Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 12:11 PM
binaryterror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Batman I'm only playing dude. Was fun as heck running last Sunday. Can't wait to get out there next Sunday on the new layout!

I've yet to hit that 2x4 dude racing the Revo, the Drake, or the Electric.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Bria1

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

ORIGINAL: TQ Batman

[link=http://www.factorytracksraceway.com/Results/03-02-2008.htm]Here[/link] are the results.
Where's the lap times? haha
I havent seen any lap times posted for quite some time now.
It would be nice to see the lap times.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
ThermalRD

Hunter, i've never had any issues with the stock Revo arms. Batman, what you talking about? My revo has been with me at plenty of races. lol. On the pit bench! LOL. But seriously, i ran the revo late summer outdoors for a few races, and several races at FTR at the start, until my motor went south on me. Contrary to what some believe, i've run Revos quite alot. In fact, before i knew most of these guys, Jake would pit, and video the races at DB's. I was the first in that place to show up with a Revo. I ran that for several series races at DB's. Jake and I also raced them outdoors at MGR, and then the winter after that, again at DB's... In fact, i raced the Revo back when Justin, and Jay chura still raced MT... LOL. So there... Just thought i'd set the record straight.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:59 PM
binaryterror

Yeah I still to this day ask Matt ideas and thoughts on the Revo. He may not love the truck like I do know, but thats no reason to discount anyones ideas.

Again RPM arms might not break when you hit a 2x4 on a track that wasn't meant to be hit, but something else likely will.

Somehow my Revo barely breaks. This current layout has caused me some trouble, trouble in the way its been along time I've broken on a track. Hoping the new layout does not have a Race Ender jump, but if it does, I'll find a way to make it like I did last week.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:43 PM
ThermalRD

Im told that new layout does have a big jump in the center of the track. Atleast on paper it does. If it has a nice landing to it, it wont be soo rough on the trucks. I believe the layout will have some more whooops too. Whoops are fun. It'll be fun to start the points series on a new layout.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Bria1

when Justin, and Jay chura still raced MT...
Noob here.......I didn't know they raced MT, maybe we can intice them back into MT [8D]
Old 03-08-2008, 12:18 AM
ThermalRD

Yup, they did. There were alot more people racing MT back then. There were some good races.

So Bat, how did practice go tonight? Do you and PW love the buggies?
Old 03-08-2008, 02:46 AM
GT Batman

Yup, they did. There were alot more people racing MT back then. There were some good races.

So Bat, how did practice go tonight? Do you and PW love the buggies?
Dunno, PW went by himself.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:49 AM
GT Batman

ORIGINAL: Bria1

when Justin, and Jay chura still raced MT...
Noob here.......I didn't know they raced MT, maybe we can intice them back into MT [8D]

I think when truggies started to do well they both ditched their MTs. I didn't know JBob ran a Mt, but I did know Justin had a revo, I only ran against him 1 time and he blew up his engine in the first qualifier. I think 420 said he used to run a Savage around, so who else used to run MT before my time?
Old 03-08-2008, 09:24 AM
ThermalRD

You didnt go with PW? What gives!? LOL. Guess i'll have to wait and hear from him, how he liked the buggzy. Ya, Justin had a few problems with that Revo motor. And yes, 420 used to run a savage, with another guy he hung out with at the track. Seems alot of guys just arent racing anymore. Or they've just given up on indoor racing. Seems our outdoor races are alot bigger.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:39 AM
infernalstone

Well, even if it's indoor, it's still pretty cold and miserable.

And no, I'm not dead. Just taking care of finances before I get the new batteries for the revo. And I lost a few screws, but I'm more worried about the batteries. :P
Old 03-08-2008, 12:20 PM
GT Batman

ORIGINAL: infernalstone

Well, even if it's indoor, it's still pretty cold and miserable.

And no, I'm not dead. Just taking care of finances before I get the new batteries for the revo. And I lost a few screws, but I'm more worried about the batteries. :P
We could have hooked you up if that was all that was keeping you from racing. As for cold, I have only felt "cold" one time so far and it was mainly my toes
Old 03-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Bria1

I've been cold there, but never miserable.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:12 PM
ThermalRD

Well, "COLD" is sort of the theme here in Michigan. But i still love indoor racing. I suppose the electric day would be a tad warmer, if electric was ok with ya. Simply because those fans and vents arent needed to clear any fumes out. I havent been to an electric race, so i really wouldnt know.

I probably dont even need to ask whos all going racing tomorrow? Im gonna guess its gonna be me and the bat... And PW might show up.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:39 PM
infernalstone

Well batteries and some warm evenings to break in the engine. That whole process, you know.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:07 PM
ThermalRD

Well, today was a fun day at the track. First thing i noticed during practice, was the new downside to that monster jump. Im glad Al heard the racers on that, and changed it. Good job, and thanks for fixin it! Saw the new layout on paper, and actually looked it over really well. On paper, it looks sweeeet! Cant wait to see that. My truck was about the same today as the prior races. TONS of forward bite, with a bit of a push in the corners. Tad worse on the push today. I will go thru the oils again this week, and get it ready for the start of the points series. Probably try some new tires as well. As for the race day itself, it went fine. I was a weee bit depressed during practice seeing no other MT in site, and hearing the Bat say he wasnt running the class.... Norlock said they were gonna run me with the truggies, which really didnt bother me. It would have been like the old days, when i raced the SUT's, and the LSP's. Fortunately Kidd, and the Bat raced MT. Fun qualifying, all of us going back and forth. I still need to get my slipper backed out more. Having a real wheelie problem out there. But the day was fun, and ended with a really close race in the main. Unfortunately Dante broke at the half way point, and the Batmobile, gave me the wheel, and ran away. lol. Karma came back to bite him in the butt at the end, with about 45 seconds left in the race, when he broke on the "race ender". That race was in the bag for him, until that happened. That left me in 1st, squeezing in one extra lap. Though Jake did his best, to get Bat to the straight, to let him power across the line, even though he couldnt steer his way thru the infield, after breaking. Jake, i gotta wonder how bad you really wanna see me lose a race? lol. All in all, fun day. Wish more people would come race their MT's, but i guess theres nothing thats gonna change that.

Good racing with you fellas, and Dante always showing class by waiting, after bumping into me. Not many people do that.

Oh, and my official GRIPE of the race day. The B-main buggy drivers... Look, i have noooo problem with drivers on ANY skill level. But my god, let off the throttle if you lose control. I was marshalling that straight, and got really tired of buggies in full GYRO effect comin up off the tubes, and nailing me.

Anyway, hope to see more guys out next week. The layout looks sweet.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:35 PM
ADE

Thanks for the race report. Sounds like a good race day. Jake did not race today? I will be out next week with the truggies. I heard the bobcat was moving into the building earlier! I cant wait to see this new layout. Matt- while looking at the new layout did you get to count how many whoops there are -LOL

Well, today was a fun day at the track. First thing i noticed during practice, was the new downside to that monster jump. Im glad Al heard the racers on that, and changed it. Good job, and thanks for fixin it! Saw the new layout on paper, and actually looked it over really well. On paper, it looks sweeeet! Cant wait to see that. My truck was about the same today as the prior races. TONS of forward bite, with a bit of a push in the corners. Tad worse on the push today. I will go thru the oils again this week, and get it ready for the start of the points series. Probably try some new tires as well. As for the race day itself, it went fine. I was a weee bit depressed during practice seeing no other MT in site, and hearing the Bat say he wasnt running the class.... Norlock said they were gonna run me with the truggies, which really didnt bother me. It would have been like the old days, when i raced the SUT's, and the LSP's. Fortunately Kidd, and the Bat raced MT. Fun qualifying, all of us going back and forth. I still need to get my slipper backed out more. Having a real wheelie problem out there. But the day was fun, and ended with a really close race in the main. Unfortunately Dante broke at the half way point, and the Batmobile, gave me the wheel, and ran away. lol. Karma came back to bite him in the butt at the end, with about 45 seconds left in the race, when he broke on the "race ender". That race was in the bag for him, until that happened. That left me in 1st, squeezing in one extra lap. Though Jake did his best, to get Bat to the straight, to let him power across the line, even though he couldnt steer his way thru the infield, after breaking. Jake, i gotta wonder how bad you really wanna see me lose a race? lol. All in all, fun day. Wish more people would come race their MT's, but i guess theres nothing thats gonna change that.

Good racing with you fellas, and Dante always showing class by waiting, after bumping into me. Not many people do that.

Oh, and my official GRIPE of the race day. The B-main buggy drivers... Look, i have noooo problem with drivers on ANY skill level. But my god, let off the throttle if you lose control. I was marshalling that straight, and got really tired of buggies in full GYRO effect comin up off the tubes, and nailing me.

Anyway, hope to see more guys out next week. The layout looks sweet.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:42 PM
binaryterror

Though Jake did his best, to get Bat to the straight, to let him power across the line, even though he couldnt steer his way thru the infield, after breaking. Jake, i gotta wonder how bad you really wanna see me lose a race? lol. All in all, fun day. Wish more people would come race their MT's, but i guess theres nothing thats gonna change that.
I had no clue the laps I thought by that point you had already past him. I just stuck the tie rod in the steering set up best I could seemed ok in the air...lol but it was fun watching him shoot down the straight.

Good job on the win. You need some 38 Series Switches though...you seemed slow in the corners compared to how you usually drive corners.

Soon enough we'll be on a new technical track, should be some great racing. Prolly be very tight too.

ADE: Nope no racing, pre-bachelor party event in Kalamazoo had me out all weekend drinking...even showed up to the track with a bit of a remaining hang over, nothing major though.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:57 PM
ThermalRD

Sorry ADE, i didnt count the whoops. But i love whoops sections. So i hope its a good stretch of em. lol.

Jake, im not sure what was up with my truck in the corners. At times i had plenty of steering, other times it pushed like crazy. Sometimes it appeared i had more steering one direction than the other... Regardless, im gonna go thru the truck tonight. Gotta get as much done now, before these bodies are all masked, and needing paint. New tires are a definite for me. I dont think there is a better option than the switch though... I LOVE the side bite on the cubix, but the forward bite isnt near the switch. Maybe the new Losi compound on those cubics would work well... hmmm... Just thinkin here.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:16 PM
GT Batman

Unfortunately Dante broke at the half way point, and the Batmobile, gave me the wheel, and ran away. lol. Karma came back to bite him in the butt at the end, with about 45 seconds left in the race, when he broke on the "race ender". That race was in the bag for him, until that happened.
LOL, that was just payback for the last 3 truck race we had. It won't happen on a points race, or if it did I would stop. So Karma hates me or you would have broke

I had fun with the LST today. Despite throwing that rod in the first LRP and smoking the Revo motor. It sure is nice to have a good backup to throw in, I'll have to work on getting another. And the LRP in the buggy is toast as well, I'm going to pull both engines apart and see if I can make one.

Anyway, it was fun running with Kid and Matt.

P.S. I downsided that jump just fin, just the LST decided to get stuck in that soft spot and oddly enough the steering broke when in that hole. The marshal had to un-stick me.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Bria1

I LOVE the side bite on the cubix, but the forward bite isnt near the switch. Maybe the new Losi compound on those cubics would work well... hmmm... Just thinkin here.
Sounds like the cubics could be the answer to your wheelie problems. Just a thought.

Well I did some wrenching on the LST. Looks like the engine support brace was more than just cracked LOL.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37819.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	899466  
Old 03-10-2008, 07:20 AM
binaryterror

The new track will be wet again, we all will be fighting for traction. Seems a more open lug is the answer for the first 2 weeks. I know I'm bringing the Responses and 38 Series Switches (with a bucket of cleaner).

I bet my Drake will be sporting some Slicks or Weiner Dudes.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:03 PM
kiddynomite621

yeah i had alot of fun racing myself. thanks to batman, pw, and jake i was able to finish in the truggy class. and matt thanks for the great words.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:05 PM
binaryterror

Dante you looked sick with that Revo. Kinda putting the old owner of that truck to shame.

What when in the MT race? Some internal tranny part? Spur and CB looked fine.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Bria1

I just got back from the track. WOW...this is the best layout yet. I went down to help, but by the time I got there it was all done. Kooze has pics on the other site. The pics are good, but wait till you see it in person. With the surface still wet, it looked like chocolate frosting on chocolate cake...yum lol. As for the tight turn into pit lane, Al said a few truggies they tested didn't have a problem, but most likely there will be a marshal right there anyways...so it shouldn't be a problem. Anyone up for some practice Thursday night say 6-8 or so?

I guess I could post the pics here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.