tjmaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The truth about the t maxx.

What?
Old 07-22-2003, 02:05 AM
remten2001

if they are reaplcing parts for free there is a problem somewhere....And those free parts that they install will most likely have the same destiny then there previous ones..

when i bought my savage i had already paid for it the store owner wanted me to buy a new 2.5 tmaxx real bad even after i had paid for my savage....He never said anything about the savage cause all they have been selling in last 2 years were tmaxx's....I passed on the offer for the simple fact that I went there to pick up 1 truck not 2 althouth i had load of cash burining in my pockets at the time the savage to me was the way to go cause its an already .21+ platform to start up with....I don't know if you ever was on maxxtraxx but the savage forum over there was just insainne there was like 20 000 + post compare to very low counting for tmaxx's........There was no doupt in my mind that the number spoke for themself.....OF course the savage is not a perfect truck but one thing that it comes with is a darn good reliable engine that will entertain you for hours and hours of non stop pleasure and joy.....and that its all about....ain't the fastest but heck that .21 engine can run on a dime and start on second pull everytime if not first.......

and now the savage SS?what can you want more...HPI just hit another home run.....
Old 07-22-2003, 02:26 AM
MGT

Very well said I agree 100%
Old 07-22-2003, 02:51 AM
gtxracer7

The truth? THE TRUTH!!!

It sux! Ta-da!

I have owned two of them. The old version and the 2.5 version. Hated them both.
Old 07-22-2003, 03:02 AM
Alteramod

Well I have a first gen maxx. The engine just took a hit and just as luck would have it the guy that i bought the truck off of offered me a brand new one that he just broke in for $25. So I said SURE!!

Got the new engine and also a new gas tank, put it all on the truck and race my friend. He was running a savage with stock engine but had the motor saver air filter and hot bodies pipe. We raced and I won the first two and the last two that we did he was gaining on me and passed me. I would win it off the line each time and would get a huge lead on him and still gain on him in second.

The only thing is that he had is richer than mine (to where the engine crackles instead of the humming screech and full speed) so that why i think i was winning.
Yup his was throwing out alot more smoke than mine so.... um.... well ..... you get the point.

I love my truck still though.
Old 07-22-2003, 03:19 AM
Cal-Torque

LOL!!!
"It sux! Ta-da!

I have owned two of them. The old version and the 2.5 version. Hated them both."

I have to agree. I've had both the new T and old as well, and they both suck IMHO. After I bought a Dom and Savage, there was no looking back. I haven't fired up my original T in over a year, and I sold the new one after a few weeks... For all those people that are die hard TMaxx enthusiasts, how many have owned other brands? I'm just curious... It may just be that some have never tried anything else.
I'm not bagging on the T...just relaying my experience and opinion. If you like it and it keeps you happy, that's what it's all about.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:51 AM
Easy rider

look, I have a Savage ( completely hoped up with almost every alu or titanium part available world wide ) and my friend has a Tmaxx. My savage - even stock - just keeps running day after day and the Tmaxx doesn't even keeps running for 2 minutes without stalling, it just doesn't want to keep running at all. My savage is 200 procent stable on the track and smokes the maxx by far ( the maxx is mostly on it's roof anyway ) and is completely out of the Tmaxx's league. Believe me, a small engine is always hard to tune and stalls easy. It needs to be handled by a pro to run good and that counts for all small blocks.

Don't understand my wrong, the 2.5 is a powerfull engine like allot of smallblocks, it really screems. BUT it needs a pro tuner to keep it running.

Just my 0.02 € ( euro cents ).

David.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:44 AM
rodrigo1508

I am new in this hobby and I own a 2.5 TMaxx I was really trying to get rid of it because I couldnt make it run but I calmed down and and said "this thing cant beat me" so I started to work and understand the engine and ended up tuning it really well.
So I really dont think you need to be a pro to tune an engine it just take a little of work.
I think the TMaxx is a good truck but I think a 1/8 truck would be better ( dont know yet but planning to buy a Savage SS)
Old 07-23-2003, 12:02 PM
Easy rider

Good for you rodrigo ! The SS should rock ( ones it's bolded together that is :-) )
Old 07-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Bob Payne
My Feedback: (8)

Originally posted by retroactivefunk
I think the new maxx is a great truck. The motor rocks, and it's duribility is ok.

But I traded mine for a savage....hehehehehehe
Just dropped in a .26 outlaw, and my buddy with the sirio is scared......
What are the black zip ties for on the head?
Old 07-23-2003, 10:12 PM
remten2001

its for scaring away moskitos
Old 07-23-2003, 10:37 PM
jonski
My Feedback: (1)

I LOVE MINE
I have the Sirio motor and pipe though.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:24 AM
powers18

Default traxxas t-max

the truck is good but yes it is the hardest to tune truck i ever had but i like it still it is fun to drive
Old 07-24-2003, 02:30 AM
elbowcreek

I have had both the old Maxx and now the new Maxx . The old one I put in a 15CVRX OS motor and was untouchable with it. At my local track I could run lap times the same as the guys with the gas trucks! Now the new one is just as fast and yes it is a B&%$# to tune but once you get it it will run and run and run without any problems as long as you keep it around 245 degrees. In fact I just won the ROAR REGION 7 Offroad Monster Truck Championship with it against two other 2.5's and a couple of Savages
Old 07-24-2003, 03:08 AM
Alteramod

Bob Payne,

The black zip ties are for when the truck rolls the head might hit the ground and crack off a part of the cooling head. Its a good idea to do this, trust me its very easy to crack off a part of it. My friend rolled his savage and broke part off of his now he has a ofna .25 cooling head on it cause the .25 took a **** and he has it zip tied. IT helps and it also looks cool!!
Old 07-25-2003, 11:45 AM
bikephantom39

Well ive had plenty of monster trucks, and work on alot of em' (r/c tech). IMO i think the Traxxas T-maxx was built to break. Think to yourself and if you have had your t-maxx for a little while im sure you have spent you fair share of cash on parts or upgrades. Not to many people keep their maxx's stock... There are all kinds of reasons why, but the majority of it is because it breaks. THe entire thing is basically made of plastic parts. Take a look at the engine mount... what kind of metal is that thing made of? Who knows, man just looking at it and it will break. The new 2.5, all the stories are true. It over-heats, carbs crack, air leaks all over it, not the mention a rebuild for them is about 70$. Oh and should i mention how these trucks are coming from the factory now? I cant say ive seen one truck come without a problem, either it being loose shock tower screws or them NEVER filling the shock with enough oil (gotta save that .50cents on oil you know). Traxxas is becoming DURATRAX, money hungry and dont care how their cars stand up. They just buy their way into magizines and become "Car of the year", how many years in a row? common! Lets see some Ofna, now those cars are tough.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:11 PM
Legendary

Default I see this has turned into another flame war!

The bottom line is there is no one perfect truck out there no matter how hard you look! All of them break (some more then other's) and most of us want to upgrade our stock trucks anyway even if they don't break! Is the Maxx better then the rest NO but, are the others better then the Maxx?? In some ways YES and in some ways NO! Why did it win "Peoples Choice" again this year because more people own Maxx's then any other MT out there combined (more votes)! Be happy with what you have or what you get because after all it's all about having some fun is it not and you can have fun with any of these trucks???
Old 07-25-2003, 01:26 PM
remten2001

To name the tmaxx truck of the year that was all a gimmick....it was not tested long enough for any problems to show up....So i can say a bone stock savage is by far more reliable than a tmaxx cause it comes with a darn good reliable engine and is very easy to tune....I had a blast with mine when it was all stock then when i upgraded the engine and a few things a regreted after that cause i missed the way my stock savage handled and how i could really push it to its limits....

IMO you can't just name a truack of year from one shout out....I am sure if they would of done some intensive testing the truth would of come out..but i am sure the magazine owner already had there mind made for what choice it would be...probabaly because tmaxx sounds better than savage?anyway that i just a thought...
Old 07-25-2003, 02:41 PM
usagi

Originally posted by wizen2002
To name the tmaxx truck of the year that was all a gimmick....it was not tested long enough for any problems to show up....So i can say a bone stock savage is by far more reliable than a tmaxx cause it comes with a darn good reliable engine and is very easy to tune....I had a blast with mine when it was all stock then when i upgraded the engine and a few things a regreted after that cause i missed the way my stock savage handled and how i could really push it to its limits....

IMO you can't just name a truack of year from one shout out....I am sure if they would of done some intensive testing the truth would of come out..but i am sure the magazine owner already had there mind made for what choice it would be...probabaly because tmaxx sounds better than savage?anyway that i just a thought...
Hum..............well traxxas is not the only "named truck of the year" so called fav of users. Its been known that all "so called ...bla bla of the year are nothing but bull" How do you think those LARGE balloon headed r/c mag companies make their money I don`t touch the main r/c mag anymore why? because of their continuous crap they put out. Not to speak of their over stuffed egos :greedy: :bananahea

I make up my own mind which to buy or not. Not some writer pushing a product based on how much money they are getting from the companies product. If I like it I buy it.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:27 PM
ugapug

Hmmm..... Well, guys, I have had three T-Maxxes and have worked on countless others. I built one from a box of parts to a full Hardcore .21 conversion truck. The second one was a race truck, and I just got a slightly modified 2.5 that I will probably go all UE with. My .02? Having run the r/c department at my LHS, I can tell you that the main problem I had was with failure to RTFM. I can't tell you how many times a T-Maxx (or any RTR) would come back non-functional because the owner couldn't follow instructions. This is not to say that the T-Maxx is perfect, I'm not saying it is. But to say it is crap, man, what planet are you on? I have pounded the crap out of both the T-Maxx and E-Maxx and unless you just run 'em into a brick wall at full throttle, they are pretty strong. The problems with flameouts in early T-Maxxes could be traced directly to the *****tastic primered fuel tank they used to have. As a matter of fact, the first mod I made for customers' trucks was to remove and seal off the primer (and put in quality fuel lines and a filter). The TRX .15 and 2.5 can be finicky to tune, yes. But if you take the time to learn how to tune, they run well. Will I still convert the 2.5 to a .21? Yes. A big block is simply better suited to the heavy metal beast I will be making. I will probably build a stock T-Maxx out of the leftover parts and end up with two trucks. I know you guys like the Savage, and I will probably get a Savage SS when it is released just because I like kits. But the T-Maxx didn't get all those awards and sell out all the time because Traxxas paid off all the r/c magazines. It got those awards because it was a truly innovative design. Just my opinion.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:59 PM
remten2001

It got those awards because it was a truly innovative design. Just my opinion
I agree but get over it....You can say the same for the savage it is very unique in its own way design wise.....

The fact that the tmaxx hit the market and made it so big doesn't mean that a new design mt that comes out on the market can't be better than the tmaxx......Some poeple have that mentality and its totally off the road if you ask me.....

The savage to me is opening doors to .21+ mt platforms and on a very good price tag considering what you are getting for the price you pay......That is something magazines are blind about ....
Old 07-26-2003, 02:06 AM
Legendary

Default The fact of the matter is!

That the T-Maxx created the ground that that Savage or any other Nitro powered 2 speed with reverse MT rolls on! If it were not for the minds at Traxxas we would not even be having this :stupid: discussion! It's true that there will be better trucks then the T-Maxx but, it will be called the V-Maxx or Z-Maxx!
Old 07-26-2003, 02:25 AM
Alteramod

LOL!!

Ok, it won the award so what. Who cares... i dont. I have one and my friend has a savage. I like them both the same. I find them both to be very good trucks. My T-maxx hasnt broke yet other than a body post. But that was from hitting a jump at full speed and landing on its hood and i bent two shocks by running into a riding lawnmower at half speed with no bumper on. Both times were not its fault....... Im always flipping, rolling, crashing at full speed and nothing breaks. So to say that it is crap is crap!!
Old 07-26-2003, 04:26 AM
usagi

I like the traxxas, i wanted one for a long time. But cost is way too much for me to own one way out here.. Maybe some day
Old 07-26-2003, 04:13 PM
old skool

Originally posted by POJack
You don't know what you're doing, so how can you say it's a good engine when you don't even know how to tune it? I've been in rc for about 5 years. I have a t-maxx and 2 hpi rs43's and by far the 2.5 engine is a piece of CRAP!
My TRX 2.5 has at least 5 gallons through it and is still running like a Swiss watch. I think that Traxxas DID make a mistake, though...they put a race engine into an RTR, and lots of n00bies are getting frustrated when it comes to tuning a high-comperssion ABC engine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.