RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN GST 7.7

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 03:57 AM
ttoks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CEN GST 7.7

read your pm's.

when you signed up to the bored you agreed to keep on topic, since you have deiced to stray from that you are breaking the forum rules.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:51 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now that you have been called out you run to hide behind the rules. Why all of a sudden you want to go private. The forum rules just happens to be convenient. Do you even realize this is NOT the first time I have called out someones knowledge and asked them to back up their claims and they either hide behind some excuse or dont reply. It happens over and over. It always ends up the same way, they cant. So please be the one that CAN! All I ask is back up your claim!! Its that simple, shouldn't be too hard... When you spout as much "info" as you do then once in awhile, you will be asked to back it up or asked where you got that info. It's gonna and has happened....So maybe tempering your "flow" with some wisdom might be a good idea..maybe you understand that or you will understand that better later in life.. maybe not.. but if you are called out and can't back up your claim instantly..it hurts your credibility..as smart YOUNG MAN such as yourself needs all the credibility you can get...and just by writting everything you can think of wont help.. you will have to back it up once ina while. and if you've made a mistake and realize it at some point, then own up to it right away,, thats apart of being a respected man.. but thats up to you.. Am not going to pursue this any further unless you can back up your claims about .28 having more power and torque than the .46 7.7 but be prepared to back up any further claims you make. I will ask!!! and thats not against the rules!!

Just help yourself out and post your sources, I will ask you again!!

We are all hobbyists in it together looking for good info, you have some, just keep it good info..

you have a PM too!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:19 PM
scott_nj74

Wow there are some testy people here i thought this was for informational purposes not for two people battling it out who knows more cant we all just keep our rude comments to ourselves and continue to post for informational purposes?
Old 06-28-2007, 05:24 PM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: ttoks

read the comments on the video, and if your willing to fly to Australia i'll show you what a real 3.3 with a proper tune can do not this 2.5 your pitting the GST against, or if you wanna get smart you can pit it against the RB i'm running, it's half the displacement of your Nemises for a truck thats half as heavy, but my brothers (formally my) 3.3 will do the job nicely.

now thats out of the way, an opinion is fair but being deceitful isn't, you speak of not claiming things about a truck you have never used before, but just judging from what you have said you don't seem to have any knowledge at all of the traxxas, or anything other vehicles at all, and thus are being biased towards the GST just as you say everyone is about everything else, thats what i call a hypocrite, but then you post a video of a .15 engine small block truck pitted against a .46 big block trying to prove the .46 is the fastest there is out there, the least you could of done is find a video of a fair match, or better yet find someone near you of a truck that is a fair match and get a fair video of that.

P.S use sentences, makes it a lot easier to read.

Take your GST...or nemesis...w/e you have and tape a 0-100ft...see what ya get with that mighty 5HP 7.7CC engine.

The Realdogman, got news for ya. Search up the X-dyno chart, you will see the NX-76 makes about 1.59 ( couldn't remember exact number). Nova .28's was at 2.02 HP. Can someone post that X-dyno chart?
Old 06-28-2007, 07:12 PM
The Real Dogman

Post the link when your ready to step up.

Also tell me how a 1.whatever hp motor can push a 16lb truck the way it does as well as pop wheelies all day long.. I say again and again, if you read magazine articles and pass along that info without a healthy sceptisism(sp) and then there really is no validity in your claim. I have searched for the chart but have not found it. I have used google and some of my down and dirty google hack tricks in an attempt to find with no success. So if you want to perpetuate a story without something to back it up then go ahead, just dont expect many people to respect your words.... Now if you can produce the elusive chart, then we will take a close look at the data and testing methods.. I own a CEN .46 and I have seen its awsome power compared to other big blocks, and can HONESTLY atteset to its power.... Can you say the same?? But you fools that seem to talk trash about something you dont or never have owned are just that, fools. I am very happy with CEN!! They do a fantastic job of taking good care of us, the customers, and have a great product. There are many other great products available and they all have good customer service by industry standards, however when a company will replace a pull starter that someone at a LHS broke, free of charge and then when it turns out that the engine suffered catastrophic damage at the hands of the same LHS and replace THAT engine free of charge, you just cant deny it. That is a CEN-tastic company!!! So tell me how bad you think CEN products are and I will ask you for proof. Just maybe someone will have some evidence that CEN did a poor job of making it right. These debates would not even happen if you Nay-sayers would show proof of your claims, So step-up fools Let's see your proof....
Old 06-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

Post the link when your ready to step up.

Also tell me how a 1.whatever hp motor can push a 16lb truck the way it does as well as pop wheelies all day long.. I say again and again, if your read magazine articles and pass along that info without a healthy sceptisism(sp) and then there really is no validity in your claim. I have searched for the chart but have not found it. I have used google and some of my down and dirty google hack tricks in an attempt to find with no success. So if you want to perpetuate a story without something to back it up then go ahead, just dont expect many people to respect your words.... Now if you can produce the elusive chart, then we will take a close look at the data and testing methods.. I own a CEN .46 and I have seen its awsome power compared to other big blocks, and can HONESTLY atteset to its power.... Can you say the same?? But you fools that seem to talk trash about something you dont or never have owned are just that, fools. I am very happy with CEN!! They do a fantastic job of taking good care us the customers and have a great product. There are many other great products available and they all have good customer service by industry standards, however when a company will replace a pull starter that someone at a LHS broke, free of charge and then when it turns out that the engine suffered catastrophic damage at the hands of the same LHS and replace THAT engine free of charge, you just cant deny it. That is a CEN-tastic company!!! So tell me how bad you think CEN products are and I will ask you for proof. Just maybe someone will have some evidence that CEN did a poor job of making it right. These debates would not even happen if you Nay-sayers would show proof of your claims, So step-up fools Let's see your proof....
ya ya thats what im talking about. Kudos to you DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:29 PM
3spdsavage

ROFL....why does it matter what you do for a living? lol....cuz youre a project manager and yada yada yada...didnt wanna get involved but u dogged on my lil bro so i have to. As for teh CEN trucks....they seem to be great....ive never heard ne negatives...i would personally own one...but its hard to find parts for CEN where i live. the engine is powerful but dyno numbers say it all. ive seen those dyno numbers myself on various spots. but still doesnt mean that the truck is slow. as for the whole "Project Manager" thing. cut that out. multi million dollar company?...LOL.....u know what.....I have 5 Project managers and 9 Project supervisors who work for me and call me Boss. mutli million?...i dont even wanna start....we build homes which you cant even dream of. so if you want MR. project manager......ill hire you...you can manage things for my company....and get me lunch...get me coffee...clean my car....take my dogs for a walk. Your job title doesnt mean crap on here...and shoudlnt be broughten up....youre no better than neone on here and would appreciate it that you would keep that in mind...specially when talking to my lil bro. btw...our Project managers...we pay them 60k a year....you aint no baller. stop trying to act like one.

O ya.....i do everything you do for a living x10. and get paid well for it

Original: ttoks

oh sorry 7.45 mm, i was reading the advertised carbie size,
That just proves you can't always believe what you read!!!! I question everything I read Especially magazines They have a specialized adgenda.. If are basing everything you have said about CEN or any other product you have commented on then all your credibility is gone. I'm thinking of buying a dyno to test sevral engines just for peeps that start quoting numbers they have read somewhere.

ttoks what do you do for a living? Just curious who I'm dealing with. Give you a chance to qualify how you seem to know it all.
I will start, I'm a Project Manager at a multi-million dollar millworks firm. So research, assembling facts, reporting facts and creating assembly instructions based on those facts, is my business. Now your turn...

EDIT ADDED: BTW, I find it curious that out of the whole post you picked the part about 5hp to pick on.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:51 PM
The Real Dogman

Your lil bro was acting like a kid and now you wanna chime in and do the same, act like a child boss. The point was not to be a big shot but to impart the importance of HONEST and accurate information. I find it very curious that you chose to do what you want to chastize me for. So while you are saying I am no better than anyone else and i "aint no baller" you are saying you are!! HHMM curious, ok well let ask you then, what type of company is it you have?? You say you build homes, let me ask what type of homes and to what degree do you build, just curious. I have sensed some disengenuine tones in your brother so let's see how genuine you are....

If you are a builder then you should you know what info I am looking for to verify what type of license you hold.

And 60 a year is chump change in Cali. and as home builder you should now that!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:02 PM
ttoks

in case you all are wondering, i'm a 15 year old secondary school student.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:04 PM
The Real Dogman

lol ttok, lol you dont want us to judge you by your age but say that?? curious..

EDIT ADDED: if you fellas are brothers then why do you live in 2 different countries, I know its possible but doesn't make much sense.. Help us understand, something is just not adding up here... your definitely Aussie but your bro does not speak like an aussie, hhmm
Old 06-28-2007, 11:15 PM
ttoks

i don't think he was talking about me actually.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:20 PM
3spdsavage

lol...excuses...you think you are somebody. FYI...ive build numerous homes in Sothern california....the smallest from 5k sqft to our largest project which was a house at 24k sqft. We also have done Condos and actualy starting a 800 unit condo in Southern California. ive been at it for 4 years now and still moving strong. And as for your remark for calling me and my bro bull****ters....sorry to say...we arent that. People invest millions into our company after my presentations and believe in me becuase they i know i deliver on what i promise. I do not comment on things which im not sure about because i wouldnt be where i am if that was the case. so thats my profile. As for the 60k....after that remark....im gonna deduct some money and bring it down to 50k. just keep in mind....youre just and employee.....i run an succesful business. huge difference....u call people like me "boss". welcome to reality....once again....your smart comment didnt go anywhere cuz i know what kinda guy you are. Deal with people like you all day. Best thing do to is.....let you live your life and continue to be an employee.....and we are moving on to the next topic....
Old 06-28-2007, 11:29 PM
The Real Dogman

lol 3spsavage you crack me up!!! lol fantasy!!!

Original ttoks:

I dont really think he was talking about me..
BTW who is your lil bro?? Better yet who's your daddy??? lol lmao I can't stop giggling.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:00 AM
IL2mSturmovik

lol 3spsavage you crack me up!!! lol fantasy!!!

Original ttoks:

I dont really think he was talking about me..
BTW who is your lil bro?? Better yet who's your daddy??? lol lmao I can't stop giggling.

Did you happen to eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid??
SRO
Old 06-29-2007, 12:01 AM
The Real Dogman

Yeah,, why??
Old 06-29-2007, 12:01 AM
IL2mSturmovik

Just checking, lol
Old 06-29-2007, 12:03 AM
The Real Dogman

lol ok!!
Old 06-29-2007, 01:57 AM
derrick05

This has been fun.Glad to see the DOGMAN bite someones head off other than mine.If you have a bad cen experience or dont personally care for their products,you better not mention it on RCU or the dog will attact.This thing is here for EVERYONE to share their experience,likes and dislikes about nitro rc and its a shame that people get pissed off when you dont cater to the brand that they do.By the way,a stock revo,t-maxx or any other traxxas wont touch a nemesis,bashing or otherwise.Its one of those facts of life you will have to accept.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:28 AM
ttoks

do you say that it's a pain when people get all huffy when someone doesn't cater to said brand name, then you say that the nemesis is the best, i hate to inform a stubborn arrogant, hypercritical person such as yourself of how things work, but a stock revo 3.3, t maxx 3.3, and the nemesis are on similar grounds when it comes to strait line speed and acceleration, the nemesis is similar in terms of durability in comparison to the revo (it would actually swing over the the nemesis more then the revo when the comparison is stock vs stock), the revo exceeds the nemesis and maxx in cornering ability, and the revo and maxx far far exceed the nemesis in spare, and after market parts availability, and they are the facts of life that you will have to live with and accept.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:26 AM
scott_nj74

Now i have to say somnething here as far as saying the nemesis is the best maybe in his or her opinion it is i own the gst and a revo 3.3 and hpi firestorm i like them all for different reasons and as far as cen parts stop complaining about parts availibility if your local hobby shop dont have it order it it only takes a few days to get. Please stop trying to compare the small block traxxas truck with cen's big block truck there is no comparison its a different level and you will keep getting bashed if you do, so just cool off and enjoy the hobby and what ever truck or car you own.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:05 AM
ttoks

i'm not sure if your presumptions are blurred scott, but if you read my post once again carefully you will find that i am not bashing, or praising any one truck.

but if you want to go so far as to say the just because the CEN is a big block it is faster, once i manage to get my hands on the x dyno sheet from xtreme rc, i will post it in this thread, to memory the trx 3.3 engine put out .98 hp, compared to the CEN's 1.7 (not to sure on the the 7.7 made (in case your wandering, .46 of a cubic inch is 7.7 cubic centermeters, hence the name 7.7) put out, it is somwhere around 1.5-1.7 hp).

(note also that the actual power made by then engine is different, as each dyno reads hp differantly, but since both power tests were done on the same day, with hte same dyno it provides a good comparison from one engine to the next)

lets assume the best and say the 7.7 put out 1.7 hp, the GST is 17 pounds, the revo is 9 pounds, the CEN is putting out 1.7 hp, and it is 17 pounds, so it has a power to weight ratio os .1 hp per pound, the revo is putting out 0.98 hp then it is putting out 0.109 hp per pound, not that much more at all, so it is safe to assume the revo and CEN will have similar acceleration and top speed, then you get to the handling, 17 pounds is a lot to change direction, a hell of a lot more then 9 pounds, so the CENs turning, despite the huge tires will suffer, but given the CEN's wide stance, this is compensated for, giving then CEN very respectable handling for a truck of it's size, maths doesn't lie the CEN isn't any faster then the revo given both trucks are running the optimal gearing for the engine being used, and both have the suspension set up for the terrain being crossed.

i give congratulations to to CEN on the braking system for the GST, 4 steel disks should work wonders, even on a truck the size of the GST
Old 06-29-2007, 07:19 AM
The Real Dogman

Now ttoks you are making sense!!! however errored the actual numbers maybe. I do defend a great product when people talk trash without apparent proof. CEN has had many people say very negative things about them. Sure they had some major customer service issues early on, but they learned a very hard lesson and have been breaking free from those old day issues. CEN has stepped up there customer service and product line 100 fold. And peole still talk trash based rumors and second hand info. I would do the same for any person, company or product just not CEN. It just so happens the CEN has been making extra efforts to overcome those old days, so they deserve every bit of my or anyone else' support who owns their products even those who dont own. It is entirely the individuals choice who they want to defend or support, but trash talking another manufacturer is NOT right. It's kinda like when someone talks trash about your sister because someone has started a rumor. I would not trash talk about another product because I "heard" something. Only when I have had first hand experience do I stay away from that product. We are all in this hobby together including the manufacturers, they are doing the best they can to provide us with the best product they can for a reasonable price, so each manufacturer deserves a fair shake. Every manufacturer.. So just remeber that guys I will bite if I see someone talk trash without proof or first hand experience. I do consider myself a fair person so I would do it for any of you for the same reason......

Have fun with your personal choices
Old 06-29-2007, 07:50 AM
IL2mSturmovik

Dogman, iirc he is spot on on the dyno figures, though I am not a fan of ttoks , I do believe he is right on the #s.
I appreciate your last post, you made some very good points [8D]
I am personally not a fan of teh GST, but I like many other CEN prods, teh Matrix is a nice truggy.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:02 AM
derrick05

ttoks,you need to back off with the namecalling.You got your panties all in a wad,huffin and puffin and blowin smoke that no one cares about.You act so smart with all these $50.00 words and cant even comprehend what you read.I didnt say that the nemesis is the best,I simply said that no stock revo or t-maxx or any other traxxas can even compare to the nemesis.If you interpet that as saying the nemesis is the best,then something is wrong with you wich is becoming quite apparent by the way you respond to the thread.Lets back off with the namecalling you acne infected pipsqueak.Ooops,almost got mad.Forgot this is a little kid,mad because cause he cant beat a nemesis.A child needs to stay in a childs place.Thats why I hate computers,because I gaurantee,I couldnt pay you enough to call me a hypercrit in my face,so you just keep on blowin smoke with your keyboard and mouse little boy.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:03 AM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: derrick05

ttoks,you need to back off with the namecalling.You got your panties all in a wad,huffin and puffin and blowin smoke that no one cares about.You act so smart with all these $50.00 words and cant even comprehend what you read.I didnt say that the nemesis is the best,I simply said that no stock revo or t-maxx or any other traxxas can even compare to the nemesis.If you interpet that as saying the nemesis is the best,then something is wrong with you wich is becoming quite apparent by the way you respond to the thread.Lets back off with the namecalling you acne infected pipsqueak.Ooops,almost got mad.Forgot this is a little kid,mad because cause he cant beat a nemesis.A child needs to stay in a childs place.Thats why I hate computers,because I gaurantee,I couldnt pay you enough to call me a hypercrit in my face,so you just keep on blowin smoke with your keyboard and mouse little boy.

rofl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.