Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage break in?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 03:57 AM
Panic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage break in?

I am new to nitro powered monster trucks, and after a lot of research on the internet, i bought a savage 21! I have run two full tanks of gas through the beast at half throttle blasts in a circle just like HPI says to. So my question is what's next and are ther any tips that HPI doesn't give that one of you more knowledgeable nitro truck drivers could give a newbie like me.Thanks!
Old 02-11-2003, 05:35 AM
DAVCOM

Default Savage break in?

i have two nitros and the tmaxxwas done in about 5-6 tanks
i did figure 8s just kept it moving not real fast basically just
keep her moving then make adjustments to high end make sure you see smoke or you will damage motor. it will run to lean and get to hot i dont know what max heat is for your motor but radio shack sells a temp probe about 35 dollars or so and you aim it at your glow plug and like i say what ever the hobby shop says is what i go by
my tmaxx runns about 240degrees and my dominator is not been
run through all the break in yet but its like 5degrees here today..
Old 02-11-2003, 06:30 AM
Panic

Default reply

Thanks a lot davcom, I sure am ready to have it broken in so i can really test it out. I appreciate the good advise and by the way who makes a Dominator?
Old 02-11-2003, 11:58 AM
Brewyet

Default Savage break in?

Panic, we idled the first two tanks through. This takes a while. Be patient. Use break in fuel if you can get some. It is blended for break in. The key when breaking in, is the heat. On your third and fourth tank, make sure that you only blip the throttle and leave yolur body off. Take your time. There will be plenty of time to run Wide Open.

Later......
Old 02-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Panic

Default Savage break in?

I did not idle through the first two tanks hope i didn't mess anything up. It seems that I have a lot of learning to do, and if you have any other tips on break in, or after break in, I sure would appreciate it if you send them to me.THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH!
Old 02-13-2003, 02:31 PM
KIPER

Default Savage break in?

HEY PANIC I DID THE SAME W MY SAVAGE . 2 TANKS AND THEN RAN AROUND FOR AWHILE HALF AND 3/4 THROTTLE ALSO I DIDNT MESS W ADJ ANY SETTINGS JUST WATCH YOUR TEMP I TRYED TO STAY UNDER 225 FOR AWHILE KEEP IT SMOKING . AFTER BREAK IN I NOTICED MINE WILL RUN BETTER AFTER RUNNING 2 TANKS. ONE RIGHT AFTER THE OTHER.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:46 PM
DAVCOM

Default Savage break in?

OFNA makes the dominator its a hyped up pirate. i guess