's edges will wear down, don't look for missing teeth...