Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official HPI MT2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 05:16 PM
nitroaddict247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

i am runnign blue thunder, and i dont think they make a 16 percent or even a 15 percent. i havent looked too hard tho. i have a jug of 20 percent for another rc car that i think i will use. i heard it lowers the life of the motor tho...
Old 12-31-2006, 05:17 PM
nitroaddict247

does a higher notro content burn hotter or something?
Old 12-31-2006, 05:20 PM
djheptic

your best of with o'donnell 16% race blend. or byron fuels 16% it wont hurt to run 20%. but to much oil content is bad for a engine.

ORIGINAL: dnizzle2

i am runnign blue thunder, and i dont think they make a 16 percent or even a 15 percent. i havent looked too hard tho. i have a jug of 20 percent for another rc car that i think i will use. i heard it lowers the life of the motor tho...
Old 12-31-2006, 05:20 PM
jddimck

Been asking all around the internet on what is the best engine to put in my MT2. I am told the O.S. 18TZ may have to much power and the .18 CV-RX is best. I now have the 18SS and want more. Any other suggestion before I spend the hard earned $$? Thx
Old 12-31-2006, 05:26 PM
djheptic

os .18 cv-rx is your best bet and great value for money. as i am from the UK o.s 18 engines are very hard to get hold of. i can only find the short shaft ones. so i have a lrp z18s Pro and it is great

ORIGINAL: jddimck

Been asking all around the internet on what is the best engine to put in my MT2. I am told the O.S. 18TZ may have to much power and the .18 CV-RX is best. I now have the 18SS and want more. Any other suggestion before I spend the hard earned $$? Thx
Old 12-31-2006, 05:27 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: djheptic

10%?[&:] i didn't know nitro come in that percentage. you can run 20% but you should stick to 16% for small block engines. never go over 20%

I will not run anything less then 20% nitro content and nothing over 12% oil content. As far as running over 20% nitro content you start running in to things like proper heat range glow plug and head being shimmed properly. If you know what you are doing is one thing but if not it could cost you an engine.

Now here we go again guessing will a MT beat a Savage? There are many variables to this question. Could it yes could it not yes depends on to many things to say for sure. Being I am a hard head hard core off road racer does not matter to me what something will do in a straight line. Any one can run a straight line but it take s real drive to keep the rubber side down on a track. Before ever running on a track I watched many videos and said running on a track looks easy until the first time I ran on a track.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:30 PM
jddimck

thx. I'll look into that. How is the torque on that engine?
Old 12-31-2006, 05:32 PM
djheptic

oh, so you run 20%+ in your os .18tz? i thought you ran 16% my bad or was you meant to put more instead of less lol.

ORIGINAL: 46u

10%?[&:] i didn't know nitro come in that percentage. you can run 20% but you should stick to 16% for small block engines. never go over 20%

I will not run anything less then 20% nitro content and nothing over 12% oil content. As far as running over 20% nitro content you start running in to things like proper heat range glow plug and head being shimmed properly. If you know what you are doing is one thing but if not it could cost you an engine.

Now here we go again guessing will a MT beat a Savage? There are many variables to this question. Could it yes could it not yes depends on to many things to say for sure. Being I am a hard head hard core off road racer does not matter to me what something will do in a straight line. Any one can run a straight line but it take s real drive to keep the rubber side down on a track. Before ever running on a track I watched many videos and said running on a track looks easy until the first time I ran on a track.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:33 PM
rcnz

ORIGINAL: rcnz

You do not have a problem pulling the body pin out of the shock tower? Seems like if the spring where strong enough to over comes the servo it would pull the pin out of the shock tower. I guess a lot has to do with what servo you run.
No, I haven't had any problem at all...the body pin I am using has a very tight fit into the hole in the body post and is pretty hard to get out...you need to give it a good tug with a set of pliers to remove it. I have run this method practically since I first got the MT2 and the config has worked great for both the T-15 and now the CV-R rotorary carb. If you cut battery power, the spring returns the servo nicely to idle position.

Cool are you running the stock servo?
I'm just running a stock Futaba S3003 on the throttle...can overcome the spring fine...
Old 12-31-2006, 05:34 PM
46u

does a higher notro content burn hotter or something?

What nitro does in the fuel is increase the oxygen. Just like fanning a fire. More oxygen the better burn. I once tried a couple of tanks of %30 nitro and can not see where it constitutes the difference in price for club racing. Now if I ever get in to sanction racing then I might. If you have everything set up properly your engine will run cooler with higher nitro content and if not you can fry it.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:35 PM
rcnz

your best of with o'donnell 16% race blend. or byron fuels 16% it wont hurt to run 20%. but to much oil content is bad for a engine.

I run 20% in both my Savage and the MT2 - works great. I think both engines (.18 CV-R & K4.6) can be taken up to 25% - but its probably not worth the gain in the long run....
Old 12-31-2006, 05:38 PM
46u

In all mine right now I run O’Donnell 20% nitro content RACE BLEND and since O’Donnell like many others do not publish oil content but I am sure it is around 10 to 12% oil content.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:40 PM
rcnz

ORIGINAL: jddimck

thx. I'll look into that. How is the torque on that engine?
Torque = Brilliant
RPM = Brilliant
Reliability = Very good
Holds a tune = Brilliant

The .18 CV-R is a great engine - would recommend it for the MT2.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:47 PM
46u

The life of the engine has a lot to do with your tuning abilities and how well you maintain your engine like keeping the air filter clean is a big one! I have engines with 8 or 9 gallons of 20% nitro content on them still running strong for how much longer I do not know. Yes I do believe once you go over 20% you will decrease life some but not as much as some may think but once againg this is if you have every RIGHT.

OS 18 CV-RX is a GREAT engine and one of the most user friendly ones on the market. All around very good engine!
Old 12-31-2006, 05:47 PM
djheptic

cool, i run o'Donnell 20% they gave me the ready to run mixture [:@] so i took it back and got the race blend. I'm going to stick with that for as long as possible. if i did have to switch fuels i would go with Byron fuels 16%. great fuel. but then everyone has different opinions and views. but to me Byron fuel is a good poison. i maintain my engines well, clean the filter after every 5-6 tanks. but less if i have been running in a non dusty area. i always use after run oil in my engine at the end of the day. and always have it tuned correctly.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:51 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

In all mine right now I run O’Donnell 20% nitro content RACE BLEND and since O’Donnell like many others do not publish oil content but I am sure it is around 10 to 12% oil content.
O'donnels good stuff i like how its clear

but i also think traxxas top fuel is good eve tho they dont publish oil content either but i dont think traxxas il content is to high..for instance i think there are ways to try testing

for example

put some O'donnel on ur hand right? after it evaporates feel the stickyness? if its hardly sticky low oil content and vise versa **THIS IS NOT A PROVEN TEST JUST AN IDEA MADE BY ME***

or you could put some o donnel on a sheet of metal and scrape the oil off and get a good idea of the amount

once again this is not prven and is only my imagination working
Old 12-31-2006, 06:04 PM
tattguy12

i use blue thunder 20% race fuel and it keeps great temps and runs awesome
Old 12-31-2006, 06:09 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

O'donnel/traxxas/blue-thunder/red alert all great fuels ive heard every 1 say some thin about all these fuels
Old 12-31-2006, 06:40 PM
lewis_lfc

dam!!![:@]broke the throttle arm on the mt2 any ideas where i can get one from[:@]
Old 12-31-2006, 06:47 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: Nitr0-is-Deadly

O'donnel/traxxas/blue-thunder/red alert all great fuels ive heard every 1 say some thin about all these fuels
Have you ever tried the O’Donnell in your Traxxas and have you ever tried the Traxxas in your MT?

I will not ever use Traxxas or Blue Thunder again but have never tried Red Alert so I cannot say about it. I have tried Traxxas, Blue Thunder, O’Donnell Race as well as others all in the same engine and can see the difference. Unless you try different fuels in the same engine hard to make a good judgment. But what every makes a person happy is all that matters.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:48 PM
bubbles31

ORIGINAL: lewis_lfc

dam!!![:@]broke the throttle arm on the mt2 any ideas where i can get one from[:@]
same thing happend to me so i just made one
Old 12-31-2006, 06:55 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: Nitr0-is-Deadly

O'donnels good stuff i like how its clear

but i also think traxxas top fuel is good eve tho they dont publish oil content either but i dont think traxxas il content is to high..for instance i think there are ways to try testing

for example

put some O'donnel on ur hand right? after it evaporates feel the stickyness? if its hardly sticky low oil content and vise versa **THIS IS NOT A PROVEN TEST JUST AN IDEA MADE BY ME***

or you could put some o donnel on a sheet of metal and scrape the oil off and get a good idea of the amount

once again this is not prven and is only my imagination working

Not only from my experience but I know of a person that had laboratory test done and know Traxxas is a high oil content as well as I can tell just by running it. I use to have the laboratory report till my computer crashed about a year ago. An experience RC person can tell. But if you are happy with it that is all that maters. I love HPI but I sure will not run their fuel!
Old 12-31-2006, 06:59 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: bubbles31

ORIGINAL: lewis_lfc

same thing happend to me so i just made one

Are you running the stock radios? If so this is one of the very good reasons to have a better radio with end point settings among other reasons. One it makes your servos last longer and two less likely to break something like a throttle arm.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:00 PM
mymt

HELP.. I cant figure it out... I recently upgraded my MT2. From a T-15 to an OS.18 CV-R I know my way around engines. At least I thought I did. Right after I mounted it, It started right up ( Used Engine) As soon as I pulled the glow plug starter out it died..So like anyone I replaced the glow plug. I looked down into the piston and sleeve and it looked new. I replaced the glowpug and proceeded to re-start it. It fired right up and died after I pulled out the warmer. I tried again in frustration and it fired up and ran great (unmounted on the car) I mounted it the next day and went out to see it scream. And it would only run for a few minutes and would die at about 175 degrees. I checked my needles and set them back to factory settings, and it still had the same issue. It runs real strong and then Is really hard to start after it dies. I noticed some moderate leftover gunk coming out of the muffler. I cleaned it out and leaned the engine a little. It still wont stay running through a whole tank or idle for to long. I really need help.... I have been building this truck for 2 years. Im almost done and now the engine is having issues. Thank you for your time and reading all my problems..
Old 12-31-2006, 07:03 PM
mymt

My carb is also sticking. I took it out and cleaned it. It worked, then it stuck again today! So many problems. So little track time[&o]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.