Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

savage question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 02:46 AM
CHEVY 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage question

Ok,I just bought a savage today.I know I am going to push this truck to its limits once things are broke in good. What are the first things I should upgrade on the chassis to make it less prone to breakage? I want to do this before I even run this truck at all so I dont have to worry as much.And plus I just like taking care of things...Hey I am 35 years old and a newbie at this hobby so cut me some slack here!!! thanks bob
Old 02-28-2003, 03:03 AM
gidzila

Default savage question

Honestly, good luck trying to break it. I've had mine for a good 2 months now, and i thrash the living crap outta it. So far the only thing i've managed to do is chip the cooling head from landing it on the top. Apart from that, nothing has broken. I run it on asphalt and the rough stuff, i've jumped off 9 foot berms at the local bmx track, i've jumped angled curbs off parking islands (hitting them at close to full pelt) landed on the roof, cartwheeled it and what not, and still nothing breaks. I am well and truly impressed with it. The one thing i haven't tried yet is running it into things and if i ever get into an argument with an immovable object, i'll let you know what happens.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:11 AM
MaxxTurnedSavag

Default savage question

like gidzila said , this things great to bash with , the only thing i break is rear bulkead ears where the turnbuckes mount to , making the rear wheels angle any which way they want , so i just run some screws through the uprights ... a little 3M plastic repair , and were back on the road , the truck is awesome, i didnt lose any coolin fins like everyone else on the stock motor , my ofna .25 tho is missing a complete 1 1/2 of them =)
Old 02-28-2003, 02:12 PM
Unstable

Default savage question

check HPI's site on the recal notice for the uprights...

I had a few break in cold weather but the upgraded ones seem rock solid..

I didnt bother sending back the old ones as they are 5 bucks a set..I think I can afford that.

hpi savage update site
Old 02-28-2003, 02:29 PM
KIPER

Default savage question

UPGRADE ALL 4 DRIVE AXLES I THINK THE COST IS ABOUT 20.00 A PAIR BUT AFTER THAT THEY DONT BREAK OR POP OUT WHEN GETTING BIG AIR OR FLIPPING 10 OR 12 TIMES END OVER END AT FULL SPEED. THESE THINGS ARE TOUGH!!!
Old 02-28-2003, 02:52 PM
Brewyet

Default savage question

Yes, definately replace the dogbones. The oversized Ti ones are really nice. Not the U-joint type, just the dogbones. Stock Savage dogbones are made from a material similar to hip bones with ostoporosis disease. lol
Old 03-01-2003, 12:46 AM
CHEVY 2

Default savage question

Thanks for the info,I cant wait to get rockin over here..........