RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 03:15 PM
RushedOut
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelie

Has anyone had the chance to try a wheelie on a HPI Rush Evo. I wanted to know if it was possible. I just blown my diff gears and im waiting for them to be fixed at my lhs.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:40 PM
GT-Power
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Wheelie

honestly i dont know why people get their trucks fixed at a hobby shop. What good is it going to do you when your truck is out of comission and there is a 3 week backlog at the hobby shop? Get the parts you need now and a manual and take your time and leanr your truck inside out. I know way back when i 1st got my rc10GT (wow almost 7 years now) i was so scared to touch anything on it and had the hobby shop do everything on it! It was very expensive this way and I hardly ever got to drive my truck. SOOOOOO I started wrenching here and there myself. First it was something like the slipper clutch. Now i can tear down my car in 10 minutes and put it back together in the same time. When you get like this with your truck it will become just more fun overall wrenching on it and you will know the the idyosynchrosies of the truck. Also when a problem does come up you can tackle it and be right back out running again. Just a thought man.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:55 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: GT-Power

honestly i dont know why people get their trucks fixed at a hobby shop. What good is it going to do you when your truck is out of comission and there is a 3 week backlog at the hobby shop? Get the parts you need now and a manual and take your time and leanr your truck inside out. I know way back when i 1st got my rc10GT (wow almost 7 years now) i was so scared to touch anything on it and had the hobby shop do everything on it! It was very expensive this way and I hardly ever got to drive my truck. SOOOOOO I started wrenching here and there myself. First it was something like the slipper clutch. Now i can tear down my car in 10 minutes and put it back together in the same time. When you get like this with your truck it will become just more fun overall wrenching on it and you will know the the idyosynchrosies of the truck. Also when a problem does come up you can tackle it and be right back out running again. Just a thought man.
agreed [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-09-2005, 12:00 AM
mittimj

I found tha wrenching on a rc can be just as much fun as driving it. And also when you work on it yourself you get it done your way I had a lhs put a 1 way bearing in once and one of the engine mounts was loose when I got it back. Cant complain tho ( it was all under warentee)
Old 03-09-2005, 12:00 AM
yoster

WAY to answer his question. Hey rushedout..apparently if you wrench on your own car it will do wheelies
Old 03-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Om3ga
My Feedback: (7)

While your wrenching . get a higher gear ratio. Than the stock 13T .

Google is a Good friend
Old 03-09-2005, 12:10 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

wheelies in the Rush=more power.
.12 CVR, Fantom FR12/15, Wasp .12, all side exhaust engines that'd drop right into your Rush.
good luck
Old 03-09-2005, 12:30 AM
mittimj

he said that the dif had issues with stock power tho.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:56 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

uh, if he broke the diff he should be upgrading to something stronger.
I dig HPI's ball diff, I have one in my Rush.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Nitro_Evader_Basher

ORIGINAL: GT-Power

I got my first car in august 2004 and I was never afraid to tear it down, except the engine, I have yet to do anything to the engine other than tune it, replace plugs and remove the pipes
Old 03-09-2005, 03:22 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

engine work on an RC nitro is EASY.
doing a head gasket on a subaru is what *I* wont do:P
Old 03-09-2005, 04:50 PM
rush basher

I've wheelied my rush (with the t-15) when I first got it (december 2003). It wasn't long after I'd run it in, I'd just do a full throttle run then skid, and as it skidded (at this moment I'd let off throttle), just jab the throttle all the way and the front end just pulled up as it bolted off. It would balance up for a while before tilting back and beginning to scrape on the battery box, which is when id let off the throttle for it to bounce down. Unfortunatly, it only did this for the rest of the weekend, and havent got it to wheelie since (only on the odd occasion when the front ends bounced up at full throttle from a rock on the car-park).

I don't know whether it was the brand new engine, brand new sticky tires or what, but its a lot better tuned now and it doesn't pull up...still extremely fast though
Old 03-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Tricksligger

ORIGINAL: Nitro_Evader_Basher

I got my first car in august 2004 and I was never afraid to tear it down, except the engine, I have yet to do anything to the engine other than tune it, replace plugs and remove the pipes
Same here, I can pull the tranny and replace the gears in the diff in 10 minutes but I have yet to open a motor
I wont be any time soon either because my old Torq .16 is up to 40 bucks on E*** so I wont be taking that one apart With a 2 year warranty from OS I doubt Ill be taking this one apart. I think Im selling this whole truck anyway so I may never have to take a nitro motor apart. Not that Im scuured or anything[8D]
Old 03-09-2005, 09:43 PM
craig_78

When I first tore my nitro engine down I was shocked at how simple it was. They are so simple that it still amazes me how they can even run. I was use to 2 and 4 stroke motorcycle engines.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:47 PM
rustler 1

wanna wheelie then tighten spur gear down and stiffen back springs with either shock oil or springs and your can go cheap with spacers.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:27 AM
46u

There is nothing to working on RC cars and tucks it is easy including the motors.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Mitchell91

I agree, wrenching on your car is easy, I have a HPI Rush Evo and can take it apart and put it back together again in 30 min