RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

LOSI XXL or Revo 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 09:13 PM
shanet75
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOSI XXL or Revo 3.3

I have been reading review after review and post after post on these 2 trucks and I cannot decide. I have had a revo 2.5 a long time ago and I also had a LST2. Both trucks were great in there own ways. I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience with both? I will mostly be bashing but they are opening a new track fairly close by. My LHS doesn't cary much for any trucks (mostly planes) so I will be ordering most everything online. The Revo is 499 shipped and the XXL is 599 shipped. I know the radio is much better on the Losi, but I remember the LST2 being really heavy.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...
Old 01-17-2010, 10:05 PM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LOSI XXL or Revo 3.3

Get ready for a war. Every week this question is asked and there is tons of controversy. Starts arguments between people who normally get along pretty well. Save yourself a headache and delete the words you typed and just buy the XXL. $599 shipped is a sweet deal, take it. The 454 has tons of power and the extended chassis doesn't hold the truck back one bit. Plus you get the DX3S which is a sweet Radio. Tires are not up to par but will hold up till you can get some Super Bolt-ons or whatever you prefer. If you've allready read all the posts, then you just need to decide for yourself. It's all a matter of preference. I can't tell you what you'll be happy with. But I love my XXL.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm6QA7yVB_8[/youtube]

I'm posting a link to the last question. This is the answers you will get. . . . . . Again.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_93...tm.htm#9360132
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73592.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1358595  
Old 01-18-2010, 02:46 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

Do one better and get yourself a Savage.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:52 PM
shanet75

Had a Savage XSS a while back as well. Too tippy. I did the fuel tub in the shocks trick to lower it and it helped, but still didn't handle like the revo or the LST2. I must admit it was a blast putting it together though. Reminder me of a Monster beetle I built when I was younger. That Losi looks awesome, but I am somewhat partial to the Revo. Not sure why....
Old 01-19-2010, 03:08 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Big Losi fan here. Have to admit, on pure looks the Revo is awesome - best looking MT IMO.. I've never had a Revo, so can't say much about them.. But I'm such a committed Losi fan because my first LST2 has just been so reliable.. Coming up on three years old, and still going - same diffs, tank, etc.. Really solid. You can pimp out the XXL too to make look racier.. Get a wing kit, LST racer body, and some truggy wheels with 17mm conversion, and you'd have a pretty wicked looking truck..

Here's my track LST2..:

(first pic with Mugen Jconcepts truggy bod, second with LST racer body.. The XXL is longer, but the racer bod should fit.. ??)

Old 01-19-2010, 05:31 PM
shanet75

Seems like the Losi is the way to go. I also remember having issues with the one way bearings. Wasn't sure if it was me, or the bearing. Anyone else have issues with that?
I am leaning towards the xxl. Or is the LST2 any better as it has been around longer??
Old 01-20-2010, 12:54 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My first LST2(my basher) has been flawless... My second one(track truck - above..) has had OWB issues.. I don't know why - this truck is like two years newer than my first one. Also seems like more other people have had this issue with later model Losi MT's. It's not that big a deal though.. Some of the more knowledgeable Losi guys (lstforums) say you just need to take the 2-speed unit off and thoroughly clean it, and maybe lube it with some special OWB lube(current thread in the Losi forum.. Serpent makes it I think..) Worst case scenario you need to buy a new 2-speed cam - which I did.., and now it seems OK. Though those Losi guys were probably right.. Take the 2-speed off and clean it thoroughly, then lube it right, and you'll be all right.. They also say do that with the clutch btw..

Whatever the case, the XXL is still a knockout package. And you might not even have the OWB issue whatever the case.. And again, even if, it's a minor-ish problem..