RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

BIg Block TNX

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 12:32 AM
ScMc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIg Block TNX

Side shot

(battery box cover off for pictures only)

Not bad for a racer...

Custom rear exhaust...

Mods include:
Venom Failsafe
Aitronics 94358 MG steering servo (200 oz torque)
Futaba s9001 throttle servo
Modified Kimbrough #124 Servo Saver
Futaba switch harness with charging jack (in pics you can see the charging plug next to failsafe wires)
Dubro fuel tubing
Zip-tied everything possible
Masher 40 series tires with velocity wheels
Futaba 2pl radio
Custom rear-exit exhaust
Kyosho large fuel filter
Traxxas 5-cell receiver packs x2
Traxxas Big Bore shocks with Losi 50 weight oil

I think thats it. LOTS more coming soon though! At some point I'm going to get a new tuned pipe and run it on the chassis cuz im afraid of landing on the tail and breakin something. Thanks, and any more pic requests are welcome if u want a close up of something. Thanks, ScMc.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:32 AM
Marko70

Looks quite funny with that pipe. You won't have to clean your truck often, right? But landing on the back could really be a prob.

@ Jerry W.: Thx. If you guys understand, what I mean, it's ok. The conversion kit was made by New Era. And what is the "but"? There is no "but"!

@ Rush7: Only the shafts from diff to wheel are made of plastic. The middle drive train is made of steel. With my stock TNX I have no probs with both of them. But I read of a few owners, who break the plastic shafts pretty often. Don't know, what they're doing?! It's not necessary to modify much, when you are using the stock engine. What I like best is the Nova cooling head. This is a must have! Perhaps the shocks, if you jump a lot. That's quite all I think.

Here's a pic of my (nearly) stock TNX:

Old 12-22-2004, 08:42 AM
ScMc

Yah, I will get a new header and tuned pipe and just run it on the chassis at some point...

What pipe are you using and how does it compare to the stock one? Thanks
Old 12-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Rush7
My Feedback: (74)

Thanks for the pics guys. I think that I might just use the Traxxas Big Bore shocks. They are cheaper and what I see from your truck ScMc I think that they will work just fine for what I need. I have 50 weight oil, do you think that it will work okay?
Marko70 - Here is a dumb question for you....... Why are your springs on your shocks covered?
I think that I am going to go ahead and order a few extra shafts just in case. I hate to break something and not have the part and have to wait for it. Especially in a new truck. I am going to place my order on the 26th and I cant wait to get it . I think that the TNX has everything that I am looking for.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Marko70

ORIGINAL: ScMc

... What pipe are you using and how does it compare to the stock one? Thanks
It's a pipe from Conrad, a big German dealer, normally made for .15 engines. There are no pros or cons, it works just like the stock one. Only the shiny optic is great. [8D]

ORIGINAL: Rush7

... Marko70 - Here is a dumb question for you....... Why are your springs on your shocks covered? ...
I drove the TNX for about 5 liters without shock socks. The shocks are nearly destroyed by dust and dirt. So I put the socks on and everything is fine. I'm just waiting for new shocks (Big Bores).
Old 12-22-2004, 12:16 PM
ScMc

50 weight will work fine. Those Big bores are awesome shocks!
Old 12-23-2004, 05:58 PM
uprvr

I was thinking of 1 of these 3 engines for my TNX.. What do you think? I have a nem bb conversion kit on the way...

1.) Picco P3 .26

2.) Fantom .27

3.) Sirio .27

I am open to other choices if you wanna recommend something else. I would like someting that is fairly easy to keep in tune and wont run to hot.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27368.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	206162  
Old 12-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Tnx_4_life

i have no idea bout tuning, but maybe the .27 is abit of an overkill...but i think the sirio would be best of those if it wouldnt mind to you.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:06 PM
Will239

SH (xtm) .28, your driveline might not take it, but its a good choice over those other 3 engines. Its got heaps of power and runs in the low 220's
Old 12-23-2004, 09:32 PM
remten2001

I agree that a .25 engine or higher might be overkill...I read on a tnx forum somone running a hyper 8 port and has no problem with diffs or tranny gears...Even the OS.21 RG would be fine...Don't bother about the ratings of the RG OS always rate there engine lower than they really are....