Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

The Ofiicial Thunder Tiger Ducati 999 & Desmosedici

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 08:47 AM
kyle_yokomo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Ofiicial Thunder Tiger Ducati 999 & Desmosedici

Im gonna look into that set-up OK I did run a couple more battery packs through the bike and I am getting a little better at driving, Im still trying to learn turning, I installed my M11 in the bike, and am now going to do some fine tuning on the stearing servo, I think I need to dial-down the EPA a little bit, and turn down the servo speed a touch. Im not a big fan of the way they have the steering set-up on the servo, with the cheap fuel tubing on the servo horn, I think that will be my first hop-up, to find a better steering system.

I think one of these should help, anybody know
http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=684
http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=351
Old 12-25-2009, 10:26 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kyle.. the 2nd option works fine.. I run two of them, but one will work as well... anything is better than the rubber tubes.. also change the tires..those are the first things that should be done.. I ended up with GRP rubber, but you can use the tires from the nitro as well... The electric tires are too hard....
Old 12-26-2009, 11:29 AM
kyle_yokomo

OK I ordered a dampner kit, tires, and a Castle Sidewinder 5700kv brushless system. In the meantime I am taking my bike apart to get ready for the new goods.

I took the rear swing-arm and cut-off the dummy arm, It really opens things up visually in the rear. I want to order the TT single swing arm but cant find anyone that has it in stock.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66922.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1342008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89269.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1342009  
Old 12-26-2009, 11:52 AM
cenracer1

Kyle.. don't crash the bike with the swingarm cut like that.. It will bend on the first heavy crash.. they used support on both sides for a reason.. Good luck finding the TT single arm.. I just saw one go on ebay for almost $60... too much for that part.. there are good aftermarket ones that you can easily get...
I see you have the knockoff TT bike.. The red chassis is a givaway.. don't have any experience with that one, but from what I'm told.. its exactly the same... I don't know if your tires are glued on the stock bike or not, but when you run the brushless, you will have to glue them or they will spin right off... Let us know when the new parts come in... You will love it... next up is the lipo battery.. If running nimh.. make sure to turn off the LVC... it will drive you nuts if you don't .....
Old 12-26-2009, 12:37 PM
kyle_yokomo

Yeah this is the knock-off, I compared the two with a guy at the LHS and they are identical. I will say the hardware on this bike sucks, cheap screws that break and strip easy. I am replacing all screws with better ones.

Thanks for the tip on the swing-arm, luckily the stock swing-arm isnt that much if I break this one
Old 12-26-2009, 04:15 PM
cenracer1

The screws aren't a whole lot better on the original... they will strip easy as well.. especially the axle screws... make sure you have a spare swingarm as you will need it... looks great however.. but just not supported well if the bike crashes on the rear.. It bends too easy. .I've messed up quite a few stock ones... I was surprised how easy it bent, and being aluminum it doesn't bend back... [:@]
Old 12-27-2009, 08:51 AM
kyle_yokomo

I wish they sold this in kit form, so I can build it myself. Im not impressed with the quality control or the build from the factory. If anyone gets one of these bikes I strongly reccomend taking the whole thing apart and rebuilding it. Screws are either overtightended or undertightened. OK thats enough ranting about the poor Quality control, bottom line is this is one cool bike, its just needs a little TLC.

I have a question on gearing, what pitch are the pinion and spur gear? and should I look into re-gearing for the Castle 5700kv motor?
Old 12-27-2009, 09:19 AM
bikeracer

If it's the stock TT electric set it's 34dp..an oddball size.

Best to get a 32dp pinion and spur set up,or anything you can get different ratios for.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:49 AM
cenracer1

Kyle.. I'm running the stock spur and either a 16 or 18 pinion.. whichever isn't the stock one.. I forget.. Its been a while since I had to take the bike apart other than replacing the body from the constant wheelies..

The build quality on the factory TT bike was good.. buts its always a good idea to check all the hardware.. I do that with all my r/c's.. just a habit that I always got into .....

As bikeracer said.. it is an odd size.. I got my spare gears from Bruce at 2wheelhobbies... great place...
Old 12-28-2009, 10:56 AM
bobng89

ORIGINAL: kyle_yokomo

Hi Guys, I just picked-up a TT electric, and have some questions.

* Is the FM1-e the same as the Ducati Electric, they look identical except for the swingarm? I would like to buy a FM1-e body and carbon chassis and not sure this will work.

* Steering, how much left to right steering throw is enough?

*I cant seem to keep this bike upright and running, even in straight line is leans left or right, and seems to have little to no steering even though I have the steering throw as far as it will go left and right. Yes Im learing to drive, but if the bike cant even go in a straight line this will be a challenge. Is this normal? I have checked my bike over an over for something wrong, but everything is in working order.

hi, i also bought a TTep ducati over here in Singapore on 24/12 and i am having a hard time finding parts in my LHS, is there a website which ship item internationally ? i have been to 2 wheel hobbies but it seems that they do not ship their item out..

i am also learning to drive ,been to lots of website and forum to learn abt it, but mine is still stock version .

Old 12-28-2009, 05:16 PM
microDan

I wish they sold this in kit form, so I can build it myself. Im not impressed with the quality control or the build from the factory. If anyone gets one of these bikes I strongly reccomend taking the whole thing apart and rebuilding it. Screws are either overtightended or undertightened. OK thats enough ranting about the poor Quality control, bottom line is this is one cool bike, its just needs a little TLC.

I have a question on gearing, what pitch are the pinion and spur gear? and should I look into re-gearing for the Castle 5700kv motor?
About gearing, 2wheelhobbies has the Alleven spur adapter to take different make 48P spur gears. Recommend HPI Carbon fiber spur 96T part # 6996 and Robinson racing 48P pinions, 20T would about equal the stock ratio. With the 5700kv you might want to start a few teeth smaller on the pinion and then work your way up and check motor temps.
Stock gear ratio spur/pinion 69/14 =4.9-1 48P spur/pinion 96/20 = 4.8-1 TT has an optional 16t pinion for the stock setup that makes the bike go faster ratio is 4.3-1
So you could go very,very fast on the 5700kv with a 24T pinion (48P) ratio = 4.0-1
Old 12-29-2009, 08:50 AM
kyle_yokomo

Hi Dan, I did see Bruce, had the spur gear adapter when I put a order-in, I really wanted to buy it, but like most of the parts I want they are out of stock[].

Dan I got two messages inquiring about the red anodized chassis, it seems its well liked over the TT gold? Anyway, It would be cool if someone could just sell the red chassis plates. I like the red chassis too, but see a carbon fiber one in my future, Im a sucker for anything carbon.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:19 PM
cenracer1

Hi Dan, I did see Bruce, had the spur gear adapter when I put a order-in, I really wanted to buy it, but like most of the parts I want they are out of stock[].

Dan I got two messages inquiring about the red anodized chassis, it seems its well liked over the TT gold? Anyway, It would be cool if someone could just sell the red chassis plates. I like the red chassis too, but see a carbon fiber one in my future, Im a sucker for anything carbon.

Kyle.. be careful with Carbon fiber.. until you are really confident at driving or racing, you may want to stay away from it.. I have been looking at it as well, but I've seen what a few of the crashes that I've done to the frame and all I had to do was bend it back.. CF would have cracked, snapped or shattered.. Its calling my name as well, but I will wait... 2 years and counting... LOL
Old 01-10-2010, 08:35 AM
kyle_yokomo

My order from Bruce came in, here is my TT now

Name:	Zx71604.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1353180  
Old 01-10-2010, 08:38 AM
kyle_yokomo

more pics

Name:	Cz80080.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1353181   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36920.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	1353182  
Old 01-10-2010, 08:45 AM
kyle_yokomo

Im having a problem with the chain tension on the rear swing arm. I ajust the chain tension and then tighten the rear wheel down just enough so it doesnt bind the rear wheel. Well this works fine until I run my motorcycle, everytime I bring it back after a run, the chain loosens itself a bit. I want to tighten the axle nut more, but then it binds the bearing in the rear wheel and hub?

Can someone tell me the proper sequence to tighten the chain so it wont come loose, or is this just the "nature of the beast" when you run a hot motor? Im starting to think the stock swing arm and the axle that doesnt goes all the way through swing arm will need to be replaced with a beefier unit.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:50 AM
kyle_yokomo

more pics just for fun

Name:	Ki19786.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1353187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72285.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	1353188  
Old 01-10-2010, 10:37 AM
bikeracer

There should be a spacer between the bearings in the hub,if it's missing or too short you'll be preloading the bearings.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:58 AM
kyle_yokomo

The spacer is there, but maybe its not perfect from factory? Ill take it apart and look closer at it.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:17 AM
tominator06
My Feedback: (4)

Hey guys I traded some heli parts for this TT bike and am new to motorcycles. This seems to have been converted to a 2spd. Is this a common mod or ya think it will lead to trouble? The guy I got it from said it was hard to drive and wants to wheelie when it shifts if your @ wot. I haven't driven it yet as I just got it today and want to go thru it and replace a few bearings and the fuel tank. What is everybodys opinion of the 2spd setup. It looks stock and I thought it was till I started researching it. The steering was setup to turn right as the wheel is turned right. I see this is incorrect.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:40 AM
bikeracer

ORIGINAL: tominator06

Hey guys I traded some heli parts for this TT bike and am new to motorcycles. This seems to have been converted to a 2spd. Is this a common mod or ya think it will lead to trouble? The guy I got it from said it was hard to drive and wants to wheelie when it shifts if your @ wot. I haven't driven it yet as I just got it today and want to go thru it and replace a few bearings and the fuel tank. What is everybodys opinion of the 2spd setup. It looks stock and I thought it was till I started researching it. The steering was setup to turn right as the wheel is turned right. I see this is incorrect.
The previous owner would find it hard to drive,if not impossible with the steering set so the wheel turns right when the steering is turned right.
It's hard to tell in the photo,but there looks to be too much compression on the steering springs which will also make it hard to drive.Try it with an internal and external spring on one damper and no springs on the other one.
Wheelies look fun,but in practice all they do is wreck the bike,especially if you run without the bodywork on,best to always run with the bodywork on anyway to minimise frame damage.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Remote

Evening guys.....
I ordered the TTR6301-F42a1 tonight along with the RD logics tuned pipe. Do any of you know where I can purchase the GP8 body kit? While looking around for mods/options, I noticed that the Thunder Tiger brand hop ups are priced VERY resonable compared to other brands out there. How are the Thunder Tiger hop ups compared to the other brands out there?
Thanks....
Old 04-03-2010, 04:53 PM
jb.

Click here for the GP8 fairing kit.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Remote

^^^ Thanks for the link.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Remote

Quick question before I order the body. Thunder Tiger came out with 2 different model Nitro bikes. I ordered the F42a1 Nitro bike, will the Desmosedici GP8 (Fo72A1) body fit the one I have? I'm sure it will, but just wanted to double check with you guys before placing my order.
Thanks....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.