Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Is it ok to run savage 21 on sand?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Is it ok to run savage 21 on sand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 01:21 PM
gearhead22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it ok to run savage 21 on sand?

Nice Pic Adeoliver!

Next stop, PISMO!
Old 06-16-2003, 06:20 PM
Justintoxicated

Originally posted by gearhead22
Hey Shark,

Have you got paddles yet? I am thinking about just running them in the rear to keep more of the sand behind. I bet it will rooster something fearce.
I went with Panthers cause they got bigger scoops.

http://www.carttonic.com/catalog/ind...92&pi_id=13272
How does it run with those? i know too many paddles or to large of scoops can actually slow you down if not needed. As long as they track good and don't give alot of wheel spin I would think they should be fine.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:10 PM
gearhead22

I haven't got them yet. Just ordered them yesterday. I have lot's of sand as well since I live by the bay. Should be here in a week or less.

I found that on my YZ250 that until I was on the gas and digging in, paddles were terrible. You were like hopping along and the bike felt like it was all over the place. The twist the throttle and let the magic begin. I was the fastest thing out there until I dropped into a valley and landed on my head (hard to tell when your railing, about a 15 ft drop, ooof!). Braking was a touchy subject as well. Grab a handful of front brake and, WHAM!

I ran with regular (Tmaxx stock) tires and had a blast as well. Not much roost but ton-o-fun. Beaches have a lot of really cool obstacles
Old 06-17-2003, 01:57 AM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Originally posted by Unstable
just a tip.

tear down the truck regularly and check for wear and clean it out.

sand sneeking into the wheel hub can give you a suprise later on if not caught soon enough.

I would try to seal up as much of the truck I could. maybe even as far as getting "boots" for the drive shafts and stuff (esp shocks) to keep the grit out. and shield the clutch bell. thats another area were a tiny bit of sand can make your life interesting real quick.
Check 1.. 2.. and 3.. These are all good tips, Ive done all that on my truck cept the spur gear, theres no need for it IMO, have never had a problem and dont figure I will. Its a good tip if yould like the security.