Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

HELP!! 1:5 Royal RC bike Modding this "oldie but goodie"

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 01:52 AM
Custnam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP!! 1:5 Royal RC bike Modding this "oldie but goodie"

I picked this up yesterday from a fellow RCU member that just happened to live close enough for me to pick it up. So I picked it up for $90. I bought this for 2 reasons, 1 to convert it into a more modern RC bike, and 2, to hold me over until the Venom bike comes out. Its in excellent (almost NIB condition). I then drove a couple more miles to the local hobby shop and picked up the parts I need to convert this thing into something a little more on the modern side of RC bikes. As you can see in the pic its got the old 2 stick type of transmitter, so I bought a Futaba magnum pistol radio, a 6 cell 3700 mah stick pack (which is all that will fit) If your not familiar with the Royal bikes the battery is what makes this thing turn, A servo and linkage attaches to a tray that holds the battery, and as the servo rotates the tray side to side the weight throws the bike into the turns. I tested it in its stock form and its a little slow to respond. So Im hoping it takes a standard size servo and that replacing it with the servo that came with the radio kit will make it a little more responsive. I also bought a new motor (which in itself looks a little old school) But I was running low on cash at the time so I decided why not. The motor was only 19.99, which im sure Ill "get what I pay for" Anyway its a OLD kyosho 540 can 12 turn "atom smasher" motor,deans ultras, and a 12 turn capable Dynamite ESC. Im going to read through another thread I saw awhile back of someone else that was updating a Royal also and see if I can get any tips.

I attached some pics of it. Also added a 3rd pic that I thought was hilarious when I saw it so I added it too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98854.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	950895   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97177.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	950896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp32911.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	950897  
Old 05-17-2008, 03:53 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1:5 Royal RC bike (beginning of transfermation)

so your waiting for the new venom bike to come out ? did you see the new bikes that 2wheelhobbies has ? they look even better than the nitro's and cost like $600 i think
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25248.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	950930  
Old 05-17-2008, 03:54 AM
Custnam

Yes I saw that one. For my budget a little too pricey. So the venom it is
Old 05-17-2008, 03:55 AM
Custnam

So.... I get this thing all apart, an low and behold it has a stock 380! ( that really explains its speed, lack thereof).... So I should have checked first rather than relying on posts I had read. So ill take back the 540 I bought and get some sort of hopped up 380.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:32 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive got the nitro desmo and i think its sh!!!!!t , i should have got a electric bike for a starting learners bike , i like the new electric bikes 2wheelhobbies has $600 but its worth it .
Old 05-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Custnam

Default RE: HELP!! 1:5 Royal RC bike Modding this "oldie but goodie"

If anyone has any pics of their 380 to 540 mod, or the changing the servo location/ set up from the swinging battery tray to the steering linkage direct to forks mod Id really appreciate it. You can email any Royal mods pics/ info to [email protected]
Thanks very much. Im modding/ tinkering with this oldy but goody until the New Venom bike comes out.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Custnam

Default RE: HELP!! 1:5 Royal RC bike Modding this "oldie but goodie"

Ok, the Royal is for sale if anyone interested. Check my ads