Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Stuck in a neurtal gear

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 03:11 AM
findlayjeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck in a neurtal gear

just got a duratrax warhead evo. been break in it in. when it started jumping in and out of gear. i thought it was the reverse slider plate not fully engaging or disengaging. but it was not that. i took it to local hoppy shop and the said to tear the tranny down it would be a gear in there. well after alot of work to get the tranny out and apart, all gears look great. SO WHAT NOW
Old 04-12-2009, 11:37 AM
davido666

Default RE: Stuck in a neurtal gear

I had the same problem. There are two ways to fix itl. I would suggest putting in the forward only shaft. If you want reverse replace item 121 and 142 in the parts manual.
121 1st Gear Hub With One-Way .......................DTXC7194
142 Reverser Input Gear.....................................DTXC9421

You will find that the one way bearing has cut a groove into the input shaft which keeps the bearing from locking to it. You will need to replace the one way because it will be filled with metal bits.
The forward only shaft is DTXC4547. Duratrax has the intructions on there web site for it. I had to file down the output drive for the rear drive shaft to get the tranny to go back together.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:32 PM
findlayjeff

thanks for your help. my question is why did it happen so soon. and if i replace the broken parts will it just happen again?
Old 04-12-2009, 03:49 PM
findlayjeff

are you sure thats all the parts i will need i ordered both thoes and also the reverse eliminator just in case
Old 04-12-2009, 04:02 PM
davido666

ORIGINAL: findlayjeff

are you sure thats all the parts i will need i ordered both thoes and also the reverse eliminator just in case
You wont need item 142 if you put in the reverse eliminator shaft. You can pull out the reverse servo and you end up removing the gear cluster for reverse. Read the directions over before you start. If you want to go forward only cancell the order for item 142 and just get the forward only shaft and the new one way bearing that I listed. PM if you have a problem. I have one truck with a forward only shaft and one with reverse.
http://manuals.hobbico.com/dtx/dtxc4547-manual.pdf

Now one more thing I had a problem getting the bearing LL off the oneway bearing. Look at the directions. You might need to also order it. I ordered it as a precaution. One of the oneway bearings was easy to get LL bearing off and the other one was impossible. Item 116 was the part that I had to grind a little to align the retaining screw to hit the hole on the new shaft.