Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Stripped Savage Hub

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 06:44 AM
Big Ted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stripped Savage Hub

I stripped one of the rear hubs on my savage!! the hub is nice and round and the hex driver doesn't look too much like a hex!

I'm going to put the front wheels on the rear and make it two wheel drive until I can find somewhere in Australia with MT parts.

Anyone driven a Savage 2WD? How's it go?

Thought I'd put a pic in also. I put on a cvec pipe and motorsaver air filter on it. Haven't had the chance to really tune the pipe in. Any tips??

Finally.. where do you aussies get your parts from!!

Cheers
Ted

PS other than that I've had no breakages.. Tough Truck!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	63831_26789.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	39181  
Old 03-18-2003, 12:29 PM
Alteramod

all i know is that if its ganna but rear wheel drive = harder to control and front wheel drive=just spins ........ least thats what i have seen.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:45 PM
AdamB
My Feedback: (9)

I've driven mine both front and rear wheel drive. Front does just spin. Rear wheel wasn't too bad, until you hit the brakes. Same with front. Brakes will only stop axle you are driving with.

As far as the hex goes, I have had to order a couple sets. I just ordered the ones that clamp onto the axle from Hot Bodies.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:25 PM
dfrazier
My Feedback: (9)

Same thing happened on both of my kids savages. I glued the hub in the wheel with thick CA. While I was at it, I glued all of them to experiment. It has been over a week of hard driving and the only thing that broke was a front dog bone.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:15 AM
gidzila

Mate, I haven't broken anything on my savage yet so i haven't really started looking to where i can find parts . Where you based? I'm in Perth, if you're there too we should meet up and bash . If i had to find parts for the savage though i'd give Radio Model Supplies (in WA) a call, if they don't have it, they should be able to source the parts for yah.