Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official HPI MT2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 12:39 PM
ChriX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

Looking at that kit, it really doesnt seem like you are getting $70 worth, for some engine mounts and a few nuts and bolts.

Does anyone have any videos of their os .18 powered MT2 online? I want to see what they're like before I buy!
Old 02-24-2005, 01:07 PM
adrenalnjunky
My Feedback: (18)

Not OS - but similar output - videos from HPI's website for the MT2 with the 18SS engine.

I am still breaking in my Mt2SS kit - it won't stop raining here

http://hpiracing.com/movie/10402_1617.zip - you have to download it.

http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/movies/mt2_18ss.asx
Old 02-24-2005, 04:45 PM
szyslak096

MT2 Beater - the part number for the HPI hummer body is 7161. Check it out. Which F150 body were you planning on getting?
Old 02-24-2005, 05:00 PM
UtahRacer13

I'll let you know if I try it. First I have to wait till June to get my MT2.(Birthday)
Old 02-24-2005, 05:52 PM
Nitropowered92

This body:

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAPU2&P=0]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAPU2&P=0[/link]

For a humvee body, i was looking at something more like this:

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGB76&P=0]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGB76&P=0[/link]

I sent tower an e-mail about the specs on it, they are all messed. Please answer the questions i posted last time guys.

Thanks a ton
Old 02-25-2005, 12:45 AM
UtahRacer13

Has anyone tried this motor in their MT2? It's the O.S. .18 TZ Turbo. It puts out 1.8hp!!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHLW1&P=ML
Old 02-25-2005, 04:28 PM
RedHotRustler40

do you think an on road car body would fit on a stadium truck. I think a Ford GT40 body would look real nice. Has anyone tried it???
Old 02-26-2005, 08:26 AM
joey_k

Alot of them will fit but the nature of a stadium truck can create a hassle w/ the mounting points. The shock towers are alot higher than on a touring car chassis, etc. So yes, alot of those car bodies will fit but will end up sitting alot higher because of the shocks. Your best bet is to take your truck to a hobby store & gently sit a few of them down over it, the plastic packaging is often loose enough to do this. That is as long as it's ok with the shop manager/owner. There's probably someone on here that may have a better answer to your question but good luck on getting an answer. Seems as though there's a certian group of people that will only talk amongst themselves & leave the others on the outside of the loop, if you catch my drift. That's why I don't bother to ask anything anymore. I just check out the thread every once inna while. I hope by saying this maybe I'll ruffle somones feathers enough to answer you to spite me
Old 02-26-2005, 09:48 AM
McFlyss

OH MY GOD!!!! Has anyone else experianced the electrics turning themselves off?? There I was driving my mt2 around, landed a jump and whoosh, off she went on her own accord leaving me running after her like a mad man!! On landing the flippen switch had nudge itself off, shutting off all electrics and leaving her at full throttle!!!! Why on earth did HPI put it in such a position.
I have a fail safe but with out power there useless hey. Btter invest in a reurn spring, also i've heard about putting a swicth guard, any of u guys done this??

Oh and to the above post, im not one of 'those guys' but yes I have seen car bodies on trucks, but like u say they sit very high, easaily broken...
Old 02-26-2005, 12:43 PM
joey_k

wow, I've never heard of the switch getting nudged off. Never thought of that. I have had it run away on me. Aint no way to catch the lil bugger either! lol. It piled into a chainlink fence & that stopped it. I thought of the return spring also but I also heard you have to be carefull that your throttle servo doesn't have to struggle to work against it. This switch guard, is it a manufactured product that you can just go out & buy or is it something you just make yourself? Sounds like a good idea.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:25 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received my MT2 slipper clutch this week and will install it this weekend in my MT Racer. Will find out if it is better then the old style. They say on the packet for MT2 only but the all so said that about the 100cc tank I installed! I all so received the RPM chamber gauge and they recommend for off road to start with 3 degrees negative camber. In the next couple of months I will be playing with chamber and toe settings. Have not ordered a toe gauge yet but plain to when I order my Savage SS 4.6 kit. When I get my Savage I will all 3 Rush original, MT Racer and the Savage. Yes I really like HPI!
Old 02-27-2005, 12:30 PM
living my life

As for the truck landing hard and turning itself off that happend to me too.
Solution: take the switch off, turn it upside down, put it back in. Youll never have problems with it turning off again. If you land hard the force will only make it stay turned on. Unless you land really hard upside down...[:'(]

Im not sure what a 'switch guard' is but the throttle return spring is a great idea. I know associated makes them for the GT but I havent done it myself yet.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:35 PM
joey_k

...Never thought of turning the switch upsidedown. Geat idea! I think I'm gonna do that. I usually keep it shiney side up so I doubt I'd ever land it hard enough on it's top to work against me & hey, if I do shutting itself down could be a bonus eh?
Old 02-27-2005, 12:39 PM
McFlyss

Thats a grand idea, putting the switch the other way up, I shall also do this.
The guard I was talking about was something this guy made, bsically it jammed in under the switch to prevent it from turning off, but your suggestion is a lot easier.!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 08:34 PM
jpolidore

Hey guys, I have now read this thread all the way through, been reading it since I got my MT2, WOW. I have some questions for all ya'll experienced guys. I was wondering what an aluminum flywheel will do for my truck? (I was thinking it would make it get to WOT quicker), and which one is the most reliable? is there enough torque to twist it? My personal thought is no. Also, I have a high torque servo, hitec 625 or 645 don't reemember, it does not return to center on its own, I have to steer it back to straight, is this my power source? my old servo returned fine, by the way i am running straight alkaline for the radio, i want to get a battery pack but which one? or should I get rechargeable AA's (Ni-Cd), I'll tell you want just point me in the direction of a battery, LOL. One last thing thanks to all contributing to this great thread I read it everyday, I am new to RC but am learning fast, thanks to the great People here. Any input is apreciated.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:00 PM
46u

I thing all MT’s come with a cast aluminum flywheel but I think you are talking about a lighten flywheel. If you run a lighten flywheel it will rev quicker but you will lose torque and will not idle as well. This has all ready been talked about in this thread. Depends on what type and where you drive.

When you say the servo does not come back to center are you talking about sitting still or when running? Do you have the trim set correct on your TX?

As far as batteries for the truck receiver you would do better to get a hump pack and for your TX (transmitter) I run rechargeable Nimh. Batteries last quite a while. I all so see you live in my state.

Here is a link to get good cheap hump packs. I have been running these for 3 years and if you take care of them will last a long time. I have been running the same ones for 3 years. You can get the high dollas name brand but that is what you are paying for the name!
http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?...S&Category=302
Old 03-01-2005, 01:20 AM
living my life

[sm=eek.gif]Those batteries are cheap!!![sm=eek.gif]
The ones at my hobby shop cost around $20. Just make sure you get the hump pack and not the flat pack. You will also need a charger but after time they will pay for themselvs and even though 4AA's and the hump pack are both 6v the hump pack is definately more powerful. I dont quite understand that but oh well.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:20 AM
46u

4 AA are 4.8 volts as each is 1.2 volts times 4 = 4.8. Yes they generally are a little higher and the hump packs after charging are over 7 volts even thaw they are rated at 6 volts. Hump Packs are much better!!! Just look at the rating on any servo and it gives you specks on both AA and hump packs and you will see the rating with the hump pack is much higher. You can pay the money for the name brand but the ones I have listed above I have been using for 3 years and still work great. You can get 3 of them for what you can get 1 of the name brand or 1 with a small charger for what for the price of one name brand. Keep in mind new batteries need to be cycled and batteries are like any thing else you have to take care of them. I charge mine before I run and discharge when I am done. Either way it is a very good up grade and you will glade you did.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:59 AM
living my life

Im not sure where you get your batteries but my AA's are 1.5v and I even tested one just to make sure it really was 1.5v.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Bruno

Hey guys, Alkaline batteries are 1.5 Volts. Rechargeables are 1.2 Volts (NIcad Or Nimh). A hump pack will overcharge (or peak) to sometimes up to 7.2 Volts! That's why you get more power then Alkalines. You might get 1.56 Volts, Sometimes more, out of a brand new Alkaline batterie. Nicad or Nimh rechargeables will peak at 1.3 or 1.4 (may be a little more depending on the cell quality)so you get less Voltage with them. Less voltage= less power to the servos.
A 6Volt hump pack is by far your best choice.

My 0,02 cents,

Cheers,
Bruno
Old 03-01-2005, 05:32 PM
jpolidore

46, I am indeed in your state, a little north of you but still in your state. Thanks for the Info about the battery packs, I did see the higher rating for the 6.0v on the servo I just didnt know if the effect was that noticable. to answer your question to my question, it is when the truck is sitting still, i messed with the trim (on a stationary truck) and it did nothing still the same result. I have titanium rods and plastic ball ends, if I put some WD-40 on the Balls will that destroy the integrity of the plastic tie rod ends? How can i get more torque? racing clutch? differnet pipe? I am open for suggestions, My neighbor just got a REVO and he gets off the line better than me, even though his is a 1/8th I still want to smoke him. Thanks again for the info.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:57 PM
46u

I would not put WD 40 on anything plastic. They make oil that is compatible for plastic you should be able to get it at your locale hobby shop. It would be hard to beat a REVO with out doing a lot then you probably could not out run him unless you did a .21 engine conversion. REVO out run the Savage with both out of the box but if you get the person to run a rough coarse with jumps he will probably break something and yours will keep on going. Keep in mind you are running a .15 motor and he is running a .25 motor. BIG difference. Like comparing oranges to apples. The REVO is fast but not very durable and your MT should be able to out handle him on a tight track!!! Just go to the Savage thread here under Monster truck and you will see that the REVO does not hold up but on smooth straight line they are fast. Personally I did not buy off road vehicle to run on a smooth straight line!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-01-2005, 07:03 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: Bruno

Hey guys, Alkaline batteries are 1.5 Volts. Rechargeables are 1.2 Volts (NIcad Or Nimh). A hump pack will overcharge (or peak) to sometimes up to 7.2 Volts! That's why you get more power then Alkalines. You might get 1.56 Volts, Sometimes more, out of a brand new Alkaline batterie. Nicad or Nimh rechargeables will peak at 1.3 or 1.4 (may be a little more depending on the cell quality)so you get less Voltage with them. Less voltage= less power to the servos.
A 6Volt hump pack is by far your best choice.

My 0,02 cents,

Cheers,
Bruno
I am sorry but I am thinking rechargeable as that is all I use in my TX’s as buying alkaline just gets to be to expensive. Yes the only way to go is with a hump pack.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:07 AM
nitro_D

Im going to be getting a MT2SS soon, just want to know general stuff that breaks so i can stock up on things and also has anyone fitted a rear exhaust on one.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Richs MT2

i thought the traxass 2.5 meant .15 in the revo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.