Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

T-maxx taking out reverse

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 12:39 AM
r_rich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-maxx taking out reverse

I read that I could make the T-maxx go faster if I Removed the reverse gear.
Is this true?
How should I go about it?
Do I just tremove the gear or do I replace it with something?

What motor should I replace the wore pro .15 with?(looking at a O.S .15).
Old 05-20-2003, 12:49 AM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

Couldn't you swap out the engine mount with the 2.5 version and drop that engine in it?
I dunno about removing reverse. I can't see how it'd make you faster. Personally I'd prefer reverse over the minimal speed increase.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:02 AM
Ledgendary
Banned

Default Less moving parts = more speed but,

Not that much! I know many members of this forum say that they never use reverse but, I like having it! If my truck is 100 yards away and you can't go forward it comes in real handy! Oh, and I think you have to buy a kit to do it also!
Old 05-20-2003, 01:46 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

here is what you need.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCNA8&P=7

It would only slightely increase speed, not even enough to notice but I have heard that it Smooths out the clutch engagment.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:49 AM
POJack

You have to get a forward only conversion kit. I'm in the process of doing this now with the Robinson Raicing Kit (all tranny gears and the aluminum box).
Old 05-20-2003, 08:28 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

I havent had reverse in any of my trucks for well over a year, and I will never go back, there is more than "maybe it will go a little faster"
Speed will slightly increase(less drag on the tranny) but not by much, the big difference is on take off, acceleration(sp) and throttle responce, but the most important thing about it is there are no clutches to engage, thus ending its jerky starts and what nots, and being alot safer on the drive train because its a direct drive setup.

As for the aluminum tranny gears, keep a good eye on them, and clean your tanny case ever so often, because these will destroy a tranny. If you are gonna go with a forward only I would only sugjest the TRX FOC or the ue 8mm FOC for that aluminum case, because aluminum on aluminum is a bad Idea.

This is why I dont run the aluminum kit on my trannies any longer, this is not my tranny but looks just like mine did. See all shaveings?? Not good at all!! But hey, its your $$.