RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Warning: .26 = DO not buy!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 07:50 PM
DFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning: .26 = POS DO not buy!!

You're welcome !

I wish you good luck with Ofna representatives. They seems to be overbusy by those days

As said before, don't hesitate to drop @ the Sav MaxxTraxx forum, we will help you if needed.

DFF
Old 05-30-2003, 09:17 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default .26

The picco does run a tad on the hot side. It also matters what pipe you run and fuel as I know you already know this. I have mine on a savage and run the titan pipe (dual chamber, creates a little more back pressure). It does run a little on the rich side in the mid range, but I have not had a single problem with mine. Runs great, always holds the needles and has super power. You either got a lemon, which can happen with any engine, or there is a problem with the carb. I know some guys have removed there needles and found shaved piecies of o-rings in there. After they cleaned them out, they ran great. Let us know if you find the problem. Make sure you check all the vent lines, fuel lines. Hope this helps.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:16 AM
Alteramod

My ofna .25 force had the same problems. Would run for anything. I solved the prob by no not selling it cause then you dont learn anything other than giving up. But I fixed it by spending about 2 days adjusting it. Now it starts with one pull and let it high idle for 15 secs and its good to go.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:25 AM
Legendary

Default I took my Ofna .25 off when,

I cleaned it! I must have changed some of the settings and now it runs a bit funny! It starts ok but it does not sound right! It is not as loud as it normally was?? I have not had much time to do any tunning because of the storms that have been hitting here so, maybe I will be able to fix this tomorrow!
Old 05-31-2003, 02:01 AM
Bluehydro8

I recomend the wasp .26 for the savege. it is what i am running in it right now. this thing hauls
Old 05-31-2003, 02:31 AM
bubbafien
My Feedback: (1)

the wasp .26 is vertually the same engine unless the ports are different but i don't think they are

bubbafien
Old 05-31-2003, 02:57 AM
cemeb4dk

Hey Noah,
What fuel and glow plug are you running in your .26
Old 05-31-2003, 03:02 AM
littlepiston
My Feedback: (12)

sidewinder 20% and the ofna picco med. glowplug with two washers and he has used the hangar 9 ?? cant remeber well its what the ductedf fans used mc9?
Old 06-02-2003, 05:43 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Originally posted by Bluehydro8
I recomend the wasp .26 for the savege. it is what i am running in it right now. this thing hauls
arent they just the same manufacturer but different brand names ?or totally different ?is it a drop in too?does the jumpstart works with it too
Old 06-02-2003, 04:33 PM
ridethelightnin

Default found the prob - I think

I took my .26 apart last night and removed both the LSN and HSN and I found that the LSN has nicks in the O-ring and the HSN the o-ring was half gone.

I am sure that this is the cause of the engine running so poorly so I am going to call OFNA today and try and get replacements.

I will post again after I replace the parts and run the engine.

So maybe this engine isn't a POS once you fix the o-rings. lol
Old 06-02-2003, 10:43 PM
ulfa

Hi "ridethelightnin", I'm a new to this forum. Also live in Mission Viejo, where do usually race your truck?

Thank's
Old 06-03-2003, 04:47 AM
ridethelightnin

Lake Perris or Hemet. If you want to run here locally give me a call and I will go bash with you.

What's your ride?
Old 06-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Isphius

Originally posted by new72Savage
What about the hyper 8 port, that seems to be the next most popular replacement. any horror stories with that one. Lord knows the stock .21 is giving me fits.

It sucks for the whole break in and afterwards, it has no torque and it runs terrible, it stalls all the time, and idles very rough, but once it starts loosening up you can lean it out and tune it in right and it is the most kick***** motor ever. It is great in the monster pirate. It runs very good now after about a gallon of fuel. Lots of high end power and rpms, and pretty good torque. A good pipe helps a whole lot with the low end and a little on the top too.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:38 PM
AdamB
My Feedback: (9)

I had the 8 port (too many air leaks) and now the Picco .26. The Picco hasn't developed any problems yet, but am still breaking it in. It does seem to like to run rich.

If you guys are having O-ring problems, it would probably make your engine run lean... right?

If your engine cuts out, it is probably too lean. From the sounds of the problems mentioned above, they motor probably was too lean.

I know people like to run motors lean for power, but trust me, the picco needs to be run rich. Maybe it's just because mine is still new, but if I try and lean her out, she gets sputtering and stalls. Almost sounds as if she is too rich, but when I richen her up, she runs great.

Who knows, but I've tuned many motors (admittedly most were airplane or heli motors), but this one likes to run extra rich. But since it still makes gobs of power, who cares
Old 06-09-2003, 07:03 PM
MGT

Ok I'm new to this site but no new to the hobby. I have a the picco .26 engine and have ran about 22 tanks through it. I i'm haveing a hell of a time getting this thing tuned. But I was really closy on like the 14th thank. But I just read that sombody checked thir HSN o-ring and it was 1/2 gone....so I just got done checking mine, it's about 1/2 gone. And the LSN o-rings are a little messed up. I sealed the back plate and around the card beacaue I thought that was the prob. And My tank was getting pretty beat up so I think that it's leaking too. I can't run my truck because I need a new clutch but I'm about 99% sure that It was the carb's o-rings. Because I drove it at the local track and the bottom end ok ok but the top end was really bad.
Do you know what size the o-rings are so i can get new ones or do I have to call Ofna? Thanks big time Matt
Old 06-09-2003, 10:43 PM
Plum Crazy
My Feedback: (5)

There's a thread on Maxx Traxx where a guy took his straight in to Ofna and they installed a differant low speed needle. Then they told him the first batch of them came with the wrong needle installed in the carb and that's why some came with a extra needle. As for the eight port I have three I inspect and seal all my engines before I even start them. This engine has been great for me I just make sure that I dont gear them to steep since it's a high RPM engine. Right now I run a Force 25 in my Savage it has good low end so I gear up and it still pulls hard off the bottom. Plus it's very easy to tune with since it has no low speed needle.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:53 PM
einlanzeR

Hey DFF, what do you use to start your C5? And Would you recommend the WS7 to a first time Nitro user? I heard it was a lot easier to tune then the HYpers and such. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:07 AM
Devilmanak

DFF is 100% correct, the solutions to all the .26 problems are on Maxxtraxx. I too thought that this engine was crap, UNTIL I FIGURED IT OUT! This engine is the most incredible thing I've ever run. My Maxx will wheelie at any speed and my body is sanded through from sliding down the road upside-down at 30mph!
1)Seal the backplate.
2)Make sure the orings on the high and low speed needles are there/not damaged/in the grooves!
3)If your motor didn't come with carb clamp o-rings, seal it.
4)Seal the carb to case.
5)Seal the idle adjust screw! It leaks! I used Fuel-lube, but grease will work also. I found this leak by using a fuel bulb to pressurize the carb under water.
6)I have had great results with an Odonnell 077 plug and using the recommended Ofna one.
If you do the above, this engine will blow your mind! This much power for $170 is great!!!! I haven't touched my needles in 10 tanks, all on different days, and it is running low 200's with tons of power!!
Old 06-10-2003, 02:31 PM
badboy2

why is it that we have to pay that much and we still need to do some work ?and also its ok to do all devilmanak said if its used but its brand new...and the thing is they wont tell us ..we will find it out ourselves..if we are paying like this much we should get what we paid for.for example myself i wouldnt know if i need to do all that since i am just new to all this..i know it would improve my knowledge about this nitro engines by doin all these..but cmon ..i hope that they wold resolve these problems on the next batch that they are goin to sell..
Old 06-10-2003, 03:14 PM
Plum Crazy

I for one dont understand why they the manufactures wont give us more product information. But I've been in this hobby many years and it seem's most products arent quite complete or finished so I guess We should just share info with each other and enjoy what We do get from this hobby.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:24 PM
badboy2

its like they build one and take it out of the market and they let us figure out the problems...so we are like the quality control department and a consumer at the same time..good business eh...i really hope that the next batch wouldnt have this problems cuz i dunno how to fix them
Old 06-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Plum Crazy

By what I understand Picco has fixed the problem's on their updated batches. But I still would take apart inspect and seal every new engine I install. It's just a good habit to get into and the engines seem to tune easier and maybe last longer. By the way I have never got a bad engine and right now I have nine differant one's. Knock on wood.LOL
Old 06-10-2003, 03:44 PM
badboy2

which part do you seal and what do you use to seal it?
Old 06-10-2003, 06:08 PM
Plum Crazy

I seal the back plate and the carb base I also inspect because sometimes you will find metal slivers. I use Permatex Ultra Copper and it only takes a very small amount. I use silacone paste on the carbs o rings.
Old 06-10-2003, 07:21 PM
creeping death

Originally posted by badboy2
its like they build one and take it out of the market and they let us figure out the problems...so we are like the quality control department and a consumer at the same time..good business eh...i really hope that the next batch wouldnt have this problems cuz i dunno how to fix them
It would take these companies years to figure all these probs out...so they get it close and let us be the guinea pigs...it sucks, but thats how it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.