Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Schumacher Havoc & Lightning GT help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Schumacher Havoc & Lightning GT help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 05:08 AM
Mr Angry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schumacher Havoc & Lightning GT help

Hi guys/girls

I was hopeing that someone on here might have a bit of experience with the schumacher havoc.. Im thinking about getting myself one..
Ive had most of the popular trucks but im after somthing a bit different.
I have 3 trucks in mind to get

Hellfire
Lightning GT
Havoc

Im only after somthing to bash about with so i think that rules out the hellfire as its alot of cost to spend on a basher,

So its between the lightningGT And the havoc.. Because im just after somthing to have some fun with i wouldant mind it popping some wheelies I know the GT has a LCG so it might be a bit more difficult to get it to wheelie Ive got a picco P3 that i could put into it and maybe that might help to make it wheelie..

The havoc Ive seen some vids of it and it looks to be an impressive jumper and it wheelies too my problems with this truck is

Im not keen on drillstarts, Which could have the back plate or engine changed
Shumcher have used that dodgy star screw kit instead of normal hexes, Could swap it over for a notmal hex screw kit
One of the things that does bother me is that thier doesant seem to be any support on the main chassie no chassie supports no ridges to strenghten.. So im wondering if the chassie will bend after having a bad landing..
Other than those parts i really like the look of the havoc.

Can anyone help me make up my mind..?
Cheers Andy
Old 12-27-2005, 11:20 AM
nitrohead5300

Default RE: Schumacher Havoc & Lightning GT help

Go to this website for info on Schumacher products http://www.racing-cars.com
Old 12-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Mr Angry

Hi yep ive been thier i was hopeing to speak to someone who has had some experience with these trucks..
Cheers Andy
Old 06-04-2006, 05:43 AM
bobohead

If you want a chassis brace set for the havoc, you can get one from schumacher. Part number is u2963. I've got a havoc. It's a great truck.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:45 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not sure about the Havoc - it seems like there just aren't that many out there. If you look around there are a few vids from Australia with Havocs..

I think they look cool, they must be fast as hell, but living in Germany I'd have some concerns about part availability. You're in the "home country" though ,so you shouldn't have problems.

Price-wise too they're not THAT cheap - the RTR comes with a dumb radio, so by the time you got it all together, it's basically the price of a Savage or MTA4 28.

Don't know what kind of experience you have, but for bashing fun and wheelies and reliability and toughness and jumps and so on, those two are probably the best way to go...

As for the HB Lightning GT, I'm also trying to find out more about it. Think it looks like an interesting possibility... But cuz of the single shocks and light-looking arms, I don't know how it would stand up to big jumps... There's one on auction here in Germany I'm keeping my eye on, but not knowing that much about them I don't know how high I'd be willing to go really....

If it's really down to those two, because - ESPECIALLY because - they're not THAT popular, it might be a good idea to start by seeing what your LHS has. Being more or less unproven, LHS support should probably be high on your list of factors to consider.. Would be, - um, well, IS - high on mine..

Here's a website with some cool (but short) video clips, including some with Havocs..:

http://www.driftfactory.de/randseite.html

Think if you go to the vids here on rcuniverse, maybe you can find some of those Aussie vids.

EDIT - Sorry, just saw you've had the other MT's...
Old 06-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Chronic

The Havoc is going to be the best one for your stated purposes. Wheelies? The Havoc is rear wheel drive, where the other two are 4wd but they have center diffs. The Havoc has beefy suspension components and considering it is marketed as a "stunt truck".... the other two are more race oriented rigs.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:47 PM
WO

I looked at the havoc today and it is very well built. Here in the Desert we need four wheel drive in most places. Keep it on dirt and it should fly. wo
Old 06-29-2006, 10:50 PM
WO

What do you guys like to run over there in Germany? Here in California they sell everything and they all break. wo