Official HPI MT2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Joebaby35
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

46U

What happened with the Diff Case??? Did you get everything together or is there a problem with the case preventing you from puting your rear together???
Old 01-02-2007, 04:24 PM
rcnz

I run these on my MT2 with the graphite shock towers - work great. I love the range of adjustment on them..
Old 01-02-2007, 04:30 PM
rcnz

ORIGINAL: 46u
One more thing about this piece of junk GPM differential case half the screws are wrong. [:'(]
Have you enquired with RC-Edit? I'm pretty sure their stuff is billet...
They don't appear to have a diff-case/bulkhead on the page, but you could enquire to see if they might produce it...

http://www.rc-edit.com/products.php?kit=7&lang=en

Just an idea
Old 01-02-2007, 04:36 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Joebaby35

46U

What happened with the Diff Case??? Did you get everything together or is there a problem with the case preventing you from puting your rear together???
I am working on it right now just normal GPM. I will get to work but like every GPM part I ever got poor design! About 4 of the screws are the wrong ones but I keep plenty of screws. No line up pins or what ever for the 2 halves! At least the stock plastic ones have a way to align up the two halves! Will just have to see how it works.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:40 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: rcnz

One more thing about this piece of junk GPM differential case half the screws are wrong. [:'(]
Have you enquired with RC-Edit? I'm pretty sure their stuff is billet...
They don't appear to have a diff-case/bulkhead on the page, but you could enquire to see if they might produce it...

http://www.rc-edit.com/products.php?kit=7&lang=en

Just an idea

Yes their stuff is billet and well made but do not make much for the MT. I just looked and could not find any differential cases.
Thanks
Old 01-02-2007, 04:50 PM
djheptic

does this include the shims & everything i need http://www.jespares.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=1552 it says "set" so im guessing it does?. also what grease should i use?
Old 01-02-2007, 04:51 PM
gigity

can some one please help me, my mt2 isnt starting. I took the glow plug out(not sure if its good or not cant tell, idk how) checked the fuel lines,glow starter,etc idk what it is. So i took the whole engine off washed it lightly with soap and water and checked it over. The only thing thats weird is that b4 i took the engine off and stuff, when i pulled the pull start halfway through the cycle i could hear like this slight -tttiisstt- sound amost like an air leak. Any help is greatly apprecieated

also my pull start is starting to slip(ie doesnt turn the engine over every time) how can i check to see if its still ok, or check if its bad?

ps the engine i have is an omega xt .12 se
Old 01-02-2007, 04:56 PM
rcnz

ORIGINAL: djheptic

does this include the shims & everything i need http://www.jespares.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=1552 it says "set" so im guessing it does?. also what grease should i use?
I just use the HPI Grease...yes this set include shims and everything you need to replace the stock pot-metal gears.
You'll also just need to download the 18SS manual from HPI, its got instructions on how to install the parts into the diff case.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:07 PM
tigerdragon

Is there an conversion kit to put an .30 size engine into my mt2? I know it is possible..but I just don't know how. Maybe one of you expert can share with some of us..
Old 01-02-2007, 05:16 PM
46u

I just use the HPI Grease...yes this set include shims and everything you need to replace the stock pot-metal gears.
You'll also just need to download the 18SS manual from HPI, its got instructions on how to install the parts into the diff case.
I do not think it comes with the pinion shims and the only way I know to get them is with the spider gear cup set. I use Harley wheel bearing grease.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTB43&P=Z
Old 01-02-2007, 05:21 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: tigerdragon

Is there an conversion kit to put an .30 size engine into my mt2? I know it is possible..but I just don't know how. Maybe one of you expert can share with some of us..
I cannot keep the drive train together with the OS 18 TZ can image what a .30 will do. If you do the conversion you will be lucky if you get a tank full of run time before having to fix it. There is a guy with a MT on the Savage forums with a .25 and is having the same problem. With my TZ it is hard to handle can image with a .30.

http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...d=&part_id=709

http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...d=&part_id=710

Old 01-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Nitr0-is-Deadly

ahh those r nice shocks from hpi..never knew they existed tho.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:26 PM
djheptic

thats just silly. if they supply no shims [:@]. im going to email the store and ask them. as i wont be ordering until wednesday/thursday
Old 01-02-2007, 05:27 PM
rcnz

I do not think it comes with the pinion shims and the only way I know to get them is with the spider gear cup set. I use Harley wheel bearing grease.
Sorry...I meant to say it only comes with the larger shims for the casing itself. No pinion shims...I never actually had to shim the pinion on mine anyway...only the casing...
Old 01-02-2007, 05:40 PM
rapsucks_07

46u take some pics i wanna see how it turned out
Old 01-02-2007, 06:04 PM
46u

Sorry...I meant to say it only comes with the larger shims for the casing itself. No pinion shims...I never actually had to shim the pinion on mine anyway...only the casing...
I have both my pinions shimmed. I do all I can to get the most tooth engagement with out bind and still have a little gear lash
Old 01-02-2007, 06:09 PM
46u

This is a better picture for the final gear set. It comes with the big shims but not the pinion shims.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...237&I=LXJYM2&P
Old 01-02-2007, 06:27 PM
djheptic

i think that is just silly. you pay good money for the set...and they dont include what you need. what has the world come to now a days []. so you are saying i will need to buy the spider gear set / Bevel gear set and the toothing is 13T & 10T right? and these include the shims i will need?. i only need 2-3 shims on the pinion.

just looked on the site and they are only £5.00 so its not that bad
Old 01-02-2007, 06:27 PM
adz06

does any1 here have problems with the front uprights in there mt2 i am forever having to work on it wer the screw has broken the threads on the upright at the bottom, the screw stays in but the upright pops of causing dog bone to pop off as well. its usally only the left side of the car.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:34 PM
djheptic

yeah had that problem not long ago. the cap head screws wear the threads down and make the hole alot bigger so the turn buckle comes off. thats why i am going to upgrade to the alu ones.

ORIGINAL: adz06

does any1 here have problems with the front uprights in there mt2 i am forever having to work on it wer the screw has broken the threads on the upright at the bottom, the screw stays in but the upright pops of causing dog bone to pop off as well. its usally only the left side of the car.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:48 PM
adz06

it happens me almost every time i have it out i have just kept replacing them with the cheapy plastic 1s if i replace them with alum ones would i need to replace anything else?
Old 01-02-2007, 06:50 PM
djheptic

im very puzzled. my gears are meshed properly but i have a tight spot on my spur-gear [&:]. its been there for a while now but i thought i would just see if any of you might know what it could be. as i said its been there for a while so its nothing to worry about, if it wanted to strip it would have stripped by now. knock on wood lol. any ideas? thanks
Old 01-02-2007, 06:57 PM
djheptic

get the alu turn buckles and uprights. I think the cap head screws will fit. not entirely sure as i do not own alu turn buckles and uprights (yet) i know alot of people on here do have them. im sure 46u has them. also a good investment is [link=http://www.jespares.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=347&products_id=2789]these[/link]. im getting them for my mt2 very soon once i sort out my diffs

it happens me almost every time i have it out i have just kept replacing them with the cheapy plastic 1s if i replace them with alum ones would i need to replace anything else?
Old 01-02-2007, 06:58 PM
46u

i think that is just silly. you pay good money for the set...and they dont include what you need. what has the world come to now a days []. so you are saying i will need to buy the spider gear set / Bevel gear set and the toothing is 13T & 10T right? and these include the shims i will need?. i only need 2-3 shims on the pinion.

just looked on the site and they are only £5.00 so its not that bad

Being I cannot see or know what all is wrong with yours hard for me to say what you need. Is it all bad or what? The final geas come as a set. Ring and Pinion
Old 01-02-2007, 07:00 PM
46u

Are you talking about the steering knuckles? If so this has been covered many times. Run alloy knuckles.

http://www.rc-edit.com/piw.php?partN...&kit=7&lang=en

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.