Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Which one? XTM X-Cellerator, Duratrax Evader ST GP, or Traxxas Nitro Rustler

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Which one? XTM X-Cellerator, Duratrax Evader ST GP, or Traxxas Nitro Rustler

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 10:18 PM
E-Pedes_Rock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one? XTM X-Cellerator, Duratrax Evader ST GP, or Traxxas Nitro Rustler

Im currently tryin to sell my e-pede and get into the nitro stadium truck racing scene, and I dont know which truck to get, Ive read a ton of info. on each one, but I need some opinions from people who have owned these trucks for a while. All suggestions are appreciated.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:38 PM
RedDawg303

Default RE: Which one? XTM X-Cellerator, Duratrax Evader ST GP, or Traxxas Nitro Rustler

well it looks like ur after a good basher, well thats superb. they are all very fast i think the x-cellerator may be a hair faster then the nitro rustler, but the nitro rustler is the toughest of all and the nitro rustler has the most hop ups available. all of them come with a poor radio, the rustlers may be the worst, ive used the same one that the duratraxer has, its a futaba i think, its ok, but out of all trucks your gona want a good fm system. the trx2.5 fast as a jar of frogs and a bucket of wrenches (FAST), but its hard to tune and naturally runs hotter. i believe the evaders engine is made by O.S. its an .18 so its in the same power range as the nitro rustler, it may even have more torque. im unfamiliar with the xtm .18, but i know its puttin out. um the evader has more hop ups available then the xtm but the rustler has most. there all tough trucks and very fast, u might want to go to ur lhs and see what brand they carry parts for, then make ur choice.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:40 PM
WrathSkeller

Default RE: Which one? XTM X-Cellerator, Duratrax Evader ST GP, or Traxxas Nitro Rustler

XTM X-CELLERATOR ( to me ) is the best choice. I personaly have one and it's great, very fast right out of the box, durable, and the price is great. Just my opinion, it really depends on what your LHS has in stock like my LHS carries parts for my X-C. I would be running it now but I have to buy a new engine. [:@] When you break it in, run the engine rich to the point where every you hold down the trigger white exhaust always comes out. If you have a professional break the engine in tell him to run it rich. I didn't tell the guy who break in my engine this and that is one of the reasons I have to buy a new engine. This is my 0.02$ Hopes this helps.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:53 PM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

I would go with the xcellerator also, my friend got one, i broke the engine in for him and man that thing flies, wait another month and hopefully xtm has another sale on the xcellerator, if they do im gona buy one.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:55 PM
ICrashThings

i like the rusty. Go with looks. [8D]
Old 08-21-2004, 09:11 PM
RayRayraycer20

Evader......
does that rusty have a warranty?
NOPE!
Old 08-21-2004, 11:46 PM
crazyswede

I think what we are trying to say is they are all good. You may have a tougher time finding hop-up's and part's for the xtm but from what I understand they are making more hop-up's for it all the time but it is still a relatively new truck. Check with your LHS and see what they carry for part's and what manufactures they support and go with that. Otherwise you'll be waiting about a week for part's.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:13 AM
emtpockets

i bought the evader(my first nitro)and because my lhs stocks all of the parts,and the waranty ...
i love it.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:16 PM
frankdunn

X-Cellerator Nitro is the way to go
my friend has an evader st and X-Cellerator Nitro eats it alive at the tracks no mater who driveing and at bashing