Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

HELP! SHOULD I NOT EVEN OPEN THE WARHEAD BOX AND SEND IT BACK?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

HELP! SHOULD I NOT EVEN OPEN THE WARHEAD BOX AND SEND IT BACK?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 07:17 AM
WeekendRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP! SHOULD I NOT EVEN OPEN THE WARHEAD BOX AND SEND IT BACK?

I take mine on the track all the time. Run with tmaxx's, etc. The best thing about the Warhead is the handeling. Jumps... smooth as hell. The people who race it on the street are the ones who break them. Get a 4tec if you want to stay on the street. There are videos out there on the WH's jumping. I'll see if I can find a camera when I hit the track this Wednesday.

Oh yea, she's almost all stock. Upgraded Clutch & Radio.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:00 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id send it back... ive looked closely at the warhead and i dont like it. looks like a savage spin off and i dislike the savage too.
the lst is a good truck, i have one, but i like to upgrade my trucks and that being said the revo stomps all!!
go ahead and flame me, ill take any challenge you can put up. big air, handleing, acceleration, or top speed my revo owns all! well except for racing on a track, im no good at that...
you can upgrade any of the other monster trucks and still not hang... im running a novarossi 528xr in a 9 pound truck thats tough as nails! i cant ever go full throttle, even at wicked high speeds.. it just flips over! maybe some people wont like that but anything less in my opinion is unacceptable.
i have vid for the non believers...

but stock trucks who knows... i dont run stock trucks, never have. well maybe the first couple days after i get it!!
this is the only place i see people taking about how good the mgt is... looks like a tmaxx to me. but i guess its cheap if thats what your looking for! lol..

ive seen several lst guys convert to revos who argued with me non stop about how good their truck were. now i see them in the traxxas area asking revo questions..
if ya wanna race get a buggy or truggy, if your gonna bash revo no question. maybe a lst, but mine breaks too much for my tastes. ohh and it looks slow!

just my opinion.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Rice_slayer

I've also noticed, dont flame me, but all traxxas fans i have encountered are block headed, and anything thats not a traxxas is crap. I currently own 3 cars, 2 team losi's and 1 duratrax, and i like all 3. I plan on getting a buggy to race(not sure what make) but a electric one. I love my warhead, no matter what its a great truck.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:55 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: Rice_slayer

I've also noticed, dont flame me, but all traxxas fans i have encountered are block headed, ......
lol.... no comment
Old 09-04-2006, 06:58 PM
WeekendRC

I don't have a REVO but my LHS and people who run them at the track I go to tell me about the problems they have... The same if not more then the Warhead. Its the hobby. You don't want to break and repair and upgrade... collect coins instead.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:01 PM
revopqrs

ORIGINAL: Rice_slayer

I've also noticed, dont flame me, but all traxxas fans i have encountered are block headed, and anything thats not a traxxas is crap. I currently own 3 cars, 2 team losi's and 1 duratrax, and i like all 3. I plan on getting a buggy to race(not sure what make) but a electric one. I love my warhead, no matter what its a great truck.

block headed? if one of the other trucks was better than my revo id be driving it! dude lets see your bad ride..... i stated that my upgraded revo will stomp the **** outta most any truck in a drag race, jumping contest, or top speed... sure every truck will break, im not sayin they wont. but less is better!
you sound like a block head, show me how bad your truck is and ill do the same! you skeered? i also have a lst that i dont care for too much, way to heavy to bash on. it breaks all the time.
you sound like ya dont wanna hear the truth! ive been playing with these toy since the early 80s, ive had alot of em. traxxas is making top notch trucks these days! losi has let me down a couple times now... mini lst.. yuk! just got rid of mine with a brushless set up. dura trash is low man on the totem pole...
when i ask for advise i like to hear from people who know what theyre talking about from experience.
sorry your such a fan boy of what you have you cant accept the truth! i run with almost every truck nearly every weekend, i know what i said to be fact!
the warhead i havnt ran with, but i dont need to.. ive gotten a close enough look at it to know.
how about you?
heres my revo with the nova with 20/36 gearing(stock is 15/38), i believe in losi terms it would be a plus 5!!!its the white truck... lets see yours? i have plenty more vid if needed. this is just a test day.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...27152753&hl=en
Old 09-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Rice_slayer

jeeze your old enough to be my dad then :P. No im just saying that this truck isnt as bad as everyone says it is for the money. Honestly, if it wasnt for the horrible stock clutch, this thing would be great outta the box. I love mine but like everytruck it has weakness and the ones i have noticed are the bellcranks(mine are now alloy) and the clutch, which im getting the 3 shoe soon. I would bash with you, i bash the daylights outta this thing, i say breaking a part is like a goal for me. But the best part of the hobby that i have encountered in my short 2 year run so far is breaking and fixing. The fixing is the best thing out there and if you have an imagination, you can fix parts without buying anything. Like the CV pins, i just cut screw down to fit into the slot and they last for a while. Also for a young teen like me, a cheap truck is all i could afford,and it has given me lots of happiness, which nis what this hobby is about .
Old 09-04-2006, 09:57 PM
revopqrs

amen brother!! i agree.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:04 PM
duckedup

nice vid revopqrs, that nova looks like it rocks![sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 09-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Rice_slayer

yea, lots of power[X(] Sorry i was such a moron revopqrs, i just hate when people bash the warhead like that. The bad media attention it got too didnt do it anygood. I think if they would have improved those few points i had mentioned, you'd have a great basher at a cheap price
Old 09-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Chronic

I have no problems talking bad about the Warhead. I feel sorry for the people that bought them based on all of the false hype, but what did they really expect considering the track record. The bad media attention was simply a backlash of the inflated claims by the manufacturer. I'm a Savage guy, and this thing was supposed to be the Savage killer. What was all that crap I remember seeing about how it was just as good of a basher and twice the racer? I find great joy in pointing out to those people that it is neither.

The truck is kind of neat though and it sucks that all of the problems are there. I don't have any problems with Warhead owners because most of them know better than to run their mouths, but Duratrax needs to be reminded of this catastrophe every time they turn around.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:10 AM
86atrack4

Have you ever see a WH run? cuz I've seen many savys run and I don't know why people are even still racing those hi cg trucks. A couple of weeks ago I took the WH to race, I did even had a overheating problem(kept flaming out) I just finished 2 heats but the 2 guys running the savys had DNFs, at least I finished with no broken parts I can't say that for them!

ORIGINAL: Chronic

I have no problems talking bad about the Warhead. I feel sorry for the people that bought them based on all of the false hype, but what did they really expect considering the track record. The bad media attention was simply a backlash of the inflated claims by the manufacturer. I'm a Savage guy, and this thing was supposed to be the Savage killer. What was all that crap I remember seeing about how it was just as good of a basher and twice the racer? I find great joy in pointing out to those people that it is neither.

The truck is kind of neat though and it sucks that all of the problems are there. I don't have any problems with Warhead owners because most of them know better than to run their mouths, but Duratrax needs to be reminded of this catastrophe every time they turn around.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:33 AM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: 86atrack4

Have you ever see a WH run? cuz I've seen many savys run and I don't know why people are even still racing those hi cg trucks. A couple of weeks ago I took the WH to race, I did even had a overheating problem(kept flaming out) I just finished 2 heats but the 2 guys running the savys had DNFs, at least I finished with no broken parts I can't say that for them!

Well, I guess anything can happen.... still doesn't change what I said though.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:05 AM
happywing

ORIGINAL: revopqrs

you sound like ya dont wanna hear the truth! ive been playing with these toy since the early 80s, ive had alot of em. traxxas is making top notch trucks these days! losi has let me down a couple times now... mini lst.. yuk! just got rid of mine with a brushless set up. dura trash is low man on the totem pole...
I've been playing since the 80's too. What you have to do is not be blinded by allegiance to one company. Each vehicle has it's purpose and you have to take it for what it is. I have a Revo. It's my race truck and it's great for racing. That said, what other "top-notch" race truck do they make? They don't. If you want to race 1/10 electric, you better get a Losi or Associated. A million dollars worth of upgrades won't make a Rustler race worthy. For the most part, Traxxas makes good economical bashers. I would put the Warhead in this category too. I wouldn't own a T-Maxx or Warhead because I don't bash. You want a race truck? I see Revo's and LST's winning at the track. Want to bash? Get what you can afford and make sure you can get parts.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:11 PM
blackrain

sorry to say any truck with a hot mod nova 28 will be bad ass no matter what it is and you cant compare rpm parts to stock plastic and just about any 1/8 scale truck diffs will hold up a lot longer than the revos. we need more positive talking on here and less bashing others because they like something you dont.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:39 PM
revopqrs

i have no contract with traxxas... i drive what seems to work the best for what i do, notice i have a lst? i dont like it, or the mini lst..
i dont care who makes the truck, if duratrash made the revo id be runnin it! im not really into stadium trucks, but i do have a 3.3 jato and its freakin fast!! and i jump it off the same jump i hit with the revo so ill have to say traxxas made a winner again! im no racer so i have no idea what is best on the track...

another thing about traxxas that impresses me is the quality of the rtr kits, my new jato was perfect out of the box. i didnt have to adjust anything for break in! the shift point was even perfect!! also they use all hex hardware, and the heads dont strip out easily.
i had a cen truck once and the first time out half the freakin screws fell out! ohh and they were phillips heads... yuk! phillips heds are sooo 80s!
im no traxxas fan boy i promise, but my trucks are freaky fast and they can take more of a beating than any other rc ive owned.. so im saying traxxas is doing a good job!
i also mentioned that my truck was modded big time and usually most people end up buying the parts to make their trucks last through the day... so im not comparing it to a stock truck.
who drives a stock truck anyways? well at least after a couple weeks of owning it.
rpm makes great arms for bashers, if they dont make em for your truck i feel sorry for you.. and my diffs hold up just fine thank you! not as big as the diffs in my buggy but guess what? there is about to be some new cases made to fit buggy diffs into the revo so there!! what then?

so just for the record, if you want a truck that can be modded big time and have a better power to weight ratio than any other mt, and you like to beat the living crap outta it get a revo!
thats all im sayin!
if i had a warhead still in the box and was thinkin about returning it, id listen to what people say who can show me proof of the performance of the truck they are talking about. i did, but noone else did? they just attacked my opinion....
some people just seem to hate traxxas and no matter what they are told or shown still wont like em... your loss and revo owners gain!
if the lst was even close to as good as the people around here say it is id be bragging about it instead!
you can put a nova in a savage, lst, warhead, whatever mt, the revo will still run away from it in a race. well not with me driving, but with a racer!! i suck on a track... but i can race in a straight line with the best of em lol..

heres my lst... its nowhere near stock, so its a good comparison to my revo. it loses in every way...
Old 09-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Chronic

Revopqrs, where do you guys run? I'm about 2 hours from you in Wilmington. We have some friends located on the outskirts of Raleigh who we go see occasionally, and it would be nice to have someone up there to bash/race with.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:01 PM
revopqrs

just let me know when your gonna be in the area dude, id love to meet up with ya!! we have a fairly large group of guys here and a killer place to run!
let me know.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Chronic

Cool, sounds good.