Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Maximum mt

Old 06-25-2009, 07:53 PM
nitromandh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maximum mt

Ok so this is weird. Sometimes when i run my truck the engine revs but the truck doesn't go anywhere. I've checked out every problem I can think of. The differencial is fine and so are the gears. I don't know what's wrong. I installed the 2 speed transmission and everything on that is working fine. Any suggestions?
Old 06-26-2009, 09:17 PM
nitromandh

Default RE: Maximum mt

Never mind I figured it out but I have another question. Whenever I run my truck off road with the stock engine and a tuned exhaust, it seems like it doesn't have enough power to get up and go. I don't want to replace the engine. Is there any way i can boost the power?
Old 06-26-2009, 09:44 PM
calvino

Try a new tuned pipe on the car. Most stock engines are real low on power so it can be hard to get them to have enough power to "get up and go. IF your in the more "risky" you can try very carefully smoothing the entrance ports of your sleeve to help give the engine a little more power (not much though, its more for fuel economy but i have found it will increase power a little). If your real low on cash, try dropping 1 or 2 teeth on the clutch bell to give it more off the line power vs the stock setup
Old 06-27-2009, 08:51 PM
nitromandh

the truck already has the tuned pipe and the clutch bell can't be changed unless there is a site out there that makes custom ones for the 2 speed transmission for the maximum mt, st, and bx.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:37 PM
bigairlife

it sounds like ur clutch is worn. try replacing ur clutch shoes and springs. that should grab alot better when u put the power down. try to get the thickest springs you can and dynamite max life clutch shoes
Old 06-30-2009, 07:38 PM
nitromandh

Ok I'll try