Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Revo 3.3 Not moving

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 05:44 PM
mmaertin06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo 3.3 Not moving

I just got my revo 3.3 last week only put about 10 tanks through it so far. I was riding it today I put it in reverse then tried to put it into forward but the engine just revved. I had this problem before bit I just put it in reverse then forward again and it fixed itself. This time I couldn't get it to work. I looked at the spur gear qnd it's flat on some of the teeth. Would I just be able to replace that or is it something else like the slipper clutch. Thanks.
Old 08-17-2023, 07:41 PM
petersen

Originally Posted by mmaertin06
I just got my revo 3.3 last week only put about 10 tanks through it so far. I was riding it today I put it in reverse then tried to put it into forward but the engine just revved. I had this problem before bit I just put it in reverse then forward again and it fixed itself. This time I couldn't get it to work. I looked at the spur gear qnd it's flat on some of the teeth. Would I just be able to replace that or is it something else like the slipper clutch. Thanks.
It could be slipping on the flat parts of the gear you mentioned. Every part on the truck is replaceable.
Old 10-17-2023, 03:01 PM
Kooldaddyo

Default Something is loose

Sounds like a set screw came loose on a gear or something.
Old 10-22-2023, 04:16 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Traxxas vehicles with reverse are notorious for the one-way clutch bearings in the transmission to slip. I had the same thing happen with a T-Maxx 3.3 with reverse. Had to rough up the shafts that go into one-way clutch bearings. Also need to make sure the gear selector is moving freely and the servo is traveling far enough to keep it locked in. RTR is a relative term; most often screws need to be tightened, gear mesh needs to be adjusted, etc. Also, stay away from Traxxas fuel. It’ll make the engine run like crap so you can’t get it tuned right and the transmission will shift funny or not at all. Use fuel with a castor/synthetic blend at 12% content max.