Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: official JATO price.

i just want the rims off of it to put on another truck
Old 04-17-2005, 09:54 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: 46u

Make sure you buy plenty of extra parts if it is anything like the other Traxxs trucks! Do keep us posted when you get it how well it holds up.
haha veeerrrry funny. i dont know where you guys are getting that traxxas trucks are bad!. ive probably paid 40 bucks worth of broken parts in my 2 years of owning a t-maxx, everything else was replaced by choice. by no means am i going easy on it. i live next to a BMX track, its got a 5 footer with a 7 foot gap i do probably 15 times a week. as for the revo, nah dont even TRY to tell me its a pile. the rustler is an awesome durable basher also. so what makes you think the next generation of r/c (the jato) is going to be bad??
Old 04-17-2005, 10:01 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: Unbreakable207

Obviously if there are "fifty million previous threads", the truck is going to be a hit seller right off the bat. Too many people under estimate Traxxas, its why they have been extremely successful in the past 5 years.
Nice post man. There are to many biased people on these forums. Only like what they have.

Nicely said RC Cars

Expect price to be around 330, minus the sweet coupons you get from tower.
ya, rccars411 really knows his stuff and he can put people right back in their places in a "mature" mannor. and unbreakable, i also agree about all the biased people. it gets rather pathetic. soo many people are saying "jato haha!! its soo weak". but do ya think they know ANYTHING about it? as for 95% of them, NO. im not a big savage fan but do i go around saying "it sucks! go traxxas!!". dont think so.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:08 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: NitroRulz23

Make sure you buy plenty of extra parts if it is anything like the other Traxxs trucks! Do keep us posted when you get it how well it holds up.
haha veeerrrry funny. i dont know where you guys are getting that traxxas trucks are bad!. ive probably paid 40 bucks worth of broken parts in my 2 years of owning a t-maxx, everything else was replaced by choice. by no means am i going easy on it. i live next to a BMX track, its got a 5 footer with a 7 foot gap i do probably 15 times a week. as for the revo, nah dont even TRY to tell me its a pile. the rustler is an awesome durable basher also. so what makes you think the next generation of r/c (the jato) is going to be bad??
All I know is that about 8 people I bash with have T-Max and Revo. They spend more time replacing and working on them when the Savage’s are still going! I guess that is what they get for trying and keep up with a Savage in hard bashing. O well each to there own and I sure do not want anything Traxxas.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Kemo

Same with me about savage. It doesnt mean I hate HPI, I love their MT2... I can understand people strongly disliking a truck... but to go to the extent to make it known internationally on the web(over and over), wow is all i can say.

Savage peeps gotta keep one thing in mind, they compare a bulky truck to a smaller one. The bulky savage is obviously gonna hold up. The parts are definitely bigger, the difference is night and day. But if savage fans cant understand that, then lets compare a Chevy 3500 with a duramax do a chevy S10 with the lil 4 banger. Durability is not the beginning of problems there.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:13 PM
PillowPants

All I know is that about 8 people I bash with have T-Max and Revo. They spend more time replacing and working on them when the Savage’s are still going! I guess that is what they get for trying and keep up with a Savage in hard bashing. O well each to there own and I sure do not want anything Traxxas.
good for you...
Old 04-17-2005, 10:16 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: NitroBoy24

Wow, I could have a Savage for $40 more..

Definitely overpriced in my eyes, I'd rather get a GT or XXX-NT and put around $100 into and go race with it, but whatever floats your boat.
as for the GT, now thats the meaning of overpriced!
Dunno where you get your trucks....lol
I'll drink to that, the Drake 2 is about the same price as an XXXNT RTRII, and i got my Drake 2 sitting at my LHS till Friday for $330 out the door (including 9.25% sales tax)
Old 04-17-2005, 10:22 PM
46u

good for you...
Thank you

Old 04-17-2005, 10:26 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: rccars411

Same with me about savage. It doesnt mean I hate HPI, I love their MT2... I can understand people strongly disliking a truck... but to go to the extent to make it known internationally on the web(over and over), wow is all i can say.

Savage peeps gotta keep one thing in mind, they compare a bulky truck to a smaller one. The bulky savage is obviously gonna hold up. The parts are definitely bigger, the difference is night and day. But if savage fans cant understand that, then lets compare a Chevy 3500 with a duramax do a chevy S10 with the lil 4 banger. Durability is not the beginning of problems there.
I've seen more Duramax diesels with rods through the block and blown head gaskets than the 2.2 that came in the S10, if you wanna talk durability.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Kemo

First gen duramax's were garbage, but the ones out now are awesome. That 2.2 is garbage though, i have never worked on so many before in our shop. Reliability in that 2.2 is extremely low, cavilier owners should know that lol. Ignore the engines i put in my comparison, i think its a ez thing to get if peeps can do just that.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:07 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

I got your point, LOL.
but actually i had a Corsica with the TBI 2.0 (essentially the same pile of crap, only smaller) which saw 200k gutless miles before giving up the ghost.
how does this relate to RC?
it sounded like a 1/5 scale
Old 04-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Kemo

are you asking me how it relates or are you asking yourself?
Old 04-18-2005, 11:22 PM
PillowPants

anybody know the colors it will be available in? Any new priceing news?
Old 04-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Drum

TowerHobbies has just put the Jato on there site, look on the left hand navigation bar for "Coming Soon"
Old 04-20-2005, 04:15 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: rccars411

are you asking me how it relates or are you asking yourself?
it was a rhetorical question which i answered myself
re-read the post
Old 04-21-2005, 08:56 PM
traxrustler16

why would u want a savage over a traxxas anything. hpi SUCKS. traxxas RULES!
Old 04-21-2005, 08:59 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: traxrustler16

he said it....not me
Old 04-21-2005, 09:31 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: traxrustler16

I fill sorry for some people they just do not have a clue!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder what they are smoking?
Old 04-21-2005, 11:40 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

whatever it is, it must be some good stuff.
hand me a T-maxx bulkhead and some papers yo!
Old 04-24-2005, 09:14 PM
Kemo

Ahh, as the first post said, price confirmed at tower really is 359.99. As always, traxxas is staying a little "higher" priced.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:18 PM
Skullbasher

$320 on tower, that really isn't bad at all..
Old 04-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Kemo

360 bud... hehe.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Skullbasher

360-40=320
on towerhobbies, if it is over 300 bucks, you get $40 off
Old 04-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Kemo

ah yes, for now at least. ever notice how high the Nitro Stampede price still is for how old it is? Traxxas needs to drop some prices.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:30 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

the nitro pede's still the only truck in its class, so it has no competition

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.