Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

HELP! SHOULD I NOT EVEN OPEN THE WARHEAD BOX AND SEND IT BACK?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

HELP! SHOULD I NOT EVEN OPEN THE WARHEAD BOX AND SEND IT BACK?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 09:18 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP! SHOULD I NOT EVEN OPEN THE WARHEAD BOX AND SEND IT BACK?

It's a dtx, send it back.

I agree with a mgt...best outta the box.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Savage_OWNS

im sellin a savage 25 as a matter of fact, pm me if ur interested. if not a stock savage or mgt is probably the way to go just read stuff on the forums and listen to the majority
Old 08-26-2006, 09:39 PM
snowman9496

i am going to make this short . i had a wh and here is my opion on it .the biggest piece of crap i ever own !!!!!! just my two cents! oh how about tmaxx 3.3?
Old 08-28-2006, 02:32 PM
mrpman

Thanks for the Inputs.

I sent Back the Warhead and Got an MGT, it arrives today so I can't wait to open the box. I hope the weather holds so I can start to break in the engine.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:14 PM
McFly505

Smart choice.

You won't be sorry.

Just think about all the Tylenol and Tums you won't have to buy, cause you didn't keep the Warthead.

Scott
Old 08-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I have heard trucks have some bad critics, but I have in no way ever heard the amount of negativity the Warhead has received from so many different people on so many different forums. 2 of my LHS's have pulled it entirely from their lineup and will not bring anymore in. These are companies that make good money selling parts. They just didn't feel right selling them to their customers.

You guys can defend your Warhead's until you are blue in the face. Bottom line? The majority has spoken, and that message is to stay away...

Never ONCE in the last 5 years has a Nitro MT had such a rocky start. There is no denying that. Facts support that statement. I even remember reading the RCCA or RC Driver review, and they had to repair it twice during their test drive and it was given a low reliability rating.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: mrpman

Thanks for the Inputs.

I sent Back the Warhead and Got an MGT, it arrives today so I can't wait to open the box. I hope the weather holds so I can start to break in the engine.
Good for you!!! I just picked up a used MGT 4.6 SE from Ebay and I have absolutely no reservations about it and am excited to give it some wheel time.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:27 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Just saw the thread. YES. I got one when they first came out and what a pain in the butt it was. Slow, broke easy, no good at all. Nice concept, alloy shocks, yata yata, but it did'nt deliver. I am sure the 200 pages of beyatching in the warhead thread will give you an idea of what I went through.

At least I was able to unload it on ebay for a small loss.

Duratrax Blows IMO I had an evader st and it sucked too. Very brittle. They jaded me for sure.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Wide Open

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

I have heard trucks have some bad critics, but I have in no way ever heard the amount of negativity the Warhead has received from so many different people on so many different forums. 2 of my LHS's have pulled it entirely from their lineup and will not bring anymore in. These are companies that make good money selling parts. They just didn't feel right selling them to their customers.

You guys can defend your Warhead's until you are blue in the face. Bottom line? The majority has spoken, and that message is to stay away...

Never ONCE in the last 5 years has a Nitro MT had such a rocky start. There is no denying that. Facts support that statement. I even remember reading the RCCA or RC Driver review, and they had to repair it twice during their test drive and it was given a low reliability rating.
thank you for explaining it better than i can
Old 08-29-2006, 01:28 AM
86atrack4

When novice r/cers and a WH come together=a bad combination, I guess! I will agree that the engine, and radio were problems that alot suffered, broken parts haven't seen many myself. Cold weather was the common temp when people were braking parts.

Back when I ordered my WH I knew I was going to change alot of things with it, radio, engine, get rid of reverse change the tires/wheels. This may have something to do with it being good to me for the most part. I had some problems with the tranny OWB twice, but not bad for almost 9months of running and about 6 gallons of fuel. Not one problem with the plastic spur, I did replace it not for stripping , but for normal wear It will wear over 6 months. I did get rid of the header tank and later switched to the smaller race tank, I still have a problem chasing needles at times, it seems to happen when the tank is really full. When I had my tmaxx with a picco 26 I had the same kinda problem with the stock fuel tank and eventually replaced with a 1/8 buggy tank. When DT comes out with a updated racing tank will see how that goes and if it has a different p/u and baffling.

This last friday I raced the WH and I did have alittle trouble with it getting hot and flaming out but did finish 2 heats with no broken parts. After I was done with the second heat a guy came up to me and said" what kind of truck is that". I said the WH, and the first thing out of his mouth was isn't that a POS and I told him what did you think after seen it in action he replied Didn't look like a POS to me.

The majority has spoken and that is fine I don't mind being the only WH owner at the race track I go to. If more people would see a WH set up like mine I think some would have some positive comments also. Alot of negativity has come from those who never seen a WH run, just read.

I went as far as to offer to help the guy who started"anyone own a warhead" thread he only lives about 50 miles from me. I wanted to show him how mine was running and to see if we could get his to run good also, he said he would meet meet at a hs, but never showed so that was his loss.

So to end this, I won't defend the WH anymore I'm just going to keep doing what Ive been doing. I will race it again cuz the handling iiiiiiiiiissssssss ssssssoooooo ggggoooooddddd!
Old 08-29-2006, 11:04 AM
McFly505

ORIGINAL: 86atrack4

So to end this, I won't defend the WH anymore I'm just going to keep doing what Ive been doing. I will race it again cuz the handling iiiiiiiiiissssssss ssssssoooooo ggggoooooddddd!
Thank you and good luck with your Warthead.

Scott
Old 08-29-2006, 11:38 AM
redfox03

i was about to get a warhead until my lhs owner told me not to. she steered me clear of it. but i do plan on buying the shocks that come on the warhead to put on my mgt. those do look like some good shocks.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:45 PM
duckedup

I thought about doing the same thing but i think the Warhead shocks are long like the Savage, not sure though.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Wide Open

and they leak
Old 08-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Rice_slayer

Bull spit! mine dont leak. they are the best part on the entire truck to me .
Old 08-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Wide Open

thats weird. mine literally leaked out overnight.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:00 PM
WeekendRC

Are you all still upset with the Warhead... Its one of the better bashing trucks out there. Yes there were problems but the REVO and SAVAGE have their problems too. Mabe not as many but they are on their 2nd and 5th version. Warhead is still on version 1 and 2 will be out in a few months. I beat the s^%t out of my Warhead and run with the TMaxx's at the local track. Great balance in the air and over the bumps... you all sold them and gave up on it too quick. 9 months now and I am still on my first spur gear and servo saver...

(Now for your bashing)
Old 08-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Wide Open

ORIGINAL: WeekendRC

Are you all still upset with the Warhead...
yep, not sure if ill ever get over that thing. if it makes you feel better i will give it the handling, its just a little better than my mgt. but truthfully i must say my stock mgt outshines it in all the other areas.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:12 PM
WeekendRC

I was bitter in the beginning but have grown since. I will agree that the best thing for that truck would have been if it were a kit. The child labor over in Japan wasn't strong enough to tighten the screws well and that let to lots of part failures. It was also released in the winter when parts were more brittle. Release it in the summer and ALL or our experiences would have been different. I still want a Revo and Tmaxx but will not get rid of the Warhead. BTW I still have a Midnight Pumpkin from 17 years ago...

ORIGINAL: Wide Open

ORIGINAL: WeekendRC

Are you all still upset with the Warhead...
yep, not sure if ill ever get over that thing. if it makes you feel better i will give it the handling, its just a little better than my mgt. but truthfully i must say my stock mgt outshines it in all the other areas.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:59 PM
Wide Open

ive heard rumors about some new warhead evo coming out. by any chance do you know what they did to it? hopefully it wont break as easily.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:40 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: Wide Open

ive heard rumors about some new warhead evo coming out. by any chance do you know what they did to it? hopefully it wont break as easily.
Here's the link [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001130569&I=LXNKP1**&P=K]EVO[/link]... I haven't owned one so I'm not sure what the differences are but there's more info on it now.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:01 AM
WeekendRC

The only difference I see is the engine name. Supertiger Supertigre 27CS instead of 27CX. I am sure and hope they made some upgrades like a 3-Shoe and a FM Radio. We will only have to wait and find out.

Nope it still says AM
Old 09-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Wide Open

strange, i dont even see the point. they only changed the engine. what about the tuning problems with the large tank? the cvd's? that am radio?
Old 09-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

My vote is the LST2. The best thing I like about it is the mechanical switch on the trans that switches it from 2 low gears to 2 high gears. I have had mine for one year now and NO PROBLEMS.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Coupe420

seems that the only WH's i see are setup to race on-road. why? because it handles great, and cant be jumped is all i can figure. I have never even seen one playing with the bigboys......

But if the time ever comes, ill tell u guys how much better my savage x really is......

nevermind prolly wont happen, just buy a savage x and see for yourself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.