Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Choose your weapon

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 04:59 PM
repete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Choose your weapon

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

Speed and Useable track power are 2 different things.

I could care less about more top end...the RB .28 has too much low and mid power for my driving.

A Fantom in the same vehicle might pull 2-3 more mph, but you better believe the down low power is going to win a race out of a corner, not top end. It's the low end power that allows you to mash the throttle and fly over jumps far enough, not top end.

I was joking about rebuilds after 1 gallon...got you guys all riled up though.
...the picco .26's, fantom .27's, sirio .27's dont have any trouble down low...

from what i have seen from the zillions of BB"s i have seen run in MT..they are all about even when it comes too corner exit power..cause they all break the tires loose and want to wheelie..its the mid and top power that serparates them...
Old 10-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Melancholy43920

hey lst, how about the NX76 .46 that comes in the CEN Genesis? the specs show it at 5hp @ 23,000 rpm which i'm assuming means massive tq. i don't know how you'd go about adapting that engine to another truck but once you got it figured out i'm sure it would not only tie your driveshafts in knots, but probably your chassis too.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:26 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: lstman

what is the most powerful .28 on the bottom end tourque? i want to snap the friggen tires clean off the truck. i mean tie the driveshafts in knots. i actually want to soil myself when i punch the throttle!!
Thats the RB .28!
Old 10-22-2004, 08:13 PM
lstman

is that pictured above?
Old 10-23-2004, 03:05 AM
Melancholy43920

[link=http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?part_id=2334]whoo hoo![/link]

yes i know you'd have to upgrade everything on the T-Maxx but ooooooh what fun it would be to run that engine

says it works on LST's also
Old 10-23-2004, 10:31 AM
worship_my_model98
My Feedback: (-1)

mach .26 with a hemi head and an r/b supercharger[>:]who has one, i do
Old 10-23-2004, 12:23 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

whened u get that, i wanna see what a hemi head looks like.

i would say OFNA force .26 but its not there, so o well
Old 10-23-2004, 01:55 PM
lstman

yes. pics please.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:24 AM
Johnny Ripper
My Feedback: (3)

This is what a top fuel Hemi head looks like. (8000 horsepower) Top fuel nitro is soo strong that it will burn nose and make your eyes water. But if you get the right wiff, Damn that stuff smells good!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37465.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	186396   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24767.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	186397  
Old 10-27-2004, 03:46 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: Bash Master

This is what a top fuel Hemi head looks like. (8000 horsepower) Top fuel nitro is soo strong that it will burn nose and make your eyes water. But if you get the right wiff, Damn that stuff s mells good!

Several fuel companies (R/C of course) use World Wide Racing Fuels' nitro... which is 100% nitro. I have taken wiffs of it myself, but it doesn't burn your nose. The vapors are extremely harmful, but they dont "burn" or give a burning sensation. This is what my uncle uses for headers in his SB Chevy Econorail dragster: http://www.stahlheaders.com/JpgFiles/m134.jpg He loves WWRF's nitromethane and methanol. He is pushing around 600-650 hp in it right now, he is pretty conservative with this SB 350. He may not race top fuel cars, but he does take the win about 30% of the times he races. Top fuel has to be one of the most expensive classes along with funny car... they rebuild the engine after every 1/4 mile it touches. And not to mention, a set of rear tires averages 5-7000 bucks.

I dono if u were showing that Larry Dixon had a hemi... but that would be incorrect if thats what u were hinting... he has the awesome bowtie (chevrolet). Snake Racing only uses GM engines
Old 10-27-2004, 04:19 PM
lstman

i dont know what the hell either of you are talking about!!![&o]. you guys lost me with the drag car stuff.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:23 PM
Kemo

Nitromethane... 1 of the elements in glow fuel for our r/c cars... I still think he is one of those guys who just reads about it, watches it, and then thinks he can do it too. "But if you get the right wiff, Damn that stuff smells good!" any racer or mechanic would know to not even try to smell it. Then again, in this case, Bash Master would be the only exception
Old 10-27-2004, 07:25 PM
Johnny Ripper

rc411 if you didnt know all top fuel cars are hemi's. lol
Old 10-27-2004, 08:37 PM
ndeepoffroad

bash, i still think you are full of it.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:55 PM
Johnny Ripper

you dont put nitro in any full scale engine unless it ts a hemi built for it. I have never heard of someone putting nitromethane in a chevy engine. the reason top fuel teams use hemi's is because of the cylnder head design. The hemi head will out flow any cylnder head made. More flow = more horsepower. A chevy head can not be ported or a hole head can not be made to flow the amount of air a hemi head, because of the place ment of the pushrods. Have you ever heard of a small block chevy head with offset rockers and push rods? A small block chevy head ported to the max with offset rockers will only flow about 220-230 CFM. that would be a straight drag racing head. wich would only make power from 5500 to about 8500 RPM.

I dont know the exact flow on a top fuel hemi head but i do know that big and small block chevy heads do not flow near the amount of a hemi head. A set of top fuel hemi heads can cost over 60,000 dollers. A fuel engine these days can make nearly 8000 horse power (about 1000 horsepower per cylnder). there is no bowtie that could handle that. no even a custom built bowtie. The reason a hemi engine can handle that amount of power is because of all the aftermarket parts. First the block is CNC'ed out of billet aluminum. billet pistons, billet conecting rods, billet steel alloy crankshaft, and billet cylnder heads that are twice as thick as stock. I seen a fuel head on a flow bench, when they kicked the fuel on it looked like a fire hose was put in the port. The intake valves are a little bigger tha the bottom than a soda can. The exhaust valves are about the same size as the bottom of a soda can.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:15 PM
Kemo

Thats a shame, because drag racers add nitromethane all the time to their fuels. Its like an oxidizer, not like nitrous. For the Miller team that wins more often than other teams... that bowtie must be doing something right. They too, have nitromethane added to their fuel so their fuel burns quicker/better for a benefit.

What you are doing here, is comparing a small block econorail to a top fuel car... not even comparable.

Nitromethane is used in most drag racing applications (from pro on up to top fuels), not just "hemi head" equip'd engines. And I dono if you are just dull or dense, but there are parts and upgrades for any engine out there in drag racing. Hemi isnt the only one CNC'd, many teams also MAKE their own parts. U cant tell me that Hemi is the only top fuel engine, because the Chevy's have been winning quite a bit lately. I know they have the same hemi head design, but the rest is just a GM block... or so they claim. Basically, they are just home mades with names stamped on them with hemi heads.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Johnny Ripper

rc411 you are just plain stupid if you think that they have chevy engines in fuel cars. You are a waste of my time because obeously you have zero engine knowlage.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:27 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: Bash Master

rc411 you are just plain stupid if you think that they have chevy engines in fuel cars. You are a waste of my time because obeously you have zero engine knowlage.

None huh? well as quoted from www.snakeracing.com, the racing team that Larry Dixon is on... the top fuel racer... the Miller dragster... " Larry Dixon's Top Fuel dragster team has also been proud to be associated with Chevrolet, putting the signature "bowtie" in the Winner's Circle 24 times since the 1998 season." After your comment you clearly made... there is no possible way that you are what you claim to be chief. Go here if you dont belive me: http://www.snakeracing.com/sponsors/sponsors.asp
Old 10-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Johnny Ripper

lol, catch is its not realy a chevy its a hemi and they call it a chevy.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Kemo

Call it what you want, that would be like calling a duratrax a Ferrari... When SPEED asked him to take a rundown of the "important" engine parts, they are all genuine GM parts, none with the "HEMI" name or design.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Johnny Ripper

the only thing that makes a hemi a hemi is the cylnder heads. top fuel cars use hemi heads or heads with the hemi design.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Kemo

Duh i know that. The 3 engines that are used are Ford, Chrysler and GM pal. Not all of them have this "HEMI" head, except the fact that most are chrysler, theres a majority there. about 90% of the teams also have TFX provided engines, which I can see why, one of the winningest companies for power. U also said that a sb chev couldnt run with nitro... what are other teams doing out there then? kicking rocks? There are other head designs out there u know, not just a Hemi brand head.

-End, the topics out of hand as it is... last thing i need is [waiting approval] or whatever it is
Old 10-27-2004, 11:00 PM
Johnny Ripper

hemi head is the ultimate cylnder head. All dragsters and funny cars use hemi heads. im done arguing.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:17 PM
Hpi_mt2

see he was right, there are Chevy SB's in top fuel
Old 10-27-2004, 11:23 PM
Johnny Ripper

what are you talking about (HPI mt2)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.