RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Hobbytown?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 09:58 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbytown?

has anyone ever used there local hobbytown? is the servise good? prices better than small lhs snobs that charge and arm an a leg?

good selection?

i'm going tomarrow first time?

reson why is my lhs is closed![:@]
Old 02-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Bria1

Default RE: Hobbytown?

The one by me is alright. The people that work there are nice and the prices are ok, not the best, but ok. I got a hobbytown card, so after spending so much, you get a coupon for some money off your next purchase.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:29 PM
duckedup

The people at my local HobbyTown are cool, don't really know much about nitro though... The biggest and best (for selection & knowledge) hobby shop here has nothing but arrogant arses workings there.... So, I either go to HobbyTown or ebay for all my needs, I won't deal with arses
Old 02-10-2007, 10:33 PM
concept1
My Feedback: (2)

mine is pretty new, but the people their are good, and if they don't have it they will get it for me, also best price on fuel I have ever seen, plus when you buy 4 gallons you get one free (any brand or combo) so when I get heli fuel or truck fuel it all counts and I get a free gallon after my fourth, and they give $5 coupons with every $50 purchase
Old 02-10-2007, 10:33 PM
pythonfan

cool
Old 02-10-2007, 11:20 PM
3dcody

hobby town is the bomb i am going sunday have best deals always nice and freindly and will help with anything and will fix things for free (somtimes depends)
Old 02-11-2007, 02:48 AM
OneMoreSuicide

I bought my 1st r/c buggy at a hobbytown in San Antonio, TX.. I liked it, It was big and they had an on road track that they let you use for free.. i broke-in my ultra lx pro there. the guy that helped me was really cool and knew a lot about nitro and electric rc.

The prices aren't the best, they're ok and good when in a bind but if you're strapped for cash then I would order online on eBay or something.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:53 AM
-EXTRA-

Ours is cool
Old 02-11-2007, 09:37 AM
DaveG55

There are 4 hobbytowns within 45 minutes of my house. Just like any other store some are good, some are bad and some are ok. One of them is huge, the people are friendly but not real helpful, one is tiny and the guys there are true jerks, one is medium sized, stocks tons of stuff, the people are friendly, knowledgable and helpful, the 4th is new and I haven'tbeen to it yet. All their prices are about the same but sometimes the bigger store will run some pretty good sales.
I prefer going to my lhs. It's 7 minutes from my house and those guys are the nicest bunch you'll find and they know their stuff too. They keep a real good stock and their prices are usually the same or cheaper than ordering on line - at least once you add shipping to on line stuff.
I don't think it really has anything to do with the name of the store as much as it does the owner/manager and the people that work there, so go check hobbytown out, if you don't like it you don't have to go back.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:16 AM
cooljoe

The local HobbyTown by my work are cool peeps & have good pricing. I give it a [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 02-12-2007, 11:21 AM
pythonfan

well i went to there of the because they were all within a few miles of each other and they all had good prices but only carryed traxxas so i walked out because when i called them i " yes we carry hpi savage/x/ss, yes we have the gst 7.7, yes we have the monster gt" i get ther after 2 hours in the OH we don't carry anything but traxxas" so i left!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:25 PM
redfox03

the hobbytown i go to is alright. LOTS of TRAXXAS stuff there, too bad i don't own anything traxxas except for some screws. other than that it's an alright store. i get my paint and shock/diff oils from there, but go elsewhere for my fuel since they don't carry byron's, o'donnel or sidewinder.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:26 PM
NitroVette

The Hobbytown closest to me is better than I expected, they have a good selection of parts for my Savage, Aftershock, and my son's Mini T. They carry HPI, Losi, Traxxas, Associated, and Duratrax cars and have a good selection of spares and a few hop ups including brushless setups and decent servos. His RTRs are the same or less than Tower and he always has a number of models from each manufacturer in stock including a Baja 5b. They're nice guys and are fairly knowledgeable.

My favorite shop is closer however I end up going to Hobbytown because my LHS either forgets to order what they've promised or they don't stock common spares. On numerous occasions I've asked them to let me pay for an item in advance and they'd say "don't worry I'll get it for you" or "I've got some on order". I'm fortunate to have several cars so a broken part won't prevent me from running but my son only likes to drive his Mini. He's driven my 1/8 buggies before but it's scary ! Minis are perfect for him right now. He loves RC'n and I can't wait a week for brushes or a gear, so I go to Hobbytown. It's too bad because I would rather go the mom and pop LHS . They're really nice guys and extremely knowledgeable however they loose sight of the fact that a set of brushes is far more important to me than eye candy hop ups when the car won't run. The guys at Hobbytown get it, they have an impressive selection of spares for every brand they carry. I'll visit both stores but I guarantee the mom and pop will lose business on things he should stock. What surprised me is that every time I've gone to Hobbytown looking for a replacement part for any brand he carries he's had it. You can't ask for more than that.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:19 PM
mentorman
My Feedback: (2)

A hobby town I frequent is ok, fuel prices are average, sometimes their advice is against my better judgement IMO. But they are OK if you know what you want.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:06 PM
redfox03

the hobbytown i go to here is in germantown, wi. Which is 5 mins away from me, and the guys there are pretty cool. it's a LOT of traxxas and hpi stuff, with a little associated and some losi thrown in for variety. prices are decent, and you get $5 coupons after you spend so much. good store, i buy paint, shock oils, diff oils etc, there. they used to fix r/c's for free and only charge you for what they replace, now it's $20 bucks an hour. other than that, good store. but i wrench on my nitros myself.