smashn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What can beat a Savage SS

lol[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 11-16-2004, 08:37 AM
AJ DRAGON

You would think that if some one was going to brag that there car or truck could reach speeds of 74MPH they would have a video camera around to record there vehicle actually doing those speeds and what the radar gun said there speed was. Your word just is not good enough. Give use some proof like a video showing a radar gun clocking your truck. If you cant give use some proof keep your B.S. to your self.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:57 AM
RayRayraycer20

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^what he said...

Dont rule out the mammoth...
My neighbor has a savage25, I beat him everytime in a drag race.
as far as jumping they both do well...but the mammoth seem's more stable and controllable.[8D]
Old 11-16-2004, 09:29 AM
travis28379

Yea i like the revo..... if i was you i would get the revo u can find all kinds of hopups and all the replacement parts u will ever need.

Havent really been into Nitro MT latley. Revo will kill the savage.

}{unter
Old 11-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Mr. Furious

The Savage is hands down the toughest truck out there. You can do things to the Savage that will cripple almost any truck on the market. If you want a tough truck that's hard to break, go with the Savage. If you want a fast truck that will win a drag race, the Mammoth is a good choice but it needs a lot of upgrades to get it even close to the durability of the Savage. If you truly want to have something to brag about, buy the same truck as your bud, set up the same way as your bud and then proceed to whip the pants off your bud to show him who the man is. I think if you go with another truck you may find that it's faster or climbs better or handles the track better but you may also find that you spend a lot of time wrenching on yours while he drives his Savage. I speak from experience. My first Monster was a Savage 21. I drove that thing like I stole it and never broke a part. I did some shameful things to that truck.....I got bored and tried some others and found that nothing is as tough as a Savage. Other trucks can be but they usually wind up with about $400 to $500 in aftermarket parts to make them that tough. The REVO may be the exception to that though. I've heard lots of good things about that truck as far as durability goes. But remember that the REVO is a lighter and smaller truck with a much smaller engine. The 2.5r is a fantastic mill but there is no replacement for displacement. The grunt of a big block equals big grin from ear to ear. The LST is a very nice truck but there have been so many problems with the early runs that I would be hesitant to buy one. Check out some of the LST posts....lots of $600 shelf queens due to poor quality drive line parts and no spares available. Give Losi some time to reengineer the weak parts and put them on the production trucks before you go LST. To sum it all up....I had a Savage that I couldn't break and sold it to try some other trucks....Now the other trucks are gone and I have a Savage SS again.......
Old 12-13-2004, 05:55 PM
dyehardpb450

definetly get a mammoth. its a monster truck, so it will be a moster truck vs. monster truck. the mammoth goes 50+.[>:]
Old 12-13-2004, 09:21 PM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

Just get this Monster Truck, and then you can say you have the biggest & strongest MT around.

[link=http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?session_id=ktlxgodaovsjolccnehsxesahxiohl es&part_id=602]1/4 Scale Monster Truck[/link]

Old 12-13-2004, 10:47 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

Buy a used Savage for cheap, then buy a brand new XTM 24.7 pro or a Picco .26 and you will stomp your friends Savage plus you will have equal durability. If you buy a different truck your friend will start taking 20ft high jumps and you wonte beable to and then he will be laughing at you cause you break your truck all the time. Savage is the only way to go for ur friend not having any bragging rights. Savage is the most durable truck, cant go wrong if your a basher.

I will sell you my Savage for cheap and you can buy a brand new XTM 24.7 pro and come around the same price of buying a stock brand new Savage acept you will be getting a better truck for less moeny plus you will have a spare engine and i have quite a few hop ups as a bonus. Cant go wrong. Also a HPI ribbed pipe, a 1200 hump battery pack, a nicid charger, plus a cd/dc charger to charge the battery for the roto start, plus a moter saver air filter, plus alot of other stuff.

You would be paying like 500$ to buy a stock brand new savage and a glow starter and battery packs and charger. Plus if you want a faster Savage then your friend u will be paying another 180$ for an engine, thats 680$ total when you could buy my used Savage and a XTM pro and it comes with all the batterys and chargers and glow startrrs plus hop ups for cheaper for around 450$.

If you plan on buying a brand new Savage just to pull the engine out and replace it with a better one you are stupid and will be wasting tons of money.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Tyler24

1/4 scale is jsut way to expensive, its way too big unless your in to that kind of stuff, and parts are probably hard to find, i mean you can probably get on that thing and drive it around town
Old 12-29-2004, 02:16 PM
RRR
My Feedback: (30)

My Thunder Quake out ran and handeled better then my Savages(.21&.25) and I was still running the stock To Big/To Heavy tires.But the Savage is tuff
Old 12-29-2004, 02:20 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: lstman

dare i say the lst? without getting jumped on by everyone? stock for stock i kill them. its a .26 vs a .25.
my old lst spanked on a savage ss, as far as handleing i killed him! but the motors were close we never really drag raced that much
Old 12-30-2004, 09:26 AM
BigBoyLST

dude theres only one monster truck that is most worthy of getting and its the LST. the reason of my choice is because the lst can go on terrian that a savage, revo, or war head would be stuck,also it has a big engine and huge tires.what more could you ask for.

PS it has a spin start system which means no more pulling trucks over with pull start, ohyeah dual steering servos and 2 high performance brakes.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:17 AM
Savage_Dias

I'd really like to see this impassable terrain LST owners are talking about.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:19 AM
supernova803

People are just going to say the truck they own. I've driven many of these trucks and I'll give you may observations.

LST- Good Torque, Tires are horrible, great radio, OK speed.
Savage 25- Best Jumper, Good torque, Mild top end
Revo- Fast, low end throttle response is bad, Looks cool, Comes with a Receiver pack

Hope that helps some.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:25 AM
remten2001

savage killer for me is the tamiya tnx...I owned both..and out of the box the tnx will whoop the savage in speed...durability they are almost both the same.revo is great but it doesnt have the top end speed that the tnx has.For bashing get a tnx and you will beat your friends savage...
Old 12-30-2004, 10:31 AM
supernova803

What? My friends TNX is always breaking the shock mounts.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Brad_1908

I dont own 1, but get an mgt. that will beat the savage ss and has got the same size engine and is good off-road. got the best of all worlds with the mgt
Old 12-30-2004, 03:48 PM
ITHURTZ
Banned

I 3rd the mammoth, only 2 problems that I can think off and 2 very easy solutions to fix em. one prob costs 3$ to fix. the other it varies. fast, can be made faster and is/ can be made to be invincible
Old 12-30-2004, 06:05 PM
EMaxxer05

I do know that the Revo top end (stock) is 37.13 mph according to RCCA. Also, I do know that no matter what nuthing will beat an E-maxx in a torque pull. However, at the same time just about every nitro will beat it at top end. I know my E-maxx does about ~33mph. Also according to RCCA the Savage only does about 35-37mph. Which would make it a pretty good race against a Revo. An E-maxx with a few "doodads" would easily do 37mph and you would still be under the almost $500 for a Revo. E-maxx = $330. So I bet your friend would be really embarassed to lose to an electric in torque and top-end. Otherwise I'de direct you to the LST. However, I'm not liking the outdrives on the LST. They look so cheap (unlike the rest of the truck). It's like Losi built a mansion on top of 4 toothpicks. :my2c:
Old 12-30-2004, 07:05 PM
ITHURTZ
Banned

400$ 52mph mammoth