Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 11:11 PM
infernalstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

How are most tracks around here? I know my old track, the rule was "Takes 3 to make a class" followed by "If you don't make a class, we'll find something you can atleast mix in to get track time" Thus how we ended up with an E-maxx a couple of times.

I mean, if that's the case, and 4 or 5 guys show up with CRT .5s...
Old 01-14-2008, 11:47 PM
ThermalRD

Same thing here Infernal. I believe its always been 3 make a class here. They'll fit em in somewhere.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:21 AM
MGTmadman

Brian ive seen that article on the monstergt forums, lots of good stuff for those of us who run MGT's. Crime Fighters you say? hmmmmm. I always thought the more spaced out tread patterns were better for hardpack and the more dense tread pattern for looser stuff. Of course it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong Either way I am going 40 series HD 23mm rims. By the way, I ran this by the wife about getting into racing on sundays and that I needed to fix the truck and get new rims and tires, I got the look LOL.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:27 AM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: MGTmadman

I always thought the more spaced out tread patterns were better for hardpack and the more dense tread pattern for looser stuff.
Generally the opposite is true. Loose stuff needs room to pack in between the tread so it can be flung out. Hardpack won't clog a tread so the best bet on a hard pack is very small close lugs.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:41 AM
ThermalRD

Try some 40 series crimes madman. I always liked them on my LST2 indoors.

Note to anyone thats called me lately, for some reason im missing calls. Im either missing calls, or my ringer is just not working right. Regardless, i missed some from Dante the other day, Bill yesterday, and just today found a message on my phone from PW last night. So if its anything important, just call more than once. Or my house phone. Sorry bout the missed calls fellas.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:45 AM
ADE

Thaks fellas! I'm just taking my time and changing a few things along the way. The 8T body is the one I painted last year. I didnt like the headlight so I looked through some old decals and found those headlights. I really like the way they look on there. I may try to duplicate them on all my bodies. They are from a Protoform 200mm body I painted for my touring car a long time ago. I think it was called the Nemesis.

You should just go to DB and pick up that mini truggy! - LOL I've seen atleast 1 more at the track with mine and yours...we have enough for a class!

I just cant stop watching video of these things they are really cool. If there is no class or I cant race it in stadium truck, I'm sure I will have fun at home and at the track on practice days or during breaks on race days.

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Lookin really nice Tony... Yer killin me though man... Bill was killin me when he got the first RTR mini CRT in. Now i see another there tonight, and now yours.. Yer all just killin me. lol. Do i spy a new 8t paint job in the back? Lookin good, i like the headlights. And it uses 12mm hexes? Thats stock? or a mod you did? Nice stuff, gotta go play with my new wheel balancer, then get setup for more paint.

BTW, Batman, your body is done. Once my stupid batteries get charged, i can get the pics off the camera, and take some better ones. I think it came out really nice.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:19 PM
infernalstone

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Try some 40 series crimes madman. I always liked them on my LST2 indoors.

Note to anyone thats called me lately, for some reason im missing calls. Im either missing calls, or my ringer is just not working right. Regardless, i missed some from Dante the other day, Bill yesterday, and just today found a message on my phone from PW last night. So if its anything important, just call more than once. Or my house phone. Sorry bout the missed calls fellas.
I thought you were just trying to hide from me. I was heartbroken!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Bria1

ORIGINAL: MGTmadman

Brian ive seen that article on the monstergt forums, lots of good stuff for those of us who run MGT's. Crime Fighters you say? hmmmmm. I always thought the more spaced out tread patterns were better for hardpack and the more dense tread pattern for looser stuff. Of course it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong Either way I am going 40 series HD 23mm rims. By the way, I ran this by the wife about getting into racing on sundays and that I needed to fix the truck and get new rims and tires, I got the look LOL.

[link=http://users.pandora.be/elvo/]Here is some good info for ya.[/link] Click on tires for some good reading on tire treads.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:39 PM
ThermalRD

Hey guys, just to add an option to the list, i noticed at DB's today, that TL makes a 20mm adapter set for 6mm axles... So if you did want to run 420 wheels on that MGT, or any other 6mm axle truck, you could. The adapter was the type that slides over the pin, so there shouldnt be any alignment issues at all. I do have the part number written down here somewhere, and i'll dig it up in a few. Im still looking for a good 17mm option for my MGT. The M2C will probably work fine though. I'd like to see a DaceMFG 17mm setup though. I think their setup is the most solid.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:50 PM
ThermalRD

Oh, and a quick shot of the new batmobile.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Bria1

Are you serious? That must be what [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/15617]these[/link] are then.

Another option for the MGT is to replace the wheel axles with [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/6622]these[/link] and use 17mm hexes made for 8mm wheel shafts. They are a direct fit to the stock MGT CVDs. Of course then you'll need different bearings 8x12 for the stock knuckles.

So that's the new Batmobile hey. Is that the wango tango lid by jconcepts?
Old 01-15-2008, 09:19 PM
infernalstone

Do you have some sort of cutter? I mean maybe it's just me, but all those bat symbols look IDENTICAL..
Old 01-15-2008, 09:23 PM
ADE

Thats nice! I see all kinds of details popping here and there. Good Job!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Ken448

Matt's got all kinds of painters toys!
Old 01-15-2008, 10:04 PM
rdub202

yeah, matt does have a vinyl cutter.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:25 PM
binaryterror

Wow with Temps at 13* for a high Sunday...I might be sitting that out. Unless that changes, yikes thats too cold.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:52 PM
infernalstone

Yea, that'll be way rough. Pretty break prone even indoors, unless a lot of people bring some heaters and point them at the track. :P
Old 01-16-2008, 07:40 AM
MGTmadman

Well I got the green light from the wife, I will be picking up some A-arms, rims and tires after work today so I should be ready for racing on Sunday. I will probably head up to FTR tomorrow or Friday to get some practice time in so I don't make a complete idiot of myself when it comes to race day, However if the temps do plunge that low for Sunday I will probably wave off racing until the following weekend, thats just to cold even indoors at FTR.

Ok Matt, you have convinced me with your latest showing that I need to get a new body for the MGT and reduce that nasty lump in my wallet
Old 01-16-2008, 09:29 AM
ThermalRD

13 degrees sucks big time. I have motors that need breaking in. Ughh... Glad to see you got the OK from the wife Madman. Looks like were gonna have more MT's racing soon!

Some quickies for Dante.

The flo. yellow was washed out by the flash, but its there. Theres also a gold sparkle in the orange tips, and gold sparkle trailing off the flo yellow peaks into that blue in the back. Just cant see it on camera. Atleast not with my picture taking skills.

Madman, if you want a body by Kahuna, let me know soon. Im getting backed up.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:50 AM
MGTmadman

Yes, I definetly want you to paint up a body for me, I will need to order up the stock unpainted body though, I believe the idea I have in mind would look best on the stock body for the MGT. Of course it also depends on how elaborate you can get with the scheme I have in mind. We will see
Old 01-16-2008, 10:40 AM
infernalstone

Hey Matt, can you PM me with info about how I'd get some one-color decals and maskings made, and what you'd charge me for them? Thanks.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:13 AM
binaryterror

Dante you stole my scheme buddy...

You better atleast do well in CRCRC with that scheme!

Matt...just to lengthen your list, 2 for me for Kahuna if at all possible. Same scheme as the last ones. Drake body and Revo HardDrive. Once I pick up the Hard Drive body i'll quick cut it out and get them to ya.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:59 PM
ThermalRD

Madman, pm me what you want on that scheme. I'll see if its something i can do. And we'll discuss it from there.

Infernal, i'll PM ya in a few minutes.

I just delivered the bodies to Dante at DB's. Great guy to do business with. He loved the bodies. Jake, i'll add ya to the list.

BTW!!! Good luck to all the locals going down to Colombus for the BIG race! Al Horne bring home the #1 with that LST2 buddy. Bill, and everyone else, good luck, and have fun!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Bria1

Has anyone checked the liverc site? It has some practice times for each racer. Here is Al's for MT

Driver: Allen Horn

Total Laps: 40
Fastest Lap: 24.534
Average Lap: 36.637
Avg. of Best 5 Laps: 28.326
Avg. of Best 10 Laps: 29.498
Old 01-17-2008, 08:22 PM
ThermalRD

Ya Brian, i've had it on in the background, while im painting. I just checked all the lap times for MT. Al looks to be blazing fast. If that truck stays together, he can win that. But from what im told, that triple is nasty. The kind of nasty that'll break an 8th scale chassis... Im hoping Al wins that MT race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.