Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

T-maxx is on its way!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 01:18 AM
Alteramod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-maxx is on its way!

Ok sry for making a new thread for every little thing but just wanted to say the guy I bought it from is sending it tomarrow by Ups.

Ill post some pics on this thread (or a new one knowing me) of it after I get it in.

I think I will take the advise from adeoliver (member) and take it all apart or most of it and check to make sure that all the screws are tight and everything.

It should be here by the end of the week.

here is one of the pics that were on ebay:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	84864_22929.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	49830  
Old 06-09-2003, 02:14 AM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Yo man, hate to break the news to you, but thats not a 2.5 maxx. That truck has the first generation suspention, the 1st generation ez starter, the TRX Pro .15 mufler and the head looks to be some kinda aftermarket head for the TRX Pro .15. Oh ya the carb is also not a slide but a rotary. Unless my eyes are fooling me here, I dont think thats a 2.5, but it does look to be in pretty darn good shape, and for what you paid, Id say you got a hell of a deal!! Got anymore pix of it?
Old 06-09-2003, 02:31 AM
Alteramod

Yea I noticed it awhile ago I was ganna say something but I didnt, oh well I dont care to much Its still what I was lookin for!

It will give me something to work on and fix up I guess...

What is a lose is a gain at the same time.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:37 AM
Alteramod

Also, Ill be sure to post more pics after I get it and am able to take some lol. Yea, I found some other 2.5 NIB but couldnt outbid other people so then I just said oh well and went with any old t-maxx that was in good shape.

Some time soon I would like to get a .21 conver. kit for it and put in a hpi .21bb engine me and my friend have.

How fast does the older maxx go? 30 maybe?
Old 06-09-2003, 02:38 AM
gearhead22

That looks like the new one to me. They pulled the easy start out and that's what is sitting in front. It has the starter plug up on the rear shock tower which I believe is done only on the 2.5'ers.
Might have an upgraded motor as well since I don't see the black ring on top.
Looks kinda like my 1.8 siro motor. Looks real nice to me. I think you may have got a really great deal! I have gotten real lucky on EBay lately. First a brand new Maxx 2.5, upgrade JR servos, hump pack and a bunch of extras all done real sano AND an R1 radio for $625. I just picked up an alloy Maxx (not SuperMaxx) with a C5 in 'er for $950 including servos and alloy transfer cases (SuperMaxx) and I am happy with that deal as well (now that I got her started). Now I must add this, after checking out the alloy rig I see what people are saying. It has WAY better action than my other plastic trucks that I spend hours fixing after running. I figure it is something 1hr run 1hr fix. Maybe 1-2. With this truck I think it might be 3-1 or more. Just my 2 cents. I am gonna keep my eyes open for a full on stage 3 supermaxx as well that maybe somebody rich wants to dump

Have fun!
Old 06-09-2003, 02:46 AM
Alteramod

Now that I look at it im not sure if its old or new.... I know he did say there were some upgrades (new head for one, different air filter) and a couple other things. Im ganna go to traxxas.com and compare.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:57 AM
gearhead22

It looks just like my 2.5. I think the pull start is the way to go. Or the drill start.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:22 AM
adeoliver

gearhead22

man dont get me started. Ive owned more of these then most ever will, and its simple NEWBE inspections that thinks only the 2.5 has the plug harnes on the rear body mount(even the emaxx has that mount). If you tend to argue with me lets make a CASH bet right now $50?. I say its a 1st generation maxx!! With a TRX Pro .15 with aftermarket head, 1st generation supention, and if you would look realy close to that EZstart it is not the same as the 2.5 easy start, its case is strait while the 2.5's case is slightly angled where the motor sits, and the place for the one way bearing is in the shape of a hexagon while the 2.5 is almost a circle with 2 slashes in it. I could go on and on man, but I would rather not, because I am right, just to make my point again, if you would look at the tranny in a 2.5, its got a little sticker on the top in front of the spur gear, this truck does not, and the 2.5 engine head has 5 screw positions, this one has 4!!

Any questions LOL
Old 06-09-2003, 04:27 AM
adeoliver

BTW did I mention that the 2.5 has a slide carb, and this truck clearly has a rotary carb(see the linkage going over the spur gear?)
Old 06-09-2003, 02:16 PM
gearhead22

Well with those facts I would be a fool to argue. You also must have better eyes than me cause I can't even make out the details you are talking about. Still looks like a good deal though from the overall condition. I have 2 Maxxes but they were both bought modified. I still can't make out the linkage, wheres my magnifying glass?
Old 06-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Turn&Burn

I am going to say it's the 1st gen. Maxx I have a 2.5 maxx in front of my face and that is not a 2.5 maxx.......adeoliver has got it right in my eye's, Also notice the screw inplace of the primer on the fuel tank.....But I will say it looks like a good truck though even if is a pro .15, with that head on it it should be just fine....
Old 06-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Alteramod

Also, Im not to worried about lack of power the pro .15 will work till I get a .21 conver. kit for it and put on a hpi .21bb engine.