Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Cant decide

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 04:06 AM
AussiePilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant decide

Hey guys after so much thought i have narrowed it down to too MT this is my first truck and i ued to Race Cars so im still looking for plenty of speed and i thought these too would be a great starting point
Revo 3.3 1:10 Scale 4WD Nitro Monster Truck
T-MAXX 3.3 King of Monsters - 70kmh!

now the only weay i will decide i think if bothing are staring me in the eye, What do u guys think.?
Old 09-04-2007, 05:28 AM
bud09

Default RE: Cant decide

they hav the smae top speed it dependes on if ur gonna race or bash. revo 3.3 for racing and t-maxx 3.3 for bashing. the revo has so much better handling at the track than the t-maxx stock. but with a few upgrades the maxx COULD hang with revo.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:55 AM
DaveG55

First off, quit believing the speed numbers they put on the box. Nearly every manufacturer inflates those number as a means of attracting buyers.
Having said that, what are you going to be doing with the truck and what kind of budget are you looking at?
The Revo is a great racer and can be made to be very, very fast. It's also a decent basher, better actually than most people give it credit for.
Honestly, I wouldn't even consider the Maxx next. It's a good truck and all but there are better 2nd choices. The Savage, the LST2, The Aftershock, the XTM are all trucks I'd look at before the T-Maxx. If I were looking now that is.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:22 AM
nothinbetr2do

get the revo, that way your good no matter what you decide to do. race or bash
Old 09-04-2007, 10:06 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

revo all the way..forget the tmaxx!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:10 AM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tmaxx's arent that bad..i have one and love it. im not saying its the best by any means but its worth looking at..
Old 09-04-2007, 12:00 PM
[email protected]

revo
Old 09-05-2007, 01:49 AM
AussiePilot

basically im going to be using it on grass and cement and also in the montains and im looking for good speed as well as plenty of talk... busget is no problem im one of those gys who has to have the best. so if the revo is the best i will have a look at it if there is something better in this class let me know
cheers
Old 09-05-2007, 05:28 AM
bud09

my t-maxx can go places my friends revo can. like up steep hills and through big bump and potholes. the t-maxx has better ground clearence unlike the revo which will sag as soon as u touch it.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:16 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: bud09

my t-maxx can go places my friends revo can. like up steep hills and through big bump and potholes. the t-maxx has better ground clearence unlike the revo which will sag as soon as u touch it.
That just means that your friend has no idea what he's doing and needs to learn how to set his truck up.
My revo will go anywhere my Savage, T-Maxx or LST will go and out perform them doing it.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:35 AM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want the best and budget isnt an issue look at a lst2. thats one of the best rtr mts out right now. thats what i would take over a revo and tmaxx. i have one and love it.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:14 AM
[email protected]

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

That just means that your friend has no idea what he's doing and needs to learn how to set his truck up.
My revo will go anywhere my Savage, T-Maxx or LST will go and out perform them doing it.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Snaut Rocket

Baja 5b cant go wrong there.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:35 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

Baja 5b cant go wrong there.

Howabout its only 2wd and NOT a monster truck?
Old 09-05-2007, 10:30 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

Sorry to tell you, but Dave is right. If he's worried about sag, he does not have it set up correctly. That is a part of tuning and truck setup.... it's pretty soft from the factory... takes a little tuning to get it where you want it. After running my Revo yesterday... I have a new found love for how great it is. I would boldly say that my Revo could do anything my LST2 could... and outperform it as well. (of course, stock vs. modded... but still)
Old 09-06-2007, 04:12 AM
AussiePilot

LST2 just looked at it, it has a bigger motor.?? though they both look like great rucks though out of the box which one will require not much Modeing?? to achieve the best.?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:59 AM
megamaxx

one factor i use when looking at a new truck is the lhs repair bench,what brands a sitting broke,sad to say the lst's are always a half dozen deep on the repair bench,and there are just as many t-maxx's s,sometimes more.what i dont see are revos and savages,hence the reason i have recently bought one of each,couldnt be happier.have pretty much quit running my maxx's altogether
Old 09-06-2007, 05:20 AM
AussiePilot

Yuh true im just in 2 frames of mind.. so many to choose from.. But i Love speed. and out of the Revo and LST2 i think the Lst2 will be quicker and seems to have better quality gear in it. im leaning more this way...i hopw everyone hwere agree
Old 09-06-2007, 06:06 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: AussiePilot

Yuh true im just in 2 frames of mind.. so many to choose from.. But i Love speed. and out of the Revo and LST2 i think the Lst2 will be quicker and seems to have better quality gear in it. im leaning more this way...i hopw everyone hwere agree
Owning both, I can tell you... you'd be happy with either one. My Revo is not stock... but it feels much faster than the LST2 right now... of course... I haven't ran 'em both together... so, hopefully I can do that soon... I was trying to tune my Revo... and blew a spur from a bad landing... the Revo has much more power potential, since you can put the same engine in the Revo as you can the LST2... and it's 4-5lbs lighter...

Revo:

LST2:

The Revo can win the power/weight ratio... hands down.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:56 PM
dude54325
Banned

I'd take the savage x over anytrhing. You CAN NOT beet the durability of the savage. The Savage x 4.6 is just as fast as the lst 2 for bashing anyday, and a little more durable. The 4.6 is as fast as a revo 2.5 and WAY more durable. Plus, the traxxas engines are crap. They really dont last long and i think that they dont hold a tune very well. I can bash my savage x 4.1 into the ground all day doing tons of backflips gone whorg, and my friends revo 3.3 will be dead with only one bad landing. Also, my friends revo is always having air leaks!!! Traxxas = bad. Savvy = THE BEST
Old 09-07-2007, 03:01 AM
AussiePilot

just curuous im leaning more towards the Lst 2 now though i cant seem to find key feutres on it..
ie. how the things start i.e pull start or electric..??
Old 09-07-2007, 07:45 AM
DaveG55

[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0015]LST 2 at Horizon Hobby[/link]

I've got an LST, not the "2", and it's ok. The updated version is susposed to have fixed many of the issues that the original had (and it had several) but it may still have a few. Be sure to scan the Losi forum here looking for issues with it. And check for local parts availability.

Like I said, my LST is ok but I far prefer my Revo but everybody has different preferences.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:46 AM
ttoks

the LST2 and the revo both have electric start, the difference is that the revo has the electric start on bored, while the LST2's electric starter motor is in a hand held pack, with the LST2 you also need a glow igniter to start the engine, while a revo has a wire connecting to the glow plug thats glows it automatically, just insert the starter wand into the power pickup, press the button and starts, the LST2 is almost as easy, put the glow igniter on top of the glow plug, insert the starter shaft into the hex starter plate on the back of the engine, and press the button, take the glow igniter off and go.

i can say very confidently that the revo is a top notch truck, it is easily able to hold up bashing (all i do with mine is bash), the stock engine however can be fiddly to tune (so i've heard anyway, i had a bit of experience before i got my revo so it was always easy for me), where as the MACH 427, strait from the box is a breeze, my old man, who had never had a nitro truck can tune it (he has a muggy), i love my revo, but i currently have an LST2 on order at my hobby shop, blew the engine in my revo when the air filter fell off, they don't like dust and rather then forking out $200 aussie to fix it (it aint the stock engine lol) i figured i mgiht as well get another truck since i have some cash saved up.

in my honest opinion though, if your looking for the fastest truck you'll ever see the revo has much more potential then the LST2, because it is so much lighter, and the most powerful engines you'll find will fit in both truck (the revo will need a bit of modding to do so however), with the best engine you can get the revo will still reach the max speed 30% faster then the LST2 with upgrades, if you want to end up the best and are willing to spend in the order of $2500 aussie (thats what my revos worth including purchase price) then the revos the best for you, if you want the best quality truck and radio gear you can get from an RTR truck the LST2 will be the ticket, but doesn't have any where near as much potential as the revo.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:04 AM
DaveG55

The simple fact that 6 of the top 10 finishers in the '07 ROAR championship ran Revos using the 3.3 engine should speak volumes.
The winner? A Revo running a 3.3 engine. And this is the second year in a row the Revo 3.3 has won the championship.
There's nobody in the world that can say that it does not take one tough truck to race for 54 laps 45 minutes straight and be telling the truth.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:29 AM
ttoks

not trying to stir the pot so to speak, and i mean no disrespect, but the ROAR MT rules are fairly biased towards the revo, in the sense that the revo is the only MT other then the CEN geneses that has a center diff as an option, and Carlton himself has even said that the reason for introducing the rule changes to allow the center diff was directly influenced by the fact that most runners in the ROAR MT races were running the revo, and the people running the revo outcried for the diff to be allowed, and majority won, i'm willing to bet that once well set up, the LST2 and revo would be fairly on par when it comes to racing, if both have no center diff.

the rules say that for a center diff to be legal in the MT class it must fit inside the same transmission case as the two speed gears without any modifications to the transmission case, but then it doesn't rule out replacing the stock transmission case with another that would fit the diff without moding the case, i'd be interested to see weather losi introduces an option tranny case with the ability to run a center diff inside of it, then it would be more fair game, under ROAR rules anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.