Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

warhead trouble

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warhead trouble

i have a warhead and i need instructions on how to get the piston out its too hard for me without help[:-]
Old 02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
ssllc902

Default RE: warhead trouble

ORIGINAL: 362

i have a warhead and i need instructions on how to get the piston out its too hard for me without help[:-]
take it to your local hobby store. Introduce your self and tell them you will be buying allot of parts from him (cause you will) then ask if he has a minute to show you the best way to do it.Most hobby shop guys love to tinker and pass on there what they know. He will probly even hae a tool that makes it easier
Old 02-07-2008, 05:39 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: warhead trouble

How far have you stripped the engine down soo far? You need to pull the sleeve out before the piston. Once the sleeve is out, rotate the crank so the piston is at the top. Then use something to gently pull the connecting rod off the crank pin (towards the rear of the motor). Once thats done, it will come right out. Do all of that, without using abrasive tools, or dinging up the motor internals.